Eric Bailly | loan agreed with OM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
they should quality for the CL next season - have got in Alexis too and they have a team which easily finishes 2nd or 3rd - unless they suffer a mid-season breakdown like almost every season.
Finishing 2nd or 3rd isn't guaranteed there should be at least 4 teams for those three spots. Also only one of them qualifies for the CL, the other qualifies for the qualifiers.

crossy1686

career ending
But for his injuries I think he'd have been a quality player for us. Yes he's a bit crazy but I'd have him in my starting line up (when fit) over Maguire every day of the week.
People say this like they haven't seen him doing step overs on the edge of his own box and losing the ball, stepping on the ball at the half way line and getting dispossessed as the last defender, making 5 yard passes to the opposition striker and putting him through on goal and doing overhead kicks in his own box as a clearance.

The guy is a fecking liability.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Odds on OM finding out within 2 weeks some niche dietary issue that we hadn’t picked up on and he’ll play his first 35+ game season ever? That, or he’s playing 8 games altogether.

flappyjay

Rather sell but by loaning him and Telles out that's 8 million saved. Hopefully they both do well enough that we get 20m for both

pawanraj

I can't comprehend how this guy still has a fan club, it truly does confuse me :confused:
What has he done in his six years at the club to suggest he's one of our best CBs? If he played five games on the bounce more than once in those six years I'd be surprised
Has gone beyond 20 league appearances only in his first season with us. One of those whose reputation improves by not playing.

Revaulx

I thought he was overrated from the start. He showed a good deal of promise in his first season, still very raw but also potentially a rather elegant player; I think a lot of people got seduced by the high cheekbones and enjoyed his gung-ho style.

He never looked remotely capable in the air though, and didn’t particularly come across as a team player. That didn’t stop loads of people on here soon hailing him as “our best defender”.

His red card in the home leg of the Europa semi ensured that Smalling and Blind played together in the final, fortunately.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Odds on OM finding out within 2 weeks some niche dietary issue that we hadn’t picked up on and he’ll play his first 35+ game season ever? That, or he’s playing 8 games altogether.
I will place my bets on the former given the clowns within our club.

Lentwood

I can't comprehend how this guy still has a fan club, it truly does confuse me :confused:
What has he done in his six years at the club to suggest he's one of our best CBs? If he played five games on the bounce more than once in those six years I'd be surprised
Some of our players have avoided the worst of the venom and the reputational damage precisely because they haven't played much. He also has that 'gung-ho' style where he'll make a last-ditch block or perform a Zidane-turn at CB and the fans love this...so then they excuse all the very obvious mistakes he makes that Maguire/Lindelof would be hammered for.

DvdB is another prime example. Has barely played, has done nothing when he has played, has been ignored by four managers now and did nothing at Everton....and yet, all over social media, you see he's still largely well-liked and there are fan accounts screaming for him to get game-time

Dalot was another example until recently but goes to further prove my point...we build them up, ask why they can't break into such a poor side....and then we see them play and it all becomes very apparent :D

Gordon Godot

Some of our players have avoided the worst of the venom and the reputational damage precisely because they haven't played much. He also has that 'gung-ho' style where he'll make a last-ditch block or perform a Zidane-turn at CB and the fans love this...so then they excuse all the very obvious mistakes he makes that Maguire/Lindelof would be hammered for.

DvdB is another prime example. Has barely played, has done nothing when he has played, has been ignored by four managers now and did nothing at Everton....and yet, all over social media, you see he's still largely well-liked and there are fan accounts screaming for him to get game-time

Dalot was another example until recently but goes to further prove my point...we build them up, ask why they can't break into such a poor side....and then we see them play and it all becomes very apparent :D
Bailly was an absolute disaster, on the odd occasion he was fit. Charging around diving into tackles to mask his own lack of positional awareness was championed by some as great defending, but merely showed their own lack of understanding. Another one of the many truly awful signings under Jose, as bad as those of Ole. Just a joke of a player

El Jefe

Mata was a god to some here and he was a passenger for half of his time here. Our fanbase gets too attached to players and managers especially.

In Bailly's defence he was capable of world class performances so you could be sucked into thinking those would happen regularly if he was fit. They won't and most importantly he's never fit.

Hackman2210

Phil jones, Brandon Williams, AWB, Ronaldo all to go as well? - it’s been a huge player turnover at Utd.

georgipep

I agree...surely, surely if Marseille consider him good enough to take on loan for a season they would pay £5m-£10m for him? Just get these players gone!
It is the wages. This season's wages will likely be split between us and OM. Then next year (if he played well), they will negotiate his new deal with him. Bailly will be more willing for such a move too because he won't give up his sweet deal here.

reelworld

It is the wages. This season's wages will likely be split between us and OM. Then next year (if he played well), they will negotiate his new deal with him. Bailly will be more willing for such a move too because he won't give up his sweet deal here.
Reports are OM are paying his full salary

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Well I am not surprised. He isn’t even remotely good at all. But I fear with our luck we’ll see him back anyway.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
that fee is a joke. He's comfortably worth triple that.

Guarantee they'll sell him for a profit in 1-2 years

Alfie092

6-7 million Euros buy fee? If that's true then that's a joke. I know the fact that many of our players are on incredible high wages so that brings down the value a bit or else no club would be willing to take them on, unless the player is willing to sacrifice a chunk of their wages. But come on, Bailly is at least a 15-20 million Euro player...

theatreofdreams777

Buy for the highest amount possible and sell on ridiculously low prices. That's so Manchester United.

Regardless of the price; you just know we'll regret selling him too. He'll probably go & show his quality like Smalling did and will suddenly be able to play most of the games despite being labeled a crock here.

It's stupid to sell him instead of Maguire in terms of both squad management and finances. He suits our playing style much more than Maguire does and would be a better option than him either on the pitch or on the bench as keeping him as a squad/bench player won't create too much fuss either like it would with Maguire.

Getting 40-45m for a one year older player who doesn't suit the playing style instead of loaning a 28 yo & getting 6-7m euros a year later depending on a clause is a big bonus too. But it's probably too much sense for us. We prefer to say "Maguire is not for sale".

90 + 5min

How I wish he could have better concentration during games and less injuries. He had everything except those things. He would have be amazing together with a leader (Ferdinand?) near him if he just managed to get rid of concentration lapses that occurred every game for about 5-10 minutes.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wild how low that fee is. Too bad he couldn't stay fit. Would be a much better backup for Varane than Maguire IMO.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is he though? Possibly double if you argue it well, but triple? Nah. One of those that the less they play the better they become.
What other CB's can you get for 20m that's better than Bailly? nobody.

While his injury record isn't brilliant his top level is way above that of a £6m defender.

I guess he didn't have many offers due to his high wage and the club are letting him walk for a fair fee. It's a shame.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

Why isn't there a scramble to buy him then? Hardly a secret that he was available yet no one interested. He's an injury prone liability on big wages. He'll probably end up back anyway.

Djemba-Djemba

What other CB's can you get for 20m that's better than Bailly? nobody.

While his injury record isn't brilliant his top level is way above that of a £6m defender.

I guess he didn't have many offers due to his high wage and the club are letting him walk for a fair fee. It's a shame.
That's a huge understatement.

His fitness record is appalling, I'd be amazed if he's ever played more than 5 games in a row here without getting injured.

pascell

How's it a joke? He's barely played because of injury, for a United team that has been a huge disappointment and failure for the last god knows how long. His wages will likely blow apart Marsielle wage structure too.

People need to start valuing our players more realistically. City and Liverpool get solid sums for their players because they're challenging for major trophies, we're just about challenging for top 4.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
How are people complaining about the fee? In the last five seasons, he hasn't played more than 13 league games per season. Only played over 20 total games two seasons of the six he's been here.

At this point we're lucky there even is a fee.

HoustonRed

The fee mostly depends on who is buying. If no bigger club wants him, price is set by who wants him.

OrcaFat

People say this like they haven't seen him doing step overs on the edge of his own box and losing the ball, stepping on the ball at the half way line and getting dispossessed as the last defender, making 5 yard passes to the opposition striker and putting him through on goal and doing overhead kicks in his own box as a clearance.

The guy is a fecking liability.
Unfortunately for him, yes. I would say he’s bordering on shit. But top bloke by all accounts.

Alemar

So it’s not bad at all: it’s not just 6m buy option/obligation, but also a 2m loan fee - so a total of 8m pounds.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

So it’s not bad at all: it’s not just 6m buy option/obligation, but also a 2m loan fee - so a total of 8m pounds.
Can’t really expect loads for him given everything at least it seems very likely he now has a permanent move elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.