Eric Abidal

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Reportedly has a tumour in his liver. Due to be removed on Friday. According to SidLowe on Twitter.

MarkC

Just read that. Thoughts are with him if true hope the surgery goes according to plan.

mswiss

They just said this on FSC, my best wishes to him.

LARulz

Sad news, is a good player. Hopefully he pulls through.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
awful news, here's hoping that you pull through mate

a terrific, and very humble, footballer

mufcwarm92

Brilliant defender. Hope he pulls through what must be a difficult time for him and his family.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
All the best Eric, hopefully its been discovered early and he makes a speedy and full recovery.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Guillem ballague tweeting it's benign and a common procedure and he should be back in 5 or 6 weeks.
For once I hope he's guessed right - because the Spanish press are saying they won't know for sure until they do the surgery.

His surgery's been brought forward to tomorrow (Thursday)

This and Robson on the same day - nasty day.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
For once I hope he's guessed right - because the Spanish press are saying they won't know for sure until they do the surgery.

His surgery's been brought forward to tomorrow (Thursday)

This and Robson on the same day - nasty day.
No, they won't be a 100% sure until they do surgery but there are a number of tests they can do beforehand which will give them a pretty reasonable idea of what they're dealing with.

If he says it's benign that's good news, because it means that the results of the tests they've conducted so far have indicated that.

(Presuming his info is from a reliable source here).

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
sidlowe

UEFA have refused to let Lyon and/or RM wear t-shirts in support of Eric Abidal tonight. <insert your own 'heartless bastards' here>
Just to close this bit of the story.

Banned from coming out before the game in T-Shirts with a "get well soon" message, the players put them on at the end of the match.

Madrid stuck a message to him on the scoreboards around the ground before the game

and the crowd gave him a standing ovation.

MacMUFC

Have to admit, I was geniunely surprised by that. That was top class by those cnuts, particularly because you'd never see us wishing Steven Gerrard to get well soon, or you'd never see Liverpool wishing the same on Rooney. Different cultures I guess...

RedLars

Have to admit, I was geniunely surprised by that. That was top class by those cnuts, particularly because you'd never see us wishing Steven Gerrard to get well soon, or you'd never see Liverpool wishing the same on Rooney. Different cultures I guess...
And theirs is the way it should be.

All the best to Abidal, hope he gets well as soon as possible!