Erik Lamela

NinjaFletch

For those of you who play/ed football, do you find rabona's hard to do?

I used to do them quite a lot and people seemed to think I was showing off, but they were often easier than trying to hit it on my left.

His one against Asteras was cracking but I'm not convinced this one was as good. Largely because of the lack of elevation.
I used to rabona things because my left foot was that much shitter than my right, but in the grand scheme of things I'd say in both instances it was barely more effective than me not actually being on the pitch.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
For those of you who play/ed football, do you find rabona's hard to do?

I used to do them quite a lot and people seemed to think I was showing off, but they were often easier than trying to hit it on my left.

His one against Asteras was cracking but I'm not convinced this one was as good. Largely because of the lack of elevation.
The way he did it was pretty slick. Clean as you like and around the defenders. I do find it odd when people buzz off a back heel or flick though. I find that just as easy as kicking the ball any other way.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I have to defend him for the rabona to be fair.

They are very easy to do, but not at that precision under that much pressure. It was a really special moment in the middle of some really drab matches in recent weeks.

I really appreciate players who try things like that. I just think he is dirty and cynical at the same time.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I do find it odd when people buzz off a back heel or flick though. I find that just as easy as kicking the ball any other way.
You mean when they score like this? If so I agree. They can't do anything else because it's already going behind them.

However a goal like this is sublime owing to the aerobatocity (a word I just made up).

thepolice123

I don't think it was. Iirc, in the Europa a few years ago he also scored an incredible rabona for Spurs from outside the penalty box. Loved the fact that he ruined it all by getting sent off of course :lol:
I think its a great piece of skill but definitely needs alot of luck for the ball to through so many legs like that.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You mean when they score like this? If so I agree. They can't do anything else because it's already going behind them.

Yeah similar, although that’s a sexy as feck one and he did very well to direct it like that

Suedesi

I have to defend him for the rabona to be fair.

They are very easy to do, but not at that precision under that much pressure. It was a really special moment in the middle of some really drab matches in recent weeks.

I really appreciate players who try things like that. I just think he is dirty and cynical at the same time.
Yeah that's fair. He's a good player, unlucky with injuries and a bit of cnut.

But that was an amazing piece of skill. The placement, the bend, the pace off the ball - exquisite.

Suedesi

I think Lamela’s in the EL was the best of all, although Calleri’s was special too. I like my rabonas with a little height on them!
I think keeping the ball down seems harder technically - rabona with a little height it's fairly easy

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Oh he knew what he was doing there, dirty bastard it was a clear red