Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

I’m not sure what’s worse. The way they are throwing millions of pounds around like confetti when people can barely afford to pay their bills or cook a hot meal or the way their fans seem to thoroughly enjoy showing off about it.

Quite distasteful and disturbing at the same time.
I think I said in one of the Chelsea themed threads, but theres a hilarious juxtaposition between them throwing hundreds of millions on players and the Women’s team having a home game called off for a frozen pitch the other week, when basic undersoil heating is like £500k to install.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think I said in one of the Chelsea themed threads, but theres a hilarious juxtaposition between them throwing hundreds of millions on players and the Women’s team having a home game called off for a frozen pitch the other week, when basic undersoil heating is like £500k to install.
Again, why am I not surprised.

Utterly ridiculous that.

BlueHaze

In fairness they're already being milked dry.
It will be worse if they spend €120m on fernandez. This sort of idiotic transfer policy is what clubs like United need to avoid. They have shot themselves in the foot with their smug new owner trying to flex. Now other clubs will make sure to squeeze every single penny out of them when negotiating.

footballbite

All these top prospects joining a club who won't even be in the Champion's League next season? While with a poor manager in Potter?

Just doesn't seem right.

Chelsea seem to be capitalising in on other clubs not being prepared to spend in Jan, but the players themselves should be waiting for better moves in the next window.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It will be worse if they spend €120m on fernandez. This sort of idiotic transfer policy is what clubs like United need to avoid. They have shot themselves in the foot with their smug new owner trying to flex. Now other clubs will make sure to squeeze every single penny out of them when negotiating.
As part of the takeover they have to put 1.5 billion in. It's better to do it now, not just because most other clubs are skint (so we have a clearer go at players) but also because of the upcoming change in the ffp rules.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
All these top prospects joining a club who won't even be in the Champion's League next season?

Just doesn't seem right.

Chelsea seem to be capitalising in on other clubs not being prepared to spend in Jan, but the players themselves should be waiting for better moves in the next window.
You signed Antony, Martinez and Casemiro when you had a Europa League campaign coming up. They saw the long term plan, just like many other players do.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
All these top prospects joining a club who won't even be in the Champion's League next season?

Just doesn't seem right.

It’s an effective strategy but it does annoy me that players are willing to join when they could easily wait for a better offer.

mancsarered

You signed Antony, Martinez and Casemiro when you had a Europa League campaign coming up. They saw the long term plan, just like many other players do.
A lot of Chelsea fans are talking about sacking the new manager. What long term plan?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
As part of the takeover they have to put 1.5 billion in. It's better to do it now, not just because most other clubs are skint (so we have a clearer go at players) but also because of the upcoming change in the ffp rules.
Yes but that also includes building of a new stadium / renovating the current one and improving the training ground and surrounding areas. That's not cheap.

But we also weren't in such a dire situation that you are, constantly losing and manager seemingly losing his trust with the playing staff.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I’m not sure what’s worse. The way they are throwing millions of pounds around like confetti when people can barely afford to pay their bills or cook a hot meal or the way their fans seem to thoroughly enjoy showing off about it.

Quite distasteful and disturbing at the same time.
Will you say the same thing when your mega-rich new owner(s) come in and do the same thing Boehly is doing?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Yes but that also includes building of a new stadium / renovating the current one and improving the training ground and surrounding areas. That's not cheap.

But we also weren't in such a dire situation that you are, constantly losing and manager seemingly losing his trust with the playing staff.
Until ETH that's a pretty good description of United in recent years

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Will you say the same thing when your mega-rich new owner(s) come in and do the same thing Boehly is doing?
That wont happen, purely because we have a scouting system that doesn't include just going and getting who every other team wants.

cyberman

Casemiro seems to be a Utd fan but our other signings are signings we made because of Ten Hag relationship with them. When we get CL this summer you won’t see these narrow signings because we can open up a bit more.
We aren’t quite there yet but it’s my opinion that CL pull will lessen from here on in, maybe you’re just the start. Players genuinely want to play in England and experience our football now. No point in turning down Chelsea if your alternatives are Inter Milan or Atletico. You’ll play more high profile games in the EPL with a lot more fans watching alone than a few knockout games for PSG in Europe

TheReligion

Abusive
I mean it’s totally irrelevant, and you’re trying to deflect as per, but of course. That said no other club will do what you’re currently doing in such a short space of time.

The lack of self awareness from the club and fans is appalling.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
No club will ever do what you’re doing right now. The money being spent absolutely shouldn’t be allowed in such a short space of time. It’s a joke.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
There is a limit on how many players teams can register in the Premier League and Champions league. Same number for Chelsea as everyone else.

I was replying to someone who said "FFP should look into how many players Chelsea are registering".
Same as him :)

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
I mean it’s totally irrelevant, and you’re trying to deflect as per, but of course. That said no other club will do what you’re currently doing in such a short space of time.

Tell me then, what should Chelsea supporters be doing? Protesting against the owner spending money? I’m genuinely curious what reaction we should be having here.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
No club will ever do what you’re doing right now. The money being spent absolutely shouldn’t be allowed in such a short space of time. It’s a joke.
If United get a new owner that does the same kind of thing I doubt many will complain on here

Last edited:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Tell me then, what should Chelsea supporters be doing? Protesting against the owner spending money? I’m genuinely curious what reaction we should be having here.
Enjoying the ride.

But not claiming that the club is doing something amazing, when it's clear you're not.

You have no real strategy, going for every player that other teams want and have been in discussions with and spending money willy nilly, with no real thought as to what you're actually doing (or so it seems that way.)

Boehly looks like he is playing Football Manager in real life and just throwing stupid amounts of money at players and at clubs and it's going to come back and hurt you in the long run. This is going to end in tears, I can see it a mile off. Barcelona level in my opinion.

TheReligion

Abusive
Perhaps not being so smarmy and showing off about it? Perhaps a little humility? Perhaps not bragging about how much money you’re throwing around and being totally comfortable with it?

That said there was no self awareness from many of the fans RE Abramovich so understandable they don’t get it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I mean what you’re saying here is clearly just said for bites so you can’t really complain when someone bites ;)

TheReligion

Abusive
I mean what you’re saying here is clearly just said for bites so you can’t really complain when someone bites ;)
It’s not fully. I genuinely believe many of you are lapping up the money being spent and really don’t care how it looks in the current climate. Also the first port of call is to drop on RedCafe to try and stick it in to United fans and show off about it all..

I mean as pointed out the women’s team don’t even have undersoil heating. It’s all a bit crass isn’t it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'd expect that's unlikely to happen because we don't need a whole new team.
It is ridiculous but what I think is more ridiculous is the players they're spending that money on. A few of them are highly talented but some of them are very "meh". I don't know a right lot about Mudryk but players like Madueke, Badiashille and Cucurella, even Fofana to an extent, are bizzare and almost underwhelming uses of money. I could very well end up being wrong as they are young and talented but to me their ceilings just don't strike me as being particularly high. They're hardly signing the next Mbappe.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Enjoying the ride.

But not claiming that the club is doing something amazing, when it's clear you're not.

You have no real strategy, going for every player that other teams want and have been in discussions with and spending money willy nilly, with no real thought as to what you're actually doing (or so it seems that way.)

Boehly looks like he is playing Football Manager in real life and just throwing stupid amounts of money at players and at clubs and it's going to come back and hurt you in the long run. This is going to end in tears, I can see it a mile off. Barcelona level in my opinion.
I think their strategy is clear: sign a young, talented spine and hope they reach their full potential which would mean they don't have to keep pissing money away every window. A very high risk strategy but I do see the potential upsides as being very enticing.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Enjoying the ride.

The plan is abundantly clear. And it’s something Boehly promised from the moment he took over. Sign the best young talent you can get your hands on and pair them with a manager who has a history of developing a young squad over a long period of time.

Whether the plan works or not is another story. But the fact that we’re targeting and signing loads of players who are either teenagers or in their early 20’s and giving them super long contracts with the view to the future shows that we’re sticking to that plan.
Perhaps not being so smarmy and showing off about it? Perhaps a little humility? Perhaps not bragging about how much money you’re throwing around and being totally comfortable with it?

That said there was no self awareness from many of the fans RE Abramovich so understandable they don’t get it.
I haven’t seen any gloating or over the top reactions here. Are you talking about Twitter where the worst of the worst trolls and idiots congregate?

Status
Not open for further replies.