g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Enigma VS Skizzo - NT peak draft

Who would win based on their NT peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skizzo

I know it's the 2002 attack and the whole proven partnership that comes with it but for me Ronaldo was better in 1998, he was still pretty good in 2002 but coming back from injuries and mainly played as a goal scorer for the team (he was tied for goals with Rivaldo till the final as well) while in 98 he was the unstoppable complete forward we know him to be. Add to that, the other team having Muller also probably was a good reason to go with the 98 one (he would only elevate the trio as a whole in that incarnation) as Muller in 1970 was also a pure goalscorer and with the earlier Ronaldo you would have had a different presence up front, which provided a different kind of threat. Of course, the proven partnership cannot go wrong either.
Yeah, thought the same about Ronaldo. The 2002 version would likely finish off something the other two Rs had created here, but the 1998 model could create and finish on his own.
@Skizzo I would agree wtth @Moby and go with 98 Ronaldo when he was a fenom. 2002 was just a excellent striker but nothing groundbreakingly good.

Such lovely sides both of you have put together, kudos to both managers.
Fair point, and something I went back and forth on before the match as whether the "chemistry" angle would be more of a benefit than having the ruthless 98 version of R9.

That being said, he comes on now with fresh legs and a point to prove :p

Skizzo

For all the talk of partnerships and teammates, I wouldn't want to overlook these two.

Two players who could drive their team forward. Antonio Cabrini, 1978 World Cup best young player, and 1982 World Cup Winner, scoring crucial goals along the way.

And Marco Tardelli, who's been highlighted often in drafts for his ability to drive his teams forward, and hound teams defensively, running himself into the ground for the cause.

Another facet of our set up that aims to get the best out of our best players. While Maicon may not be Cafu, Cabrini offers a more well rounded game that Carlos would, and his defensive ability would help nullify his opposite winger, while giving him something to think about going forward too.

Tardelli would be looking to keep an eye on Ballack, and itbwoild he a good tussle. There wouldn't be much of a midfield mismatch in terms of a dominant deciding factor because Makelele isn't the type to knock it around and pick open passes, as Szymaniak and Tardelli match up with Ballack and Didi. Especially as he'd have the roaming Ronaldinho to keep tabs on who could still cause some chaos.

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
==Tactics Update (Skizzo)==

Substitution as Ronaldo decides to take his 2002 haircut away

and returns as his 1998, pre-injury self with the pace and ruthlessness to cause teams problems on his own

No other changes as the "new" R9 comes in to add a new dimension to the attack to link up with Rivaldo, who single-handedly carried Brazil through some games with moments of magic, and Ronaldinho, who came into his own against England, dragging Brazil through to the semi final stage

Annahnomoss

The people who wanted R98 must be creaming their pants. That '02 attack is one of the best of all time and if you take in to account that they were basically three players doing almost all of the offensive work I'd say it may even be the most efficient one. Suddenly Ronaldo from '98 is playing with them instead? :lol:

Last edited:

Enigma_87

You know who
Good game @Skizzo . Always hard to face your teams as they are usually pretty flawless and no weakness whatsoever. I've done a great job of that 2002 remake of that great attack and had one of the best teams of the lot IMO.

Skizzo

Good game @Skizzo . Always hard to face your teams as they are usually pretty flawless and no weakness whatsoever. I've done a great job of that 2002 remake of that great attack and had one of the best teams of the lot IMO.
Cheers mate, had fun putting this one together. No shame in going out to your team though! Good luck going forward.

Cheers @Annahnomoss @green_smiley for putting it all together

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
This game was also interesting. Will read the thread this weekend.