Eric ten Hag Sackwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodgerzzz

I'm struggling to see how this goes any other way than ETH getting the chop. The midfield disaster and stubbornness to not change it to mask the deficencies of the central defenders should be enough in itself to show that this isn't going to work.

Amity Survivor

The majority of fans wanted him let’s not forget, hindsight is a wonderful thing, I’d prefer to wait until (hopefully) a new hierarchy is established before making a change, so the new guy has a new out look with new personnel rather the trying to put this monumental mess right , give them a fresh go at it at least

davidmichael

I’m now at the point where I see it as ETH has no one but himself to blame as his stubbornness with tactics and selection on top of him basically being de facto director of football and picking all incomings outside of Casemiro as well as being head coach is ultimately his demise.

I hate to say it but I’d honestly take us losing all season and getting relegated so we can completely reset this toxicity that surrounds us, the whole time money is rolling in regardless of what happens on the pitch the longer this goes on for but ETH is basically a dead man walking.

Baxquux

Not happening unfortunately but at least they are good at their job. It may be money leeching cnuts but they are still very good at it. This manager though is not very good at his job and like manager at every other club that produce these results they have to go.
They employ other people, based upon advice from credentialed people who 'their' money buys, and they still wildly underperform, even in the most cold-eyed terms. The industry basically prints money in terms of sponsorships and all they had to do was allow people to be more shameless than previously on their behalf and then count on a Super League without appreciating the various obstacles -one of which is if you let your club atrophy, maybe clubs won't even want you in the 'top tier' of whatever semi-autonomous money-spinner they pout together. However they dress it up, in practice their strategy wasn't more than that, a grand plan at the level of a GCSE business studies student, that had no understanding of the minutiae of the industry within which they were working, of how sporting success happens: it's the most short-sighted thing on earth and they're lucky that no-one's taken a genuine shot at them.... in terms of takeovers or otherwise.

Their brand strategy (bearing in mind brand, whatever hat overpromoted accountant Woodward argued, does at least partly depend on on the pitch progress) is awful. Joel Glazer is known to be a horrifically slow decision-maker. combining a lack of expertise with selective micromanagement and interference in footballing issues (or instance Martial) that has stopped us moving on players, has seen underserving contract extensions 'for the books' etc. The stadium is a mess. The club are a laughing stock in almost every sector they're involved in, bearing in mind the potential of what they took over and how other owners have cultivated their assets, and managed the marketing and footballing side in more harmonious ways.

Basically, nothing they've done is strategic outside of the most lizard-brained rapacious level of brand exploitation

Last edited:

the_cliff

Genuinely, who do you get to replace him?

I want him to stay, but even if I didn’t I can’t think of a gettable manager out there who is worth getting.

I’d take a chaos of a season in return for some psycho fan then booting Avram Glazers dog into orbit, forcing the prick to finally pack his dog pram and leave
The problem is this: I don't think the blame lies slowly on ETH but he's clearly lost the players and when you lose the players you won't get anywhere. We can still salvage this season with the players we have if we can get a manager that they'll play for, otherwise we're just delaying the inevitable....

Our players have history with this, downing tools and getting managers sacked, although it's frustrating you have to look at what's best for Manchester United and that is to get a manager in right now that can somehow get us respectable again. Otherwise this time in Feb he's gone anyway and we'll be out of all comps and languishing somewhere in mid table.

Nogbadthebad

We'd be looking at an interim

I'd rather wait till Sir Jim takes over but this run of form is terrible
If jim gets his way, he'll want potter, he loves that man.

Which wil be worse than what we have. He wilted under the chelsea spotlight, he would melt under ours.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
How did he make it through the interview process? An absolute conman.
Managers not the problem, the owners are.

Just like Jose wasn't a shit manager either. We have idiots running the club, running the entire infrastructure into the ground.

We are a decade behind other clubs. And those 1% differences add up across the board.

The Glazers won't spend a single penny on the club, we can continue to blame players and the manager but the clubs a shell of itself.

The entire club is rotten while they stay. We can continue to change managers, buy players. Other clubs like Newcastle, City, Liverpool, Villa with good owners will continue to invest and we will continue to fall behind.

Under the Glazers ownership we've gone from 1st, to 2nd, now to 4th to 6th because of what other owners have done for their respective teams.

None of this is on ETH, on Ole, on Jose or LVG.

MadMike

Probably going to happen, but I think the Glazers really need to move on, full sale or nothing will change.
I hate the Glazers too, don’t get me wrong, but so long as they stay as shareholders and don’t interfere with the football side what is the problem? If Jimmy Brexit takes over the running and appoints his own CEO/ and DoF etc. does it really matter if the Glazers are still majority shareholders and why?

Eddy_JukeZ

Exactly.

How can you want to keep going through the same cycle over and over again??
You keep going until you hire the right manager.

This isn't rocket science.

Like what are some of you even on about? You guys would give managers 5-10 years for fun and ruin the club even more.

What have our managers post-SAF amounted to since they got sacked? Nothing. People keep acting like we're hiring the best in class constantly and failing constantly.

The Glazers are awful, but another denominator is that we keep hiring managers who aren't good enough.

GazTheLegend

Who do you even get to replace him though? I don't see the point of an interim and to be frank I don't think this shitshow ends with Ten Hag. We are still stuck with this shower of moping forwards and mental toddlers.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If jim gets his way, he'll want potter, he loves that man.

Which wil be worse than what we have. He wilted under the chelsea spotlight, he would melt under ours.
They also terrible under Poch after 20 trillion spent. Potter is too nice for me, we need a bastard in there.

Smithy89

Just like Jose wasn't a shit manager either. We have idiots running the club, running the entire infrastructure into the ground.

We are a decade behind other clubs. And those 1% differences add up across the board.

The Glazers won't spend a single penny on the club, we can continue to blame players and the manager but the clubs a shell of itself.

He's definitely an issue, the coach ain't coaching.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Why would anyone stand behind him, we are played out of park by inferior teams becaus he's tactically inept manager who shat his pants. WHy is he thinking pragmatic way could get him results we don't create enough chances to win games and always condence with a shite defence. At least give us a chance baldie, show some football. Give chance to youth, bench star players.

Says quite a lot about him when he sold Fred for peanuts, while he was the only midfielder to play high octane football up and down the pitch required for the highest standard these days and keeps playing McTominay and Eriksen, Mason Mount or Amrabat. That's incredibly poor and athletically and tasctically terrible midfield.

What does he know about palying football without the ball? Nothing.The man thinks he will get 75% possession like in incredibly poor Eredivise because the teams will give the ball away for fun..

Just bring in someone really progressive who's not afraid to stick to his tactics. At least we see some football, and results will come.

vivaronaldo

Club is rotten to the core. We’ve ruined another manager, another one with a good CV has failed here, it’s almost as if there must be another reason every manager and player that comes to the club fails…
thus why its morte evident the glazers need to go .... the managers are getting the players they want , so what is really going on behind the scenes that is impacting results to this extent - my guess is the entire club is a shambles from the board down

crossy1686

career ending

Oh it’s the manager, don’t worry about that sunshine, you’ll see soon enough

tomaldinho1

Absolutely Not, not even with McClaren staying no.
Will be like a WWE entrance, McClaren runs out, then Rene, then Quieroz, then the lights go out and flash back on and SAF is there in the centre circle pointing at his watch.

Banana Republic

We are likely to lose at Fulham on Saturday.
Then next week, if we fail to get all 3 points in Copenhagen, we’re almost certainly out of the CL, at the group stage.
He’ll be sacked after that.

There will be no new or temporary manager bounce with this squad.

Godfather

Genuinely, who do you get to replace him?
Imagine a top club holding on to a manager simply because they can't think of anybody else. Lopetegui is free. Nagelsmann next July. Zidane, Conte etc. Just to name a few. We have people getting paid to look out for these kind of things.

Ollie Derbyshire

I‘m torn between thinking we have to give a manager longer or we’ll just go through the same cycle, and thinking we are so bad and he’s spent so much money on poor players that he has to go.

Either way could pay off so we’ll choose the wrong one !

the_cliff

They do run, but they don’t have a clue what they’re meant to be doing and the shape we set up in has been roundly criticised, it’s bonkers.
They do, the problem is they lack physicality. We lose every 50/50 and it's been a problem last season as well, It also doesn't help when you've only signed one midfielder out of a total of 5 signings in midfield that can actually win a 50/50 (Casemiro) and you have Bruno who's also a constant in midfield...

Redfrog

They will wait until we can salvage nothing from the season to sack him.
He should be sacked tomorrow. Everyone need a fresh start and ETH is begging to be sacked at this point I assume. He doesn’t look to care either.

gaffs

It actually makes sense to be fair, I think there's a lot of blame to go round but it's not all on ETH, their are a lot of players who aren't good enough or are bottling it. For once it would be nice if Jim does come in to actually have a plan in place and not just fire one manager, brig another in, spend £250m, do ok and then tail off again. Can't sweep our issues under the carpet anymore, there's no more space.
I agree, there is a laundy list of issues. But the manager has to be getting more out of this group of players, as an absolute minimum.

Apart from Palace in the CC, we have been poor in every single game this season.

We have only beaten Wolves, Forest, Burnley, Sheff Utd, Brentford, Copenhagen and Palace in the CC.

Wolves, Brentford and Copenhagen, we got very, very lucky, so could be worse.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905

Just some incredibly stupid posts like this. WHat has owners to do with managers underperforming? In a hindsight it would be easy to say we should have gone for this or that manager but going back in time any potential DOF could have end up with the same option candidates at the time. COuld have been braver, faster decision yes but wha we have been served but some managers is just nonsense.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What are people hoping to achieve by sacking him?
I'd only be ok with it on the scenario that we get some random vibes FC back as interim until Ratcliffe comes in, and then Ratcliffe/Mitchell if that's who it is can appoint someone in line with their vision for the club so we have everyone on board. The current people in charge should stay far away. But also I'm not sure ten hag has shown anything at all worth keeping, when it comes to his vision of football and system.

RedDevil@84

Players have lost faith in him. It's over. Which means he would get sacked by 2024 or so

Status
Not open for further replies.