Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
There is an outside shot they just trigger the clause here.

It would’ve stupidly up front expensive, but it is THE piece they wanted, they’ve done all the rest of their business and I believe they have the room.

One question would be how things like the taxes weigh in the FFP equation.

You guys would laugh, but someone correctly pointed out that if they sold someone homegrown line Conor for 40m they would technically make an FFP profit… much less be in FFP danger.

If there was even going to be a chance they triggered the release it was going to wait until the end though…. Purely for the reason they would need to be positive of where the rest of their spending sat, including term structures.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Pairing him with an athletic, highly mobile midfielder is going to be crucial if we can pull this off. He’s not as pitifully slow as Jorginho or Fabregas but he’s not a super athlete.

Pickle85

Sorry, sure this has been answered already but how are they affording all this and still adhering to ffp?

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Boehly was a Chelsea season ticket holder I believe. He tried to buy Chelsea multiple times before the forced sale.

I know you guys don’t attach the Chelsea brand with prestige, but a LOT of people do, and that number is growing The “we ain’t got no history” slogan is genius. A friend went to Orlando for the match day broadcast recently, he’s a Liverpool fan, not American, and he was shocked by the sea of Chelsea supporters there.

In a sport where “traditional teams” treat “new” or “casual” fans like dirt quite often … Chelsea has an in.

The next team they are going after is the Washington Commanders, where I know his family used to be season ticket holders back in the RFK stadium days. Idk if the league will force the sale there though.
You’re definitely confusing Boehly for Nick Candy. Boehly is new to football.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
IF they get to the point where the just “ahhh feck it. Pay the release” … you may see Benfica switch their tune quickly, because they would be missing out in a not-insignificant amount of extra money.

Maybe a “We were going to meet the release; Benfica stood firm” statement to smooth things over… then the higher fee structured contract going through.

The Chelsea side knowing they CAN do the release if they need to is pivotal. Whether they are willing to is a different story, but at the start of the month there was some doubt as to whether they could fit it in, which took all leverage away from what was a progressed negotiation.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Deep down we all want Utd to do what Chelsea are doing. Anyone saying otherwise is just lying.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
You’re definitely confusing Boehly for Nick Candy. Boehly is new to football.
No I’m not.Boehlys last offer for Chelsea, that was rejected, was in 2019.

He spends quite a bit of time in London, and has since he went to grad school there.

Mainoldo

Deep down we all want Utd to do what Chelsea are doing. Anyone saying otherwise is just lying.
We’ve done it. We really don’t. Want we want is to see other people copy our blueprint which is what Chelsea are doing on a bigger scale but half the quality.

ayushreddevil9

Everyone is on it now.
Just pay the release clause and send a big feck you to Rui Costa. Clubs like Benfica acting hard on a 120m fee. What if Enzo turns out crap next season? Good luck getting 30% of that fee.

Telsim

I so wanted him here... :( feck Chelsea, man. They just take everything. We can't even afford a fecking loan...

StiffTackle

Nah not for me. They’ve bought players that are already proving to be less than useful (koulibaly, sterling), unproven (mudryk, datro fofana), injury prone (fofana, madueke), too young to contribute (slonina, santos) or as backup to existing starters (Gusto, Cucurella) and theyve done it with some massive fees on 7/8 year contracts.

As the ffp rules get tighter based on revenues (which are already not great for chelsea), their ability to spend will drop and if these signings dont work out they will be stuck with them or taking losses, further reducing their spending power.

Would definitely be jealous about Enzo though.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Sorry, sure this has been answered already but how are they affording all this and still adhering to ffp?
There are lots of ways. The fact that you can amortize the FFP hit of a players fee and wages over the life of their contract is the one that gets the most views lately.

That means Mudryk, with his fantastic looking price tags, might have an actual FFP number lower than Phil Jones does for you.

There were extra allowances given to FFP adherence available to all teams over this final 3 year cycle due to Covid.

We make a LOT more from player sales and loan fees than most PL teams, and that is actually more helpful than straight revenue. For perspective, the 10 yr number for Chelsea was 658m? The next closest was about half that, and United came in at 108.

There were special hardship allowances Chelsea qualified for due to the sanction periods (we haven’t even used those yet really).

And we came out of the sale completely debt free.

There are a lot of other factors, including the fact that a lot of the players listed as “Chelsea bought 17 new players!” Or on the overall spend figure are youth players that don’t count.

Also, the numbers being thrown about, as is often the case with United’s purchases, are the “If all incentives are met” … and not necessarily the real picture.

Hope that helps.

onemanarmy

Just pay the release clause and send a big feck you to Rui Costa. Clubs like Benfica acting hard on a 120m fee. What if Enzo turns out crap next season? Good luck getting 30% of that fee.
What an entitled post. Benfica should just roll over for an English club? They are 100% right to keep pushing Chelsea as much as possible.

Edwards6

No can't see it working out well, they're gonna have about 30 players that all expect to be playing so good luck to the manager keeping them all happy

BlueHaze

Not all their signings have been impressive or in anyway helpful for them. Players like Sterling & Koulibaly was brought in to help them now and instead they are floating around mid table. Only two real good signings they have made assuming they get Enzo is him and Mudryk. Yet to be seen how either of these will do long term in the PL but on paper those are two good signings.

Badiashille could be one..

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
There are lots of ways. The fact that you can amortize the FFP hit of a players fee and wages over the life of their contract is the one that gets the most views lately.

That means Mudryk, with his fantastic looking price tags, might have an actual FFP number lower than Phil Jones does for you.

There were extra allowances given to FFP adherence available to all teams over this final 3 year cycle due to Covid.

We make a LOT more from player sales and loan fees than most PL teams, and that is actually more helpful than straight revenue. For perspective, the 10 yr number for Chelsea was 658m? The next closest was about half that, and United came in at 108.

There were special hardship allowances Chelsea qualified for due to the sanction periods (we haven’t even used those yet really).

And we came out of the sale completely debt free.

There are a lot of other factors, including the fact that a lot of the players listed as “Chelsea bought 17 new players!” Or on the overall spend figure are youth players that don’t count.

Also, the numbers being thrown about, as is often the case with United’s purchases, are the “If all incentives are met” … and not necessarily the real picture.

Hope that helps.
This is absolute rubbish :lol:

Chelsea will not be signing many players in the summer window, mainly due to not having any money to do so.

The takeover allowed them almost a grace period whereby they could sign players as they will, not based on the financial demands placed on the previous owner.
That 'grace' period is gone by the summer, which is why we are seeing more activity this window from Chelsea than expected.

RuudTom83

Chelsea need a few more players before the window shuts tbf.

Another 100 million should do it! C’mon Boehly you cheap bastard.

Laughable stuff really.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
As the ffp rules get tighter based on revenues (which are already not great for chelsea), their ability to spend will drop and if these signings dont work out they will be stuck with them or taking losses, further reducing their spending power.

Would definitely be jealous about Enzo though.
Discounting the obvious advantage of buying quality players BEFORE you desperately need them being a sound strategy…

How is Chelsea super revenue challenged? Statista (which is In line with most other years and sites I’ve found) has United’s revenue at 663 for 2022 and ours at 586. It’s not exactly a monstrous gap.

And that’s if things stay the same. Let’s say Chelsea signs profit sharing deals with Cable stations and streaming platforms that carry multiple sports, teams and other entertainment?

Clearlake specializes in creating alternate and new revenue streams as needed for brand increase. They can actually do what the City people only pretend to do.

Heck, I could create a cool looking mega neon Chelsea blue lion in Roblox adopt me as a “buy only” pet and probably top most shirts sponsor incomes in two months.

Clearlake isn’t the first to say the PL, for all its popularity, is on the dark ages in terms of monetization.

But here’s a key: many of the ways you would increase. That monetization would involve having to create deals with outside entities. But Clearlake doesn’t have to do that, because through other PE firms like Eldridge (Boehly) they own the platforms they would need to make the deals with.

Clearlake is the “Sport investing” group … not the totality of what all the people in Clearlake control. I think this gets confused.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
A Man City fan demanding a financial investigation!! :lol:

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
This is absolute rubbish :lol:

Chelsea will not be signing many players in the summer window, mainly due to not having any money to do so.

The takeover allowed them almost a grace period whereby they could sign players as they will, not based on the financial demands placed on the previous owner.
That 'grace' period is gone by the summer, which is why we are seeing more activity this window from Chelsea than expected.
They did not get a grace period of that nature, I assure you. If they did you would have seen MUCH more spending. A complete “grace period” would have allowed them to front load billions. They are not limited by anything other than FFP and would have hit football like a money hammer the way they did baseball.

We haven’t even gone into the Grace leeway percentage we qualified for due to the sanction period being listed as a hardship, and the terms of the sale.

As stated previously, one homegrown sale and we would actually be in profit this window…

FFP completely resets this Summer in terms of “rolling averages” And it doesn’t go immediately to 70% of revenue as widely reported, it goes to 90, then steps down to 70 over a period of three years I believe.

UEFA can challenge on the length of amortization if they want to. But as Simon Jordan pointed out they would probably lose if challenged back. They have no foothold to limit contracts, and thus are not trying to. They are trying to tell teams how much time an asset must depreciate over… which they don’t really have the right to do either.

But, all of that aside… you don’t know anything about Clearlake, or their mission as it relates to their sporting IPs.

To succeed in the same mission in Los Angeles meant losing an average of 500m a year in payroll, and paying more than most teams yearly transfers just in luxury taxes.

Eghbali came out and told you what they would keep spending to achieve.

But if you feel like they’ll just give up, run out of money, or not find creative ways to show revenue … feel free to believe that.

bosskeano

fuk off...can't handle this guy going to chelsea when he would be perfect next to Casemiro

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Not all their signings have been impressive or in anyway helpful for them. Players like Sterling & Koulibaly was brought in to help them now and instead they are floating around mid table. Only two real good signings they have made assuming they get Enzo is him and Mudryk. Yet to be seen how either of these will do long term in the PL but on paper those are two good signings.

Santos could end up being better than all of them when it’s said and done. I’ve been watching every minute of that tourney I can get satellite on….he looks REALLY good.

Nkunku is an excellent player.

Casadei was considered by some Inter’s top academy prospect. He looks great so far.

If Gusto only played when Reece wasn’t available … that would still be like 22 starts or more a year, ya? We will need someone super talented when Real swoop in just as Reece’s knees are going.

There are hardship allowances on FFP for players that miss extended time for injury, so players like Fofana (super talented) only take up full FFP Space if playing. Otherwise they just cost money.

Same with Noni: if he stays healthy, big talent.

I DO agree with the Sterling and Koulibaliy purchases. I think they got bad advice there. Cucurella will actually be pretty good I think without having to play next to/make up for Jorgihno and KK playing next to him. Just having Badiashile has made a huge difference. He was Brightons player of the year for a reason.

Enzo for sure would be the icing to tie a lot of this together though.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He isn't staying for next season. They will sell in the summer and still get the same money.

AFC NimbleThumb

I just don’t want the club hamstrung as it has been this window.

I don’t care what we spend in a Summer, this club turns over too much to have literally nothing left in a January window. EtH has put the team in a great position, we didn’t need a Chelsea-sequel window to capitalise but some funds could have turned this into a really exciting run in.

Chelsea are creating a massive issue for themselves, all these players on lengthy contracts so no, I certainly wouldn’t want that.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Kouli yes was an awful move but I think Sterling will improve in line with team (hopefully) doing so.

I remember Pedro walked into a pretty bad situation and was dismissed as a flop but as soon as things improved he was heavily and positively contributing, I think Sterling will fall into a similar category.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Good.. keep burning those money, once Potter gets the sack in the future they will be left out with so many expensive players the new manager does not need.

ayushreddevil9

I just don’t want the club hamstrung as it has been this window.

I don’t care what we spend in a Summer, this club turns over too much to have literally nothing left in a January window. EtH has put the team in a great position, we didn’t need a Chelsea-sequel window to capitalise but some funds could have turned this into a really exciting run in.

Chelsea are creating a massive issue for themselves, all these players on lengthy contracts so no, I certainly wouldn’t want that.
Agreed. Its painful to see that when we finally got a decent manager we no longer have money to back him up whereas we kept throwing shit load of money on players like Maguire.

ayushreddevil9

What an entitled post. Benfica should just roll over for an English club? They are 100% right to keep pushing Chelsea as much as possible.
They are getting a bizzare fee which is far more than the player's worth. They can exercise all their rights but would look foolish enough if Enzo gets a very bad injury or stops performing at his current level and then the offers like these never arrive.

ayushreddevil9

Enzo(if they get it done), Mudryk, Nkunku already are hottest prospects in football. Fofana is also one of the best young players out there and can flourish if he puts behind his injury woes.

We would be creaming our pants if our club did this sort of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.