Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Probably boehly must be a cafe member and you are all trolled him for being foolish now he wanted to prove you all are wrong and he is right. :lol: . Its upto cafe to identify who boehly is.

croadyman

Down to De Jong (no balls) & Bellingham (scouse lover) then by the looks of it

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Are you talking about Enzo in particular? Because I haven’t been on this forum for months until a couple of days ago. I’m not seeing Chelsea fans losing their minds in here.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It’s not fully. I genuinely believe many of you are lapping up the money being spent and really don’t care how it looks in the current climate. Also the first port of call is to drop on RedCafe to try and stick it in to United fans and show off about it all..

I mean as pointed out the women’s team don’t even have undersoil heating. It’s all a bit crass isn’t it.
Nothing we can do about what is being spent so there’s really feck all for us to do except watch the team play every weekend, but it was more about your point about people struggling to pay their bills or afford a hot meal as if that has anything to do with Chelsea and what football clubs spend on players. That was just you using a really serious issue in society as a tool to score points online, which is a bit crass?

I don’t think there’s a single WSL team has undersoil heating despite most of them being super rich PL clubs, so it is indeed horrible that those Chelsea and Liverpool players were made to play on those conditions for 7 minutes but it’s hardly an issue unique to Chelsea and it’s more of a league wide problem?

Zlatanator

All these top prospects joining a club who won't even be in the Champion's League next season? While with a poor manager in Potter?

Just doesn't seem right.

Chelsea seem to be capitalising in on other clubs not being prepared to spend in Jan, but the players themselves should be waiting for better moves in the next window.
I think they are throwing all the money to make it to Top-4. I am guessing by mid feb this team will start funcitioning and they will have a good run till the end of the season.

TheReligion

Abusive
Are you talking about Enzo in particular? Because I haven’t been on this forum for months until a couple of days ago. I’m not seeing Chelsea fans losing their minds in here.
I mean no one said ‘losing their minds’, whatever that means, but yeah. I’ll let you catch up yourself.

TheReligion

Abusive
Nothing we can do about what is being spent so there’s really feck all for us to do except watch the team play every weekend, but it was more about your point about people struggling to pay their bills or afford a hot meal as if that has anything to do with Chelsea and what football clubs spend on players. That was just you using a really serious issue in society as a tool to score points online, which is a bit crass?

I don’t think there’s a single WSL team has undersoil heating despite most of them being super rich PL clubs, so it is indeed horrible that those Chelsea and Liverpool players were made to play on those conditions for 7 minutes but it’s hardly an issue unique to Chelsea and it’s more of a league wide problem?
I mean really? You don’t see the connection and how it looks? Not only that but the bragging about having ‘loadza’ money and what not when people can’t afford the basics.

It’s not point scoring it’s just a reality.

If you don’t see any issue with any of it then fair enough!

croadyman

Chelsea will throw so much money at him right now, he wont say no to this, considering what he earned so far in his career on relatively low wages.
Yeah our shot at getting him went last year

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I mean really? You don’t see the connection and how it looks? Not only that but the bragging about having ‘loadza’ money and what not when people can’t afford the basics.

It’s not point scoring it’s just a reality.

If you don’t see any issue with any of it then fair enough!
I mean if you want to stand by what you’re saying you’re welcome to it but I think it’s pretty obvious what you were doing. Lots of others have managed to call out Chelsea’s crazy spending without using a really serious societal issue as a some kind of gotcha on a football forum. It’s okay admit you got it wrong and we can go on bickering about Chelsea stuff as usual :D

TheReligion

Abusive
I mean if you want stand by what you’re saying you’re welcome to it but I think it’s pretty obvious what you’re doing. Lots of others have managed to call out Chelsea’s crazy spending without using a really serious societal issue as a some kind of gotcha on a football forum. It’s okay admit you got it wrong and we can go on bickering about Chelsea stuff as usual :D
You didn’t answer my question I see? Should I assume you are fine with it or you do see issue with it?

Ultimately Chelsea are mirroring the Conservatives and the fans are lapping it up.

Billionaires throwing money around, looking at ways to get around rules and benefit from it whilst everyone else is just trying to survive. It’s just sad that many of you think that’s okay and not only that are quite happy to brag about it here and elsewhere.

dinostar77

Casemiro seems to be a Utd fan but our other signings are signings we made because of Ten Hag relationship with them. When we get CL this summer you won’t see these narrow signings because we can open up a bit more.
We aren’t quite there yet but it’s my opinion that CL pull will lessen from here on in, maybe you’re just the start. Players genuinely want to play in England and experience our football now. No point in turning down Chelsea if your alternatives are Inter Milan or Atletico. You’ll play more high profile games in the EPL with a lot more fans watching alone than a few knockout games for PSG in Europe
CL is a massive draw for many players. Inter Milan are as big as any english club and atletico arent exactly a small club either.

How are EPL games more high profile than italian or spainish games? Myopic post in my humble opinion.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
CL is a massive draw for many players. Inter Milan are as big as any english club and atletico arent exactly a small club either.

How are EPL games more high profile than italian or spainish games? Myopic post in my humble opinion.
With respect, I don't think either Atletico or Inter are currently more attractive than the English giants.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
You didn’t answer my question I see? Should I assume you are fine with it or you do see issue with it?

Ultimately Chelsea are mirroring the Conservatives and the fans are lapping it up.

Billionaires throwing money around, looking at ways to get around rules and benefit from it whilst everyone else is just trying to survive. It’s just sad that many of you think that’s okay and not only that are quite happy to brag about it here and elsewhere.
Not that I enjoy sticking up for Chelsea but it's a strange comparison. So when is the cut off point where you should stop buying players because of how it's perceived in a cost of living crisis? Was spending £210M ok in the summer?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Do I have a problem with what? Chelsea spending money like it’s going out of fashion or Chelsea spending millions when people are struggling to afford hot meals?

If it was up to me measures would be put in place to control spending and the game would be a level playing field, which is a pipe dream but hey, I don’t run football and have no say in how it’s run.

So you don’t want to retract your earlier point? I take it to mean you stand by it and think it’s okay. Interesting

Last edited:

Supports
Chelsea
Only way I can see this getting done is if we pay over the odds + loan him back to Benfica for the rest of the season. Doesn't make much sense from Enzo's perspective but he does really seem to want to come here.

Also another issue with signing him now would be that we'd only be allowed to register 3 of our new signings for the CL. At the moment that would most likely be Badiashile, Felix, Mudryk? So a bit of a dilemma if he does join now with a few missing out.

Anyway, think you all should take the news with a pinch of salt unless Ornstein is saying it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not that I enjoy sticking up for Chelsea but it's a strange comparison. So when the cut off point where you should stop buying players because of how it's perceived in a cost of living crisis? Was spending £210M ok in the summer?
He knows.

cyberman

I think there was a myth that it’s a massive draw but that was before leagues levelled up and huge teams didn’t make it or simply aren’t a competitive factor in it.
Chelsea v United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs are all bigger than 99 percent of comparable fixtures elsewhere.
If there weren’t then the EPL tv deal wouldn’t be leagues above everyone else. If the CL was so engrossing they wouldn’t be changing the format in two seasons

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
People act like being out of the CL for 1 year is the end of the world. It would take a sustained period of being out year after year for it to start seriously effecting a big club.

Clubs like Chelsea, United, Liverpool, and City will have ZERO trouble attracting top players if they fail to qualify every once in a while. It would take a period like Arsenal have had recently where they were without CL footy for 5 years straight or whatever it was for it to be a problem.

Suv666

Chelsea will be the first club to spend 1B on players. Its mental never seen any club spending like this

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
He knows.
I mean, I do find it a bit crass, but then I'm like that with football fees in general. I mean, Caicedo for £75M+ perhaps? Bournemouth getting an offer accepted for Zaniolo when AC Milan can't. English football in general is just feckin bonkers.

C'est Moi Cantona

I don't get what the rush is for them, everyone knows buying so many players too quickly rarely works out. Was he given a time limit for how quickly the ridiculous £1.5 billion pledge has to spent?

TheReligion

Abusive
Do I have a problem with what? Chelsea spending money like it’s going out of fashion or Chelsea spending millions when people are struggling to afford hot meals?

If it was up to me measures would be put in place to control spending and the game would be a level playing field, which is a pipe dream but hey, I don’t run football and have no say in how it’s run.

So you don’t want retract your earlier point? I take it to mean you stand by it and think it’s okay. Interesting
Both? Or can you at least see how it looks?

There’s too much money in football, we all know that, but Chelsea have gone beyond that now in what they are doing. Not only that it only makes the issue worse.

TheReligion

Abusive
I mean, I do find it a bit crass, but then I'm like that with football fees in general. I mean, Caicedo for £75M+ perhaps. Bournemouth getting an offer accepted for Zaniolo when AC Milan can't. English football in general is just feckin bonkers.
Is what Chelsea are doing just ‘football in general’ though or is it something else?

It only serves to make the issues within the game bigger and further inflate the market.

TheReligion

Abusive
I don't get what the rush is for them, everyone knows buying so many players too quickly rarely works out. Was he given a time limit for how quickly the ridiculous £1.5 billion pledge has to spent?
I suspect the financial gurus predicting they won’t be able to spend money as recklessly in the summer and beyond is accurate.

That’s why they are getting who they can now and skipping targets that become unobtainable immediately like Gvardiol etc.

Dr. StrangeHate

As part of the takeover they have to put 1.5 billion in. It's better to do it now, not just because most other clubs are skint (so we have a clearer go at players) but also because of the upcoming change in the ffp rules.
So Roman chalked off 2 billion and the takeover has had to put in 1.5 billion. That is 3.5 billion inserted into Chelsea out of nothing. How lucky can you get?

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
The rush for some of the players surely comes down to not wanting to wait until there’s serious competition for our primary targets. If we waited until summer for Gusto there would’ve been loads of other big clubs after him. If we wait until summer for Enzo there will be a handful of clubs after him, including PL rivals most likely.

Same thing with Nkunku who we really wanted to get done ahead of the summer.

C'est Moi Cantona

I suspect the financial gurus predicting they won’t be able to spend money as recklessly in the summer and beyond is accurate.

That’s why they are getting who they can now and skipping targets that become unobtainable immediately like Gvardiol etc.
It won't end well, and Chelsea fans will do well to remember Boehly will want all this money back one way or another one day.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Is what Chelsea are doing just ‘football in general’ though or is it something else?

It only serves to make the issues within the game bigger and further inflate the market.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't think it's right what they are doing, they really are taking it to another level, and are taking advantage of the fact Abramovich debt was wiped out and the new ownership has the benefit of the start of a 3 year cycle in terms of FFP. I'll be honest, I'd prefer some sort of spending cap or something like that, because it's all just getting out of hand.

I just think comparing football spending to real life cost of living crisis doesn't work because football, and English football in general is just horrible as feck in terms of spending in general.

C'est Moi Cantona

The rush for some of the players surely comes down to not wanting to wait until there’s serious competition for our primary targets. If we waited until summer for Gusto there would’ve been loads of other big clubs after him. If we wait until summer for Enzo there will be a handful of clubs after him, including PL rivals most likely.

But you're just going for players who are obtainable now, which doesn't mean they are the right players long term.

Why not wait and just outbid other clubs for players like Bellingham, Rice, or Osimhen, in the summer? I'm not saying these are the right players either, it just seems you're saying, right they look like a good player let's get them, rather than giving the players you've already got some time under Potter, and then letting him decide what is needed, and then who he wants, there is no way he wants all this to happen so quickly, he'll be under massive pressure to make it work very quickly, which is a big ask.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

It’s guys like this on Twitter that infuriate. He genuinely believes it’s Chelsea’s pulling power.

mu4c_20le

Of course our hands are practically tied until the summer when the new rules kick in.

cyberman

It’s nearly impossible to think all the players you need to crawl back to the top table are available in 7 months.
We are sitting here reading these posts as if you aren’t 10th but it’s these other signings that’s coming in who will make the difference. We’ll just forget the likes of Koulbaly, Sterling etc.
Your new owners lost all your scouting team from the old regime did they not? How are they accessing these players so quickly never mind the sheer amount of them?

dinostar77

With respect, I don't think either Atletico or Inter are currently more attractive than the English giants.
Depends on your outlook if your italian or spainish you may have a different viewpoint. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.