Eric Cantona - In concert.

black country red

Quite simply you could sit and watch king Eric peel potatoes all night and it would certainly be more entertaining than watching our current team

LInkash

I was tempted to go to the one he did a couple of months ago but didn't in the end.

Did anyone go?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Thought about going the first time around but tickets sold out fast, going to try and get tickets this time

DarnleyDevil7

My mate sent me his tour dates a couple of days ago and I'm super excited! :)

What's even better is he offered to get the tickets through the 02 priority pre sale for me, so fingers crossed I manage to bag a couple.

Not expecting much from the gig to be honest, but I can't miss the King coming to my town.

DarnleyDevil7

Got a pair of tickets :D

Ticket pricing was £44 or £55. Pretty steep but probably won't get the chance again.

And as a bonus, the missus is paying for them as its a day before me birthday!

TrailMonkey

No gigs in France. Are they still hung up over him like they were in the 90s?

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
I love Eric, but i just dont know if i would want to go and watch him sing in French.
I love him too, and having checked out a couple of his songs on youtube the answer is a definite no.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I love Eric, but i just dont know if i would want to go and watch him sing in French.
I thought about it just out of curiosity but £50 too punchy - sold out pretty fast though

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
A lot of blasphemy in this thread

DarnleyDevil7

Wow! What a night. He was his usual crazy self, very serious and deep. Sang English, French and Spanish songs. Not my usual go to but I actually enjoyed it. Good crowd and a great atmosphere.

And to top it all off, I met the great man afterwards for an autograph and a photo. Never forget it

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Wow! What a night. He was his usual crazy self, very serious and deep. Sang English, French and Spanish songs. Not my usual go to but I actually enjoyed it. Good crowd and a great atmosphere.

And to top it all off, I met the great man afterwards for an autograph and a photo. Never forget it
Lucky man

thisisnottaken1

What genre would you say his music is?

DarnleyDevil7

What genre would you say his music is?
Really difficult to say

The piano and cello in the background are so dramatic. It's like something out of a Alfred Hitchcock or Stanley Kubrick horror movie

His tone is almost like speaking poetry and when he does sing, it's often soft and in French so it's difficult to understand

Interacts with the crowd very well, usually explaining the origin of each song before singing, which promotes audience participation.

He's unique. I would call it Dramatic French Groove Jazz

Reactions: Rood

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I saw his performance on Michael McIntyre. I found it absolutely bizarre :lol:

Would pay to watch him all the same.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Really difficult to say

The piano and cello in the background are so dramatic. It's like something out of a Alfred Hitchcock or Stanley Kubrick horror movie

His tone is almost like speaking poetry and when he does sing, it's often soft and in French so it's difficult to understand

Interacts with the crowd very well, usually explaining the origin of each song before singing, which promotes audience participation.

He's unique. I would call it Dramatic French Groove Jazz
Sounds like he's ripping off Serge Gainsbourg :lol:

thisisnottaken1

This thread actually made me look up Cantona on Wikipedia, and it said that before we signed him in November 1992, we were 8th, but after we signed him, we only lost 2 games as we of course went on to win the league.