Eric Cantona inducted into the Premier League Hall of Fame | Roy Keane too

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I can genuinely see both sides to this argument in fairness.

It’s tricky. I mean how can you possibly exclude a player who has won more than any other player in the competition? Especially when he hasn’t been found guilty of anything.
I'm sure he'll get in eventually, but they announced this list of nominees 3 days after he was charged, so it's understandable and the best thing to do tbf.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Thoroughly deserved. Surprised he only got one Player of the Month award though. Bruno has 4 or 5 already and he’s nowhere near Eric’s level and hasn’t even won anything. Cantona was the key to 4 Premier League titles.
There were no POTM awards in the first PL season.

Funniest one is that KDB has never won it.

Foxbatt

At one time he was the best player in the world. Everything he did came off. Who can forget his goal line clearance. I don't think there is anything he can't do on the pitch.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I was thinking the same thing. Why has this suddenly just started now?
Another step towards the yankification of football.

We'll have "VAR sponsored by Pepsi" at the World Cup with a minimum of three VAR checks per half required to make it worthwhile for Pepsi.

Foxbatt

To think, he went on trial at Sheffield Wednesday and they didn't sign him.
The first time I saw him play live was for Marseille vs Monaco, in Monaco. Even then he had a way about him. Chris Waddle was playing for Monaco.