Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager / awaiting clarity from the club over his position

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Of course what he has done is remarkable. This team has come far. Plus performed well. Its just in my view their next step of growth is mentality away from home. Many of these players once went unbeaten away from home for a full season under a mere solksjaer. They have it in then to regain that toughness
Those away results under Ole were in empty stadiums, no?

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Played 21 games since the World Cup finished, winning 16, drawing 3 and losing 2. We are just wearing down due limited squad depth.
I refuse to blame fatigue or squad depth for being pasted 7 vs the worst pool in 4 years. We didn't have squad depth in the 4 previous years neither and never lost this bad.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Of course what he has done is remarkable. This team has come far. Plus performed well. Its just in my view their next step of growth is mentality away from home. Many of these players once went unbeaten away from home for a full season under a mere solksjaer. They have it in them to regain that mental toughness
If we had played in an empty Anfield today with zero supporters empty seats everywhere, doubt we would have lost 7-0

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's a winner, he'll recover.

I can't stress how important it is to give him the utmost backing possible in the transfer market, much to do in potentially the most important transfer window in our recent history.

AshRK

I don't think today's game had anything to do with tactics or fatigue. We matched them in the first half and were unfortunate to concede the way we did.

The second half was just poor game awareness by our players. The moment we were 3-0 down we should have taken a back seat and managed the game better, instead our players were wandering in the pitch like idiots thinking we will win 4-3. It's good to be confident but not over confident, today I thought our attitude stunk and there was zero game awareness.

Now people would say ETH would have told the players. Well he cannot come and speak with everyon in middle of the game. The timing of goals meant the players were on their own. And they had to manage it better and they didn't.

The Purley King

He overthought it today.
Stick to the basics. Bruno on the left? For the first time since when? Against the worst RB In the league for defensive capabilities?
He’s smart enough to learn from it hopefully but even with that strategic mistake we still should have done so much better

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Played 21 games since the World Cup finished, winning 16, drawing 3 and losing 2. We are just wearing down due limited squad depth.
Yes but he’s still going for every trophy, it’s not sustainable. Hopefully this shows him that.

worst thing we can do is burnout mid season and collapse no matter how good we’ve been the last month or so. We’ve got a trophy, now keep a strong eleven for the league.

In Rainbows

It was empty stadiums for everyone though and no other team managed it
But at that point there is no point in separating the terms "away" and "home." I mean, what is the difference really? Probably the grass, the length of pitch, and how much space you have until you hit the electronic boards.

mav_9me

I think this is him calling out the attackers for not support the defense with tracking back.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It was the biggest, shittiest defeat we could've got but I'm relaxed and content with the overall progress we've made in this short time under Heh Hag.
So, I'm just going to give the squad the benefit of the doubt tonight.

caid

Sometimes you can play well and concede a couple of goals anyway. Especially against good teams. The meltdown / giving up / hiding that followed that is unforgivable. Losing 3-0 to liverpool would suck and be miserable ... and forgotten in a months time. 7-0 is so different.
Maybe some of these players have been on the receiving end of one too many of these kind of results and need to be moved on despite their otherwise excellent performances. You'd want to put it behind you and move on as soon as possible normally but it feels a bit like this one should be returned to and kept in mind next summer.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
But at that point there is no point in separating the terms "away" and "home." I mean, what is the difference really? Probably the grass, the length of pitch, and how much space you have until you hit the electronic boards.
No that’s fair but the players still had the resilience to go to these grounds and not lose. You can’t tell me the fans shouting made us lose 7-0 and not 3-0 or whatever or the fans or noise are getting to players that much. Some of those players had the toughness to travel and win and we’ve added even better quality.

I’m not having a go at anyone but what we done the last few years constantly gets played down just because it didn’t end well when in fact at one point it did look like we were building towards something, we’ve been coming back from behind for a few seasons now.

the score line today has shocked me a lot more than the result itself. I can’t even get my head around the total capitulation, I think honestly at the end we were lucky it was just 7 as they looked like scoring every attack.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Guardiola lost 4-0 to a shit Everton side in his first season. Stop crying.
This is our worst result in nearly 100 years. Repeat that and let it sink in.

I get why you’re saying “stop crying” but think that not one person on this forum has experienced such a humiliating result. That and it’s against our arch fecking rivals

AlPistacho

He's traumatised from all these hammerings and needs to be shown the fecking door along with a few other players who've been with us since the 5-0 at Old Trafford last season.
Seems to be the type of leader who shines when all is going well, but crumbles when it goes to crap.

AlPistacho

I've yet to see actual evidence of this though.
I hope I’m wrong . He was complaining about something when a sub was made, and Neville said it was because it wasn’t him being subbed. Again hope I’m wrong and he was moaning about something else, as that is very very bad.

AlPistacho

Care to explain? Did he ask to be replaced (due to an injury I presume) and was declined?
Not sure. He was complaining when a sub was made, Neville said it was because he wanted to get subbed. I hope it was misunderstood. But regardless his overall attitude wasn’t good today.

AshRK

No that’s fair but the players still had the resilience to go to these grounds and not lose. You can’t tell me the fans shouting made us lose 7-0 and not 3-0 or whatever or the fans or noise are getting to players that much. Some of those players had the toughness to travel and win and we’ve added even better quality.

I’m not having a go at anyone but what we done the last few years constantly gets played down just because it didn’t end well when in fact at one point it did look like we were building towards something, we’ve been coming back from behind for a few seasons now.

the score line today has shocked me a lot more than the result itself. I can’t even get my head around the total capitulation, I think honestly at the end we were lucky it was just 7 as they looked like scoring every attack.
It was because of lack of game awareness. These players even at 4-0 thought that they can go and score 5. Like neville and keane both said after the match it was " NAIVE" from our players led by Bruno. Sometimes when you are 3 down you just should take a back seat and slow down the game and not play like idiots. Today we lost 7-0 because of players over confidence and stupidity.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Don't mind the poster quote but looking at those hammerings, it seems nothing big has changed just that we win against smaller teams..

Add now this season spanking, it's a grim reading. There is an underlying problem to all this as much as people call it freak result.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Despite all of that, there is no logical explanation for getting absolutely mauled by a Liverpool side we've all categorically written off this season.

Losing the game at Anfield can happen, that's not the issue.

The manager has effectively called them unprofessional today. That's as damning as it gets at this level.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Two main errors I thought:

- had to play either Rashford or Garnacho at LW from the start. It’s a real weak defensive point for Pool and starting Bruno there was an error;

- Dalot should not be starting over AWB currently in any big match. He just isn’t good enough defensively.

It’s a one off error though. He will learn from it.
He decided to put Casemiro on the bench away at City too. What a mistake that was.

I think this manager is top class but there are some vulnerabilities creeping in. Anfield is not the time and place to start experimenting with Bruno wide left. What was he thinking?
Hopefully never again.

AlPistacho

Don't mind the poster quote but looking at those hammerings, it seems nothing big has changed just that we win against smaller teams..

Add now this season spanking, it's a grim reading. There is an underlying problem to all this as much as people call it freak result.

Today was due to a collective collapse.

AshRK

He decided to put Casemiro on the bench away at City too. What a mistake that was.

I think this manager is top class but there are some vulnerabilities creeping in. Anfield is not the time and place to start experimenting with Bruno wide left. What was he thinking?
Hopefully never again.
Bruno at left wasn't the reason we conceded 7 today. We matched them quite well in the first half and with better finishing should have been at least 1 goal up.

The second half debacle was more than tactics but sheer lack of pathetic attitude in some of our players that was unacceptable to see. Look at shaw or Bruno in the second half even after the second goal conceded..it wasn't good and it wasn’t because Bruno played in lw.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Bruno at left wasn't the reason we conceded 7 today. We matched them quite well in the first half and with better finishing should have been at least 1 goal up.

The second half debacle was more than tactics but sheer lack of pathetic attitude in some of our players that was unacceptable to see. Look at shaw or Bruno in the second half even after the second goal conceded..it wasn't good and it wasn’t because Bruno played in lw.
It was one of the reasons. He got other decisions wrong too. Playing 2 man midfield when our energy levels are low was baffling also. Dalot over AWB made no sense either given the defending we were going to have to do and I'm not AWB's biggest admirer.

AlPistacho

It was one of the reasons. He got other decisions wrong too. Playing 2 man midfield when our energy levels are low was baffling also. Dalot over AWB made no sense either given the defending we were going to have to do and I'm not AWB's biggest admirer.
The worse thing that can happen from this is it becomes ETH’s Leicester moment for LVG. We want ETH to keep to his philosophy, identify the players not suited to it at the elite level and replace them.

AshRK

All these would have made sense had we actually conceded 3 or 4 in the first half and Liverpool battered us in the first 45. Let us be honest, the first half before they scored we actually were the team who created the best chance.. Liverpool had 0 shots on target till Gapko scored in 43rd minute.

You can't seriously be saying we lost 7 -0 because ETH tactics were poor. Maybe 2 or 3-0 , I agree but 7-0 means it is something beyond tactics. I am.not saying I was happy seeing Dalot over AWB or become overly excited seeing Wout play for us. But I think the second half was just our players being Naive and losing their minds. Heck after 3-0 ETH made changes to our defence and midfield. And guess what it did nothing either because our players especially Bruno and Shaw were just having a mare. With that attitude Bruno could have played as number 10 and we still would have lost 7-0.

That was unacceptable performance and unfortunately our manager also has to live with this but to say we lost 7-0 because bruno played lw or Wout played as 10 is not correct. We were decent in the first half and were shocking in the second.

Last edited:

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Today was due to a collective collapse.
But all this collapse are too frequent.

I believe Elite managers / big club doesn't collapse this frequent.

You see all those collapses last season, at match day 25

we had 43 points, today we have 49 points. Just 6 point difference.

Goal difference was 8. Today 6.

We've conceded more goals now than last season at game 25.

Even Moyes mighty Westham have conceded less goals than us this season. Even Fulham, Brenford, Crystal Palace

We can bury our heads because of carabao cup but no significant changed has occurred, just that Ten Hag demands more than Ole.

we still play counter, even Newcastle had over 60% possession in the final.

remember all the chances Westham had in the previous game, remember Leicester chances, good teams would have blown us away.

Anfield we got such a team and boy we were blown away completely.

Ten Hag needs to do a drastic change or else this players will throw him under the bus. You saw how they were unbothered at Anfield, seems they cam drop such stinkers again because they know nothing will happen.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The worse thing that can happen from this is it becomes ETH’s Leicester moment for LVG. We want ETH to keep to his philosophy, identify the players not suited to it at the elite level and replace them.
Let's hope so. These results can't be repeated. Any United team can lose away at City and Liverpool as they aren't easy places to go but we shouldn't be losing like that. Ever.

I trust him to put things right.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
All these would have made sense had we actually conceded 3 or 4 in the first half and Liverpool battered us in the first 45. Let us be honest, the first half before they scored we actually were the team who created the best chance.. Liverpool had 0 shots on target till Gapko scored in 43rd minute.

You can't seriously be saying we lost 7 -0 because ETH tactics were poor. Maybe 2 or 3-0 , I agree but 7-0 means it is something beyond tactics. I am.not saying I was happy seeing Dalot over AWB or become overly excited seeing Wout play for us. But I think the second half was just our players being Naive and losing their minds. Heck after 3-0 ETH made changes to our defence and midfield. And guess what it did nothing either because our players especially Bruno and Shaw were just having a mare. With that attitude Bruno could have played as number 10 and we still would have lost 7-0.

That was unacceptable performance and unfortunately our manager also has to live with this but to say we lost 7-0 because bruno played lw or Wout played as 10 is not correct. We were decent in the first half and were shocking in the second.
It wasn't just tactics of course not. Don't think he helped today though. Didn't like the team structure at all.

The fatigue and fragility from players also an issue too

Andersonson

Losing 7-0 and in this fashion isn't something the fans and club should take lightly. His job security should take a big hit. He went on after the game and blamed the mentality of the players, but he the one in charge.

I like him, he won't get sacked, but more performances like this we can't have. It's was fecking embarrassing.

Losing 7-0 to LFC should never be acceptable. Never

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Losing 7-0 and in this fashion isn't something the fans and club should take lightly. His job security should take a big hit. He went on after the game and blamed the mentality of the players, but he the one in charge.

I like him, he won't get sacked, but more performances like this we can't have. It's was fecking embarrassing.

Losing 7-0 to LFC should never be acceptable. Never
Yep. Just sack him and move on. Get Poch because he might only lose 2-0.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
6-1 at home against City when they were not even that good hurt much more. Losing 7-0 to Pool is always bad no matter what. Hopefully this will quicken the Glazers to sell the club.

eire-red

Got it wrong today unfortunately, from the start and with the subs. Moving Shaw to CB at 4-0 down was bizarre and I don't think I'll ever fathom it.

Needs to use this and get a response in the coming weeks.