Eric Bailly | loan agreed with OM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

Good luck to him, can see him doing well. and feck sevilla the lowballing bastards

bosskeano

frustrating that it's only a loan with an option to buy....we know he's not in the plans at CB for ETH so getting the money now would be much more helpful with targets we actually need

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Absolute joke we keep Maguire, give him captain and loan this guy... he has been better injury wise of late and is a far superior player for me

Stadjer

Another loan. We really do have issues getting rid of our players permanently
Would you leave when you are receiving Manchester United wages and the attention you get from being a Manchester United player? You cant get that at many other clubs. During a loan they receive the wages, technically are still Manchester United players and also get to play football.

Strats

Absolute joke we keep Maguire, give him captain and loan this guy... he has been better injury wise of late and is a far superior player for me
Aye, he is far superior but injuries aside he is just so incredibly inconsistent.

I'll miss the mad fecker :(

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Wish him the best, he was a very big talent when we signed him. When trusted, with confidence, and if he can keep fit, still has a big future ahead of him.

I hope there is a good fee in the option to buy.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He was great fun to watch, if your idea of fun is a panic attack, doing Cruyff turns and stepovers in his own half, the mad bastard. Worst header of the ball I've ever seen in a centre back. I'll miss him, in a weird way.

StonedhamsterZA

How likely is it that they qualify for the CL?
I had the same question. I think they’re up there at the end of the season normally. Seems they’re normally runners up or thereabouts, so it depends on the number of slots that Ligue 1 get for CL football I guess.

So we have a chance that if he plays well they’ll trigger the buy option by choice, and if they qualify, then we are rid of him regardless.

I’m zen with this.

Castia

I'm a little gutted that he's going. He was never a first teamer after Jose but when he played he put in some brilliant performances.

If he can stay fit he will probably look class in the French league.

Hulme91

I can't comprehend how this guy still has a fan club, it truly does confuse me :confused:
What has he done in his six years at the club to suggest he's one of our best CBs? If he played five games on the bounce more than once in those six years I'd be surprised

IrishRedDevil

I can't comprehend how this guy still has a fan club, it truly does confuse me :confused:
What has he done in his six years at the club to suggest he's one of our best CBs? If he played five games on the bounce more than once in those six years I'd be surprised
Jones has a bigger fan club after doing even less in 10 years. It happens.

Judas

Open to offers
Jones has a bigger fan club after doing even less in 10 years. It happens.
That's nonsense though, isn't it. Bailly still has people wheeling out the daft stuff about "if he can stay fit!!", which at this point is just the most obscene wild fan fiction. Even when he's fit, his performances are erratic. He's totally unreliable, and pretty much always has been.

IrishRedDevil

That's nonsense though, isn't it. Bailly still has people wheeling out the daft stuff about "if he can stay fit!!", which at this point is just the most obscene wild fan fiction. Even when he's fit, his performances are erratic. He's totally unreliable, and pretty much always has been.
No it’s not nonsense. Jones has the exact same - if he can stay fit blah blah. 10 fecking years. Even seen people on here suggesting Jones should start versus Liverpool, because he had heart and will give his all. Bonkers.

Red Royal

Shame it never worked out for him, still remember his game vs Leicester in the Community Shield snuffing out a prime Vardy... thought we had a real gem on our hands.

Maybe should have been tried at CDM :lol::nono:

Judas

Open to offers
No it’s not nonsense. Jones has the exact same - if he can stay fit blah blah. 10 fecking years. Even seen people on here suggesting Jones should start versus Liverpool, because he had heart and will give his all. Bonkers.
Is there a Jones appreciation thread I've missed or something? I've not seen any of this sort of chat anywhere.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Good riddance. One of the most overrated players in our recent history. Should've gone years ago.

largelyworried

Shame he didn't develop, since he looked great in his first few months. The attributes were all there. But we ended up with a boom-bust cycle

1. Misses umpteen games injured
2. Fans start to talk him up since our other CBs are so bad and slow
3. Comes back and looks fast & dominant for one game
4. Gets a start in a big game
5. Is absolutely shocking, gets hooked
6. Sits on the bench for a while
7. Gets injured again in training
8. Go to 1.

He should really go while he still has a few years of a career left.

mikeyt

But for his injuries I think he'd have been a quality player for us. Yes he's a bit crazy but I'd have him in my starting line up (when fit) over Maguire every day of the week.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
It's crazy to think he's been here for 6 years! In the last 3 years he's only played 20 league games!

TheReligion

Abusive
If he stays fit he’ll be gone

Obviously the huge question marks over him being able to do that is why they’ve added the clause

nainaisson

If I were making a kung fu movie, he'd be the first person I'd cast. Too bad amazing agility alone doesn't make one a good defender. I'll always remember how 5'7" Ben Yedder made him look like a complete chump when Sevilla eliminated us from the Champions League.

Status
Not open for further replies.