Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager / awaiting clarity from the club over his position

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
One of the reasons we struggle to hold on to managers. ETH has made some mistakes for sure, but most managers would struggle to succeed under this spotlight given the daily fanbase scrutiny.
Our fanbase are far more patient than most top clubs. Look how long Solskjaer was supported for.

Madrid and Barca fans would already be calling for the managers head if they started a season like this.

Jerry Garcia

I think it’s fair to criticize the manager without bringing in the owners - the two aren’t mutually exclusive. Everyone knows how terribly run our club is from a footballing perspective, however, the tactics and effort levels have nothing to do with anything off the pitch.

Choosing to play without a right winger, and then playing a diamond when we don’t have the legs in midfield or the fullbacks was really strange management. He’s into his second season and still doesn’t have a clue what this league is about.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Sack, two seasons of piss poor summer prep, completely lacking fitness. This is basic stuff.

Horrendous away record

Desperate dip in results and performances after league cup.

Some of the worst results in the clubs recent history.

A squad, which despite sizeable investment, looks worse than the one he inherited.

Sack. Honestly, the only “unbelievable” supporters are the ones who want us to endure more and more time under a man who has clearly given enough evidence that he isn’t up to the job. Just like with Ole, support, waste time, and the wash their hands when he finally goes.

Have some backbone and demand some standards!

mu4c_20le

Spot on. De Zerbi would look like a bum here. The structures in place at the club are atrocious.
What about Postecoglou? Walked into an even bigger mess at Tottenham, lost their star striker without a replacement. Has them playing attacking, winning football.

Revan

Assumptionman
Keep until at least December. Let the whole team assemble.
Agree. By that stage we will be out of UCL and out of top 4 (well 5) race. It is what we did with Mourinho and Ole, so obviously we should try it again.

Rex Banner

Sacking him this early in the season would be mad. He deserves the time to turn things round after last season.

Saying that, there are serious questions that need to be asked. It's been over a year now and I'm struggling to see what our style of play is. Very reminiscent of how we were under Ole.

My main worry right now is that Ten Hag will get sacked and we'll be stuck with a bunch of players the next manager doesn't rate.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Can’t believe he left mctominey on after so little effort tracking back and things clearly not working out on the right. He refuses to give players a go even though it is clear the side would benefit from it. What does pellistri have to do to get a chance..
Antony out, Sancho out of the squat, amad injured, still doesnt get a start and then mctominey playing like shit and goals coming from the right side and still doesnt put pellistri on until the 83rd. Shit managing
Pellistri is a dinosour in ETH's books? You can't have a right-footed Right Winger, surely not?! You can only have inverted wingers.

Sacrilegious in modern football.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'd sack the majority of the players before I'd sack Ten Hag. Sacking Ten Hag will mean we get a good 3-4 months out of the current players but then be back to square one once the excitement has died down.

SirScholes

On the fence at the minute

was Pro ETH
But spending silly amounts of money on Antony and dropping big bucks on a goal keeper which was an area I didn’t consider a massive priority.
Continuing with Eriksen in midfield for 90+ minutes against a very lively Brighton
Playing our striker on the right and our winger up front

I don’t know,ETH cost us the game today

siw2007

Not at this moment. It hasn’t been a good start by any means but I think there are other reasons for our slump in form rather than the manager.

Robbie Boy

What about Postecoglou? Walked into an even bigger mess at Tottenham, lost their star striker without a replacement. Has them playing attacking, winning football.
Yeah, I think our shit show is far worse. Ten years of incompetent managers and terrible transfers.

Pirlo'sBeard

Keep him.

We had a good first season and made some progress. He deserves time to put things right. However if things don't get better fast, then it'll become a financial decision and we'll have no choice.

narnar

Needs Help
No chance he is getting sacked this early. If results haven't improved by November I'd expect he would be sacked. For who though?

Tap

Keep, although in all likelihood, he’ll probably end up like Ole, Mourinho and LVG and not last more than a few seasons. Then the managerial cycle repeats again.

Castia

Putting the results to one side for a minute…

Where is the system of play, I can take losing but we look absolutely shit even when we win. Passing and movement off the ball is laughable we generally have one of the worst brands of football in the league it’s unacceptable

Now the results..

Absolutely shocking since early in the year until now. We got top 4 and a trophy so it could be viewed as a decent season but we lost 9 games and got fortunate that Liverpool and Chelsea both had shockers I’d be amazed if we finished ahead of Liverpool this season.

Transfers…

He’s had 400m in 12 months and yet again the club has gone the tried and tested to failure route of buying players with no long term plan, the vast majority of players brought in are former ETH players it’s hilarious at how as a multi billion pound club can make so many schoolboy errors.

We’re stuck in a never ending loop of shit managers and their shit signings

CloneMC16

Our fanbase are far more patient than most top clubs. Look how long Solskjaer was supported for.

Madrid and Barca fans would already be calling for the managers head if they started a season like this.
Exactly. This club has pretty damn patient fans. We've watched shit for 10 years and consistently backed the manager. Madrid fans would be going fecking crazy if they experienced what we have for 10 years.

Esquire

Who is the main person with regards to getting the players and team in order? I'm talking mindset, attitude, passion, drive, focus. Who's job is it to get that out of everyone?
This kind of question had been used for LVG, Jose, Ole so on and so forth. ETH overachieved last season and clearly showed progress. He is trying to turn around an oil tanker and show yearly progress. If you are saying he should be sacked then I ask you who is a good replacement at his point in time.

Redfrog

We should put a competent structure in place. Every manager will fail here. And on the caf some are always thinking it’s the manager’s fault.

Yes ETH spent a lot of money but only idiots will give half a billion to a manager who have never spent money before. He is no a recrutement team. He is no scout. The club is failing at every level. With anyone it will be the same.

RedOrange

We don’t even do the basics right, that is on the manager and his staff. If we don’t have our best players, make adjustments. Instead we see the same sloppy crap week after week.
Who's not doing the basics right?

steffyr2

You have to give him more time but despite him getting to hand pick players he wants I don't see a great and exciting style of play, it's pretty uninspiring to watch most of the time.
Seems like the players are hand-picked to get along with Ten Hag, not because they're all that good. Or particularly motivated.

Stig

I know people want to say it's the ownership and structure of the club, but as the biggest net spenders in the world over the last 10 years we should at least be able to put a decent team out on the pitch. So out of the following which is it ?

The players we have are really not very good, and not good enough for a top Premier League team ?
The players aren't giving it everything, they are not motivated ?
The players don't know what the plan is, so it's just all uncoordinated ?

I'm at a loss. I think it's lack of commitment and coaching - but I'm guessing.

Jezpeza

I don’t necessarily disagree. Where is last season’s Ten Hag? You may be right, it’s individuals… but wait, we spent a feck load of money on these players, how is it they still play like shite?
because we signed the likes of Mount who had one season about 4 years ago in which he achieved figures good enough to play for us. We’ve signed a midfielder who plays in goal when we concede multiple good chances per game and need a shotstopper and despite what some fans want to believe, we are unable to pass the ball and control games. To cap it all off, they are poorly coached

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Solksjaer was supported for obvious reasons. The fact that we have not been able to keep a manager for more than 2-3 consecutive seasons and have had 3 care takers over the past decade is suggestive of a fan base expectation issue, which is also affecting executive decision making.

redshaw

I'd keep ETH but the club is too dysfunctional to help him. I don't see where this heavily comprised path leads but suspect he'll be chewed up unless he can find something in the youth players that can give energy and knit the team together. The thing we had last year has gone and went before the end of last season.

Jeffthered

Have to keep him. This season, he has to stay, because he has to show some humility, flexibility and some managerial talent, to admit where he has made errors (no need to make this public..) and address things. Because whatever he is trying to do isn't clear, and teams (like Brighton) now beat us, at Old Trafford, while resting players.

So ETH must, simply must respond. If he does not, then I will begin to question his suitability for the role. I have no idea how he wants us to play. And his style, rather authoritarian, may quickly lose the dressing room, and that scenario has one ending.

Red1986

Performances since the cup final (February) have been poor. We lose against anyone half decent away from home. This season we've been very underwhelming at home too. It's hard to pinpoint anything tactically that we are good at. Transfers have been questionable plus there is a lot of off-field nonsense going on.

Would you sack or keep?
A long life fan new here , j think ETH needs to go spent £££££ and ITS NOT WORKING other managers have gone for less , and onana what a waste spends more time on the floor and being tricked , sorry but letting dea gea leave and paying that for onana really ETH trying to create aiax and it's not going to happen

RORY65

Keep for now but it's concerning how little imprint he has on the way this team plays after more than a year in the job. He's being asked to be a manager like Ferguson, despite not having the experience of doing that nor seemingly the charisma or understanding of people to take on such a major task, rather than just being a head coach because the structure at the club is failing and other people aren't doing their jobs.

So I'd like to see him properly backed (i.e. with a club running in a coherent and forward-thinking manner and with a recruitment team identifying the right players for him rather than the nonsense idea of backing on here which is just buying the players he knows personally) but to get there he has to start showing some improvements on the pitch because he's still got enough talent in his squad for us not to be as shit as we have been in every game this season.