Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager / awaiting clarity from the club over his position

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
No real problem with his decisions in this game. It's one of the few games where injuries actually are a fair excuse, as it was an individual mistake by a player out of position that lost us the match rather than a systematic failure like it normally is.

We played much more compact than we have in the vast majority of games this season, not leaving all the space in the midfield that we normally do. As such our defence had much more protection than it normally does, and unsurprisingly that resulted in them not being overloaded all game. He played Amad, who did well enough in the first 50 minutes or so that hopefully we'll continue seeing him for the rest of the season (if the injury doesn't keep him out). I'm tempted to say that he should have kept Hojlund on with Wheatley for the final few minutes to try to really get at the Arsenal defence, but that's about it.

Of course, the fact he didn't make the mistakes that he's been making all season in this match does beg the question of why he's made those mistakes for the rest of the games.

Shark

@NotShark
Despite losing 4-0 to Palace, expectations are that he's done a good job today from posters simply in denial. How low does the bar go down. Do we just lose every game until the end of the sason and sure it's all good.

izec

Despite losing 4-0 to Palace, expectations are that he's done a good job today from posters simply in denial. How low does the bar go down. Do we just lose every game until the end of the sason and sure it's all good.
Injuries, missing important players like Mount, Lindelöf and Rashford, who have kept us alive all season

Castia

Can’t see us getting a point from either Newcastle or Brighton and the final will obviously be an outside chance at best

Will go down as our worst ever PL season which simply isn’t acceptable

-4 goal difference and a possible 10th finish

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
At least the thrashing predictors were wrong :lol: fecking hell like

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't get Ten Hag. This game was a reminder that he's an adept tactician that can make changes to his side when required. We defended well through the wide areas where Arsenal are especially dangerous and limited Odegaard's influence in central areas.

So why haven't we tried this with a stronger squad? It's clear he thought our best way to beat teams was through quick transitions using our pacy wingers and Bruno who thrives making quick snap passes. But we never had the athleticism in midfield to be effective in playing that way. Ten Hag could easily have switched up his system earlier this season to something closer to today's and we probably would have won more games.
That's one of the points that I made for months. He is perfectly able to fix our issues, he just chose to not do it.

Based Adnan

A very real possibility that West Ham, who sacked Moyes for not being good enough, finish higher than us this season

fe33er

We asked Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

This was a follow up question to the last poll. Stop banging on about it @Chumpsbechumps

44.9% of you would give allow him to manage the cup final

55.1% of you would prefer to have an interim/caretaker in place for the cup final

This poll is now closed. What would you like as the next poll?

I’m thinking:

Should ETH stay or be fired by INEOS?
1) yes I still believe that he’s the right man
2) I think we should see next season how he does under the new support structure
3) I’ve seen enough. Time to go
Polls shouldnt be allowed to be changed. The votes swing depending on results. Vote and stick to your vote.

AaronRedDevil

Is there ANY manager available that isn't Tuchal? He will be a bad pick. Mark my words. His football is as bad as Jose

NK86

I answered your question
You obviously didn’t because your initial post said that we gave them as good as we got, which implied you were happy with the performance, if not the result.

Yet when I say that supporters being happy with that performance shows where our standards are at, you jump in to say you are not happy.

When I ask you again if you are happy with the performance, you ignore the question and answer “we lost”.

I get it you have nothing to defend Eth with anymore, but maybe have a tough time admitting it on this forum after the stance you had taken earlier.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You obviously didn’t because your initial post said that we gave them as good as we got, which implied you were happy with the performance, if not the result.

Yet when I say that supporters being happy with that performance shows where our standards are at, you jump in to say you are not happy.

When I ask you again if you are happy with the performance, you ignore the question and answer “we lost”.

I get it you have nothing to defend Eth with anymore, but maybe have a tough time admitting it on this forum after the stance you had taken earlier.
You can be unhappy about the performance and still look to find positive aspects of it. The two are not mutually exclusive.

NK86

Is there ANY manager available that isn't Tuchal? He will be a bad pick. Mark my words. His football is as bad as Jose
He won’t be my first pick. But considering how bad we have been under Eth, if Tuchel is the best available option out there, I will give him a piggyback ride from Munich to OT myself.

NK86

You can be unhappy about the performance and still look to find positive aspects of it. The two are not mutually exclusive.
You can obviously find a couple of positives in an otherwise yet another shite performance, which that was.
Glad we agree on that.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Polls shouldnt be allowed to be changed. The votes swing depending on results. Vote and stick to your vote.
That’s the nature of football fans, opinions change. It wouldn’t be fair if someone voted to keep him, then we get tonked 6-0 and they can’t change their mind?

Werd.

Meh, didn't play his dumbass chaos style today and instead chose to be more compact. Whoopty doo.

Suv666

First time in PL history we’ve lost 14 games

the feck are the people still backing him smoking?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You can obviously find a couple of positives in an otherwise yet another shite performance, which that was.
Glad we agree on that.
No it wasn’t good or bad. Pretty average.

Not everything is fecking black and white. this place can be utterly moronic sometimes.

RORY65

It was a low quality game but given the team we had out we did alright to stick in it to give us a chance to pinch something late on albeit we never really looked like doing so. It just proved again though what a nonsense our set up has been all season, he's just actively ignored the limitations of the team and used an approach that was never/is never going to work and has also given no platform to build on for next season.

NK86

No it wasn’t good or bad. Pretty average.

Not everything is fecking black and white. this place can be utterly moronic sometimes.
Yeah it can be as I have seen with your insane take on Eth on here the past few weeks.

Also, zero threat on their goal at home is now an “average performance”? Yeah thanks for confirming how our standards have gone in the gutter.

mu4c_20le

First time in PL history we’ve lost 14 games

the feck are the people still backing him smoking?
Also the first time we tried every possible combination at CB!! Season written off, filed away in a cabinet underneath Carrington, forgotten and lost to the ends of time...

Telsim

Arteta has him and his team completely figured out by this point. He has learned his lesson well after the first game. Arsenal went naively into that one and got punished. Ever since then, he knows we are completely useless with the ball and the only danger we ever pose is on the break. No need to press high and expose themselves when it's just a matter of time before the ball is given back to them. And that is what they have been doing in the following three games, probably to a fault in regards to the scoreline.

Yet after every game you have the same type of people who think that we have "looked good" on our own merits, despite never looking even close to anything at any point during the match. Today is no different. Arsenal looked in control for the vast majority of the game. Another day and they score 3 or more. And that day always arrives, like against Crystal Palace.

He has another 2 games to do something, just anything to prevent a total disaster of a season. Finishing behind that Chelsea team... that alone should be grounds for immediate termination.