Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager / awaiting clarity from the club over his position

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
£400m spent and £150m of it sat on the bench for one of our biggest games. Ten Hag's recruitment in a nutshell.

Castia

Bruno on the wing, AGAIN. He just refuses to manage logically.
Yup I said in the match day thread it’s like playing with 10. The logical thing would be go for the counter but with this side we can’t even do that

ddg01

That lineup is unforgivable. He deserves the sack and I never thought I’d say that.

arnoldS

After another start of McT ahead of Mount I'm on the ETH out train. he lost the plot completely

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Seems like he’s completely out of ideas and wants to grind out results to keep his job. History tends to repeat itself with us.

izec

:lol: That line up is shocking.

Needed to set up for the counter.

A pasting today and he could be off imo, and a pasting looks very, very likely with that line up.
The quicker he goes, the better for everyone. He is a weird little man, that is out of his depth

NZT-One

Bruno on the wing, AGAIN. He just refuses to manage logically.
Do you want him to play centrally where Pep is putting all his players to have an easy time to dribble against him? If we are playing for the counter, it makes sense to keep Bruno in the team, Bruno and Eriksen is a bit much for me too but lets not act as if the whole thing would look that much better if we only had Bruno as a 10. Casemiro is out of form, Mount seems out of favor and who knows, what kind of photos McTominay has on ETH... Every setup would have been flawed, the idea of setting up for control against the best team of all is ludacris. We are behind the curve, no question about it. But a match like today isn't the right place to expect a 180 all of a sudden

croadyman

He has quite clearly been dealt a bad hand with injuries - look at our back 4 heading into the derby. Obviously doesn’t exonerate him from all criticism but I think some people in this thread need a bit of nuance.
Feel he overplayed them last season,unfortunately that's because the drop off is so huge in defence

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Do you want him to play centrally where Pep is putting all his players to have an easy time to dribble against him? If we are playing for the counter, it makes sense to keep Bruno in the team, Bruno and Eriksen is a bit much for me too but lets not act as if the whole thing would look that much better if we only had Bruno as a 10. Casemiro is out of form, Mount seems out of favor and who knows, what kind of photos McTominay has on ETH... Every setup would have been flawed, the idea of setting up for control against the best team of all is ludacris. We are behind the curve, no question about it. But a match like today isn't the right place to expect a 180 all of a sudden
Err yes. He's a central player.

Castia

He should play in his best position. He’s fecking shite on the right. And to further that he’s completely killed the counter attack now with Bruno there.

mu4c_20le

McAmrabat, Lindelof over Reguilon for tactical reasons, looks like he's setting up to counter. The fact that he recognizes City's threat is a good thing, right? ....right?

Roboc7

He’s now fallen into that trap like all our managers have post SAF where we’re not building towards anything or implementing a plan/system/tactics etc that will develop towards success. It’s throw shit at the wall until we lose, then throw some different shit.

RedRocket9908

If we lose heavilly today he should probably just resign, putting your best CB and your only fit LB on the bench for a big game like this is ridiculous.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I was all wrong about him, he's not taking us into the promised land.

GMoore23

Starting to think all the injuries has something to do with his training methods.

Our injury record was abysmal under LVG also so maybe it's a Dutch thing.

NZT-One

Err yes. He's a central player.
He should play in his best position. He’s fecking shite on the right. And to further that he’s completely killed the counter attack now with Bruno there.
Well yeah and most of the time when we play him in in the 10 position against better teams, we get outnumbered in the middle of the park because he tends to get sucked in more in attacks than in mundane midfield play. Its as if you haven't seen us play for a while?! Bruno didn't have more than 5 good to really good matches since quite some time, his starting position doesn't really matter anyways. On top of that, you don't even know how he will play. You just act as if ETH wants him to play like Antony even though that never really happened.
Keeping him in the attack gives solves the dilemma that his balls in behind are more or less all we have in terms of chance creation but when he plays in midfield, his flaws are emphasized. Starting on the right, maybe as a RM gives us at least a chance in the midfield battle. Even though this opponent has the potential to burst quite a few bubbles about Eriksen and Amrabat. But lets hope for the best.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
How's he spent £400m and he's starting Maguire, Lindelof, Evans and McTominay every week?

Baxquux

We could get smashed 5-0 today and we'll still have swathes of 'sport ar manager' types popping up to tell us about how big clubs don't panic and listing all the mitigating factors. Though nothing changing until Glazers relinquish (at the very least) any kind of sporting-related control over this club, if only because the next pick under the current regime will somehow contrive to be less suitable. ..

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
How's he spent £400m and he's starting Maguire, Lindelof, Evans and McTominay every week?
Apparently if you score a brace against Brentford you unlock the privilege to start all games for the rest of the season no matter how shite you play or how many fecking penalties you concede per game.

lex talionis

I'm still on board with ETH. Every manager knows what's he's getting into when he signs a contact. As I see it, the players are failing the manager, but there is no disputing that the manager set 80m on fire when he demanded that we sign Antony and the lack of a serious RW force seriously undermined our progress as a club.

STYLOISRED

It's just sad man! I haven't felt this negative about a derby before. Not even during the LVG years. We all predicted he was going to chicken out and play the underperformers but he goes one step further to mess up his selection. He should just leave man. A proper footballing structure above him would interfere in this matter and either ask him to do the right thing or cut him lose. Too bad Murtough and Fletcher have not shown that they have what it takes.

We are going to get destroyed today and it's going to further kill the confidence of the players. I expect the dressing room to turn against him soon.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I'm still on board with ETH. Every manager knows what's he's getting into when he signs a contact. As I see it, the players are failing the manager, but there is no disputing that the manager set 80m on fire when he demanded that we sign Antony and the lack of a serious RW force seriously undermined our progress as a club.
Make that 140M with Mount as well.