g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
How would a factoring company help get around FFP?

A loan or buying the player, you still owe someone a shitload of money?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
How would a factoring company help get around FFP?

A loan or buying the player, you still owe someone a shitload of money?
The rules right now allow you to amortize the payments over the life of the loan. I doubt it specifies the loan must be held by the selling team, although that is the norm. Payments for any player is still a loan.

cyberman

The rules right now allow you to amortize the payments over the life of the loan. I doubt it specifies the loan must be held by the selling team, although that is the norm. Payments for any player is still a loan.
Love the way getting around FFP is seen as some sort of goal and not a huge risk to the future of your club

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Why is everything Todd Boehly does being described as a clever loophole?

Whats so clever about getting a loan?

We spent all summer hearing about how the Glazers had to use a credit facility to buy players and that United fans should be really worried. Yet suddenly when you call it a factoring company - genius move to get around ffp.

The story at any other club would be new, inexperienced owner mortgages clubs future with risky contract strategy and then has to take out a loan to continue spending after summer transfers fail.
Chelsea fans are incredibly shameless. Sums it up.

Schmeichel=God

By the time we're bought out by oil or Jim dollars and ready to spend ourselves, all the loopholes will be closed and we'll be able to spend 10pence a season. :wenger:

cyberman

They are not getting around any rules. They are compliant with the rules.
You just posted a scenario that skirts around FFP.
it’s ok to hide behind well none of this is illegal nonsense but let’s call it for what it is. If you’re finding ways to make FFP redundant then you’re going against FFP.
How you can look at 700m or what we the feck it is and pretend it’s fair is beyond me.
It’s incredibly risky and I have no idea how you can get out of it if this all goes tits up. Is there a limit? As in owners spend, say 1.5b and if it’s still shit then sell up and get the money back that way?
Does this feel long term to you?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
it’s ok to hide behind well none of this is illegal nonsense but let’s call it for what it is. If you’re finding ways to make FFP redundant then you’re going against FFP.
How you can look at 700m or what we the feck it is and pretend it’s fair is beyond me.
It’s incredibly risky and I have no idea how you can get out of it if this all goes tits up. Is there a limit? As in owners spend, say 1.5b and if it’s still shit then sell up and get the money back that way?
It is risky, there is no denying that. Completing that risk within FFP is the risk they are willing to take. Only time will tell if it was a good risk.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It is risky, there is no denying that. Completing that risk within FFP is the risk they are willing to take. Only time will tell if it was a good risk.
Honestly I think the one part of this that people aren't factoring in is the squad building aspect. I'm annoyed that Chelsea found a loophole and seemingly has an infinite budget currently, but I'd be lying if I said I'd be mad if United did the same thing. It's risky but in the state their squad is in I can understand wanting to take the risk. However: History has shown us that bringing in loads of players all at once into a new atmosphere, no matter how much quality is bought individually, generally doesn't work out. Obviously a myriad of factors can play into this, but it's be proven to be accurate time and again. We'll see how Potter manages it because it's going to largely be up to him to set the culture and manage that many new personalities coming from all over.

cyberman

I’d also add I’d be a bit disappointed with the names you bought for that amount but fair enough if Chelsea actually believes in them
Kind of reminds me when Madrid bought CR7, Benzema and Kaka. Perez said there’s no point in buying one galatico per year if they can just buy 3/4 at once and have the discipline not spend any more on top.

TheGodsInRed

Honestly I think the one part of this that people aren't factoring in is the squad building aspect. I'm annoyed that Chelsea found a loophole and seemingly has an infinite budget currently, but I'd be lying if I said I'd be mad if United did the same thing. It's risky but in the state their squad is in I can understand wanting to take the risk. However: History has shown us that bringing in loads of players all at once into a new atmosphere, no matter how much quality is bought individually, generally doesn't work out. Obviously a myriad of factors can play into this, but it's be proven to be accurate time and again. We'll see how Potter manages it because it's going to largely be up to him to set the culture and manage that many new personalities coming from all over.
They don't have an unlimited budget, they have the 1.5bn that was proposed with the takeover to spend on squad and stadium redevelopment and their investors will expect a return on thier investment and will not continue to dump unlimited funds in without return. This was not a sportwashing or fan owner purchase. From what I can tell they are expecting football inflation will continue to grow at the crazy rate it has done.

As for the loophole, all they are really doing is sacrificing their future budget for transfers over a longer period. If revenues continue to rise they will be fine, but if they stagnate, they'll be in the shit.

TheReligion

Abusive
I also find it hard to believe that no other club has thought of these loopholes and saw to exploit them to this extent.

It seems more likely that it’s a very high risk, and not entirely sensible, way of managing club finances in the long term.

Valencia Shin Crosses

They don't have an unlimited budget, they have the 1.5bn that was proposed with the takeover to spend on squad and stadium redevelopment and their investors will expect a return on thier investment and will not continue to dump unlimited funds in without return. This was not a sportwashing or fan owner purchase. From what I can tell they are expecting football inflation will continue to grow at the crazy rate it has done.

As for the loophole, all they are really doing is sacrificing their future budget for transfers over a longer period. If revenues continue to rise they will be fine, but if they stagnate, they'll be in the shit.
I'm aware of the 1.5bn number, was more speaking on having an "unlimited" budget with respect to these past two windows. Obviously I'm not saying that in literal terms, but the level of spending is unprecedented.

José Mateus

Supports
Benfica
I don’t.

Mammoth fee for a player who moved for 9m 7 months ago and that hardly anybody had even seen play before the World Cup.

Talk about World Cup tax they‘ve made over 100m in just over 6 months it must be the most ridiculous deal ever made
10m€ + 8m€ (objectives) for 75% of the pass

Still a great valuation though :smirk:

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Whether we sign him or not, I hope this does not happen again

TsuWave

Rui Costa just needs to hang on for a few more hours. We'll be there with the oil funds for Enzo in the summer.

prateik

What is the point, surely it is too late to get this over the line for a deal this big. Unless it is for the summer.
How long does it take? Apparently Benfica want the release clause .. so the whole amount up front. If Chelsea agree, it'll be a pretty straightforward agreement..

The medical has probably already happened

Edwards6

How long does it take? Apparently Benfica want the release clause .. so the whole amount up front. If Chelsea agree, it'll be a pretty straightforward agreement..

The medical has probably already happened
Thought it was reported Chelsea are offering more than the release clause so they can pay it in installments, its taking time to agree the structure

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I heard Rui Costa wanted 140m if they're paying in instalments and that they wanted a video of Boehly eating 50 hot dogs in 10 minutes without his favourite condiments.

prateik

SkySports saying Chelsea offered to pay the release clause 105m over 5 years in 6 installments :lol:

Benfica said they would accept 105m over 2 years in 3 installments.
Chelsea countered with a lower bid with add ons that takes it up to 105m .

Yeah.. Benfica arent accepting that.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
SkySports saying Chelsea offered to pay the release clause 105m over 5 years in 6 installments :lol:

Benfica said they would accept 105m over 2 years in 3 installments.
Chelsea countered with a lower bid with add ons that takes it up to 105m .

Yeah.. Benfica arent accepting that.
Chelsea just countered they'll pay £120m but only in Amazon gift cards that have already been redeemed

Infra-red

Awaiting news that Chelsea have signed Fernandez on a 17 year contract that "ties the player down for his best years, his less good years, his overweight and spending most of his time on the golf course years and a chunk of his retirement years".

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It’s batshit crazy that the most expensive transfer in English history is coming down to the last minutes of the January window

BuzzKillington

They are not getting around any rules. They are compliant with the rules.
Compliant with the current rules.

At its heart FFP is there to try and make clubs operate on the money they actually generate themselves rather than sugar daddy cash injections. I’m not sure there’s a football club in the world, who could afford to do what Chelsea are doing under their own steam.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
If the kid has to stay after all this, we'll get a good insight into his mental fortitude because it'll be an absolute headfeck for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.