Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager / awaiting clarity from the club over his position

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

el3mel

We got a decent point with lots of injuries against a team who has won all of their home games. With better attacking play in situations we would have won. I'm sure you would have been the first to stick the knife in should we have lost.
No as I said the result is far better than anything I have expected.

But coming here and picking a fight with other posters because "we didn't get thrashed" is quite sad and honestly indicative of the current state of the team.

criticalanalysis

You think a point away to a team who has won all of their home games and all our injuries where people were expecting us to get thrashed is an all time low?
I edited my post as I missed a word, which should clarify what I meant. I think the result is good/decent.

JagUTD

Imagine boosting about us not getting thrashed, not even winning, no, just not thrashed.
Only disappointment is we didn't get all 3 points. As Virgil said, only one team wanted to win today and if Hojlund could actually finish that team would have taken all 3.

So I'll take a point, begrudgingly seein as it's at Anfield.

TheGame

No as I said the result is far better than anything I have expected.

But coming here and picking a fight with other posters because "we didn't get thrashed" is quite sad and honestly indicative of the current state of the team.
No one is picking fights, you seem to get offended when people reference certain things. You also said this wasn't any achievement. I count a point in the certain circumstances decent enough. People want to be happy about a decent result.

el3mel

Only disappointment is we didn't get all 3 points. As Virgil said, only one team wanted to win today and if Hojlund could actually finish that team would have taken all 3.

That's not the point. I'm very content with the result.

Danny

The Hojlund chance wasn't that easy. Loads of strikers would have done the same.

Andre Kagawa

A striker and a midfielder in January would do us wonders, but I can't see him being backed.

el3mel

No one is picking fights, you seem to get offended when people reference certain things. You also said this wasn't any achievement. I count a point in the certain circumstances decent enough.
He's though. Why are you speaking on his behalf ?

AndyMUFC

Not playing Varane for the past two months was a joke, especially when we've ended up playing him left centre back anyway.

Varane and Martinez with a pivot of Casemiro and Mainoo when everyone is fit please.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No one is picking fights, you seem to get offended when people reference certain things. You also said this wasn't any achievement. I count a point in the certain circumstances decent enough. People want to be happy about a decent result.
I see you've met @el3mel for the first time? :wenger:

Cole9

I don’t think we’d miss Bruno much if we sold him. He’s a passenger in most matches.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
[/QUOTE]

this is bang on. People can say there’s no eth **** or it’s different to other manangers All they want but it’s the same. We just get a great result against Liverpool and al they Want to do is come on here and pick fights with people who dared to say they wanted eth out or expected to lose. It’s as toxic as ever.

JagUTD

this is bang on. People can say there’s no eth **** or it’s different to other manangers All they want but it’s the same. We just get a great result against Liverpool and al they Want to do is come on here and pick fights with people who dared to say they wanted eth out or expected to lose. It’s as toxic as ever.
Your boys took one hell of a beating

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag, speaking to BBC Sport, on what positives there were for his side to take: "There were a lot of aspects, absolutely. I think the performance was very good from our side. The gameplan went well, the players were brilliant how they stuck together and were in the fight.

"My only criticism would be in possession we could hurt them more, if you get one, two, three passes in. But that's the only thing. If we scored one of the big opportunities we could have won this game.

"Liverpool is a very good team, a very good attacking team and a lot of movement. You have to defend very disciplined and it is a big compliment to the team how they did - the spirit, and the passion and desire was there."

"We knew that beforehand that last year we beat them twice but we lost - and it was a big loss. Of course you want to take revenge.

"We have a good squad, a good team and we can make something out of this season."

hobbers

Varane the "inferior" LCB

Manchester City 0-3 - Maguire Evans - unused sub
Galatasary 3-3 - Maguire Lindelof - unused sub
Newcastle 0-1 - Maguire Shaw (Dalot LB) - unused sub
Bournemouth 0-3 - Maguire Shaw (Reguilon LB) - unused sub

But forced to pair Evans and Varane together and who's playing on the left? Oh, it's Varane.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Very good result, but he has to do something with our attacking play going forward. 18 goals in 17 matches is simply dire. Hopefully we can gain some confidence based on this game.

AshRK

By May if eth is here, I want to see some style of play. Not just being dominated by every other team. With one game a week from now till May, we should be able to play better.

Irwin99

This and the Bayern match and even a lot of our performances after the opening two defeats of last season show he CAN organise a defence. Playing with two defensive midfielders hardly compromises our attack either as its still pretty poor either way.

I hope he can build on this even if it means being more pragmatic.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Varane the "inferior" LCB

Manchester City 0-3 - Maguire Evans - unused sub
Galatasary 3-3 - Maguire Lindelof - unused sub
Newcastle 0-1 - Maguire Shaw (Dalot LB) - unused sub
Bournemouth 0-3 - Maguire Shaw (Reguilon LB) - unused sub

But forced to pair Evans and Varane together and who's playing on the left? Oh, it's Varane.
We got a good point today. I understand the Varane vindication, I really do. But fecksake can't you enjoy a backs to the wall draw at Anfield?

hobbers

We got a good point today. I understand the Varane vindication, I really do. But fecksake can't you enjoy a backs to the wall draw at Anfield?
It's nice to dent their title hopes a little bit at least.

VictoriaRed

Good game plan. Executed well. We just don't very good players. Anthony is committing robbery every time he plays. Amrabat is Championship level, at best-yes I know he played in Italy. Mainoo was a little off today, but still one of our standout performers. More of him, please!

sammyhol

Eric…

You might not have wanted to do it… suspensions and injuries forced your hand….

But it worked. We all knew it would work. So just hold your hands up, admit you have got it wrong, and you can still salvage something from this season…

All you need is four little numbers…

4 - 2 - 3 - 1

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
Oh man, the ETH out brigade would be so disappointed today because we didn't get a thrashing.

Actually what happened today disproves the claims of the ETH **** and proves some of ETH out brigade’s points:
  • The players have not downed tools as claimed by the ETH ****.
  • Playing two defensive midfielders made us far more solid, it is something that Et
  • Varane should never have been dropped (ironic that him, Maguire and McTominay have saved EtH’s skin on various occaisons despite EtH trying to get rid of them)

We held on today because we parked the bus. This is not sustainable. We can’t do this every game and we continued to look toothless in attack. The EtH **** celebrating a 0-0 draw or even us simply not being hammered is a mark of low standards have fallen. But I guess we have to be realistic. This is where we are at under EtH’s management…

quadrant

Eric…

You might not have wanted to do it… suspensions and injuries forced your hand….

But it worked. We all knew it would work. So just hold your hands up, admit you have got it wrong, and you can still salvage something from this season…

All you need is four little numbers…

4 - 2 - 3 - 1
Back to basics is good when you're in a rut, but lets not make out like our performance today was a template we should look to follow in the future.

pacifictheme

Thought we were pretty good tactically today. Obviously we can't go toe to toe with Liverpool, that would be suicide. Seems our short goal kicks were an attempt to lure Liverpool forward and then try to boot it forwards over the midfield into space left in behind. Worked a few times pretty well, especially second half.

Long way to go but considering injuries and recent performances I thought this was generally well executed by the players and well thought out.