Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager / awaiting clarity from the club over his position

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

hobbers

Awful subs again. Lost control of the game again.

Unable to get the team to start a second half with any sort of tempo or aggression or even just being switched on, again.

The subs are bargain basement sure, none of the players brought on today deserve to play in a top league let alone at the top end of one. But Erik signed two of them, and the only reason Martial is still here is because he wanted to keep him.

el3mel

I've seen similar comments a lot and to a point, its true but when was the last time Ten Hag had a completely full squad to select from? He lost Eriksen and Garnacho to injuries inflicted on them, Casemiro to suspensions, Varane and Martinez probably for the rest of the season in the space of one game, Martial has missed most of the season.....yet, we won the League Cup, got to the quarters of the Europa after knocking out the runaway leaders of La Liga, have reached the FA Cup Final and we will almost certainly be guaranteed top four - managing all this whilst playing more football than ANY club in Europe this season that just happened to have had a world Cup sandwiched in the middle? If this is what Ten Hag can manage on a "threadbare" squad that isn't his in his first season, I'm seriously looking forward to what comes next.....
These kind of posts made it as if injuries don't happen to other teams.

It's the end of the season. Injuries and fatigue are bound to happen. Up to the manager to manage his squad in such circumstances.

Fooza

Anyway point stands, scrap top 4, finishing below Newcastle and losing the Fa Cup final will be such a godawful end to the season and will put a lot of shadows and doom going into the market no matter how much the top reds here are going to convince themselves. We're heading towards a very negative end to the season.

Please win that damn cup so that summer doesn't be shit.
Top 4 would be a success for EtH;s first season even without trophies, but if it doesn't lead us to a good transfer window, It'd be pointless.

justboy68

Was this a consistent theme at Ajax too? I mean they did completely throw it away against Spurs in the CL too. He must have been traumatic flashbacks tonight!

On the positive side if he does find a way to properly close out games we'll be on to something ey?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
His subs were awful? Have we turned stupid and blind all at once? Most people wanted Fred to start... he came on with his much desired energy and gave absolutely everything away. AWB was horrendous today and rightly replaced, too. Unfortunately, we do not have Mahrez and Foden on the bench to bring on. We're literally playing with a makeshift defence with three fecking full backs and still should have won today. And we still have morons comparing him to OGS.

RedIan

Also his signings overall have been crap. He should have no input into transfers going forward, if we keep going like he won't be here this time next year. It will be a much tougher league
You are an Arsenal fan - right ?
Ridiculous opinion. All his signings have been top notch.

TsuWave

You expected more than top 4, trophy and FA Cup Final?
I expected us to be a better footballing side. Surely there's more to football than just "we won the Carabao cup!!", right? Especially when we had a relatively easy run in that cup.

We seem to always fold against decent sides away from home and have suffered some embarrassing losses. His in-game management and insistence on Weghorst have also raised question marks for me, but it's not as if I said I want him out. I said we're really not that good, and that I expected more - maybe the damage is mine for expecting us to be a better team.

Scottynaldinho

Someone has to say it and I'll be one. ETH has been ridiculously defended here but it looks like it's all going in the same old territory.

There's no style of play, no authority or control of games. Remove recent additions from the squad and we'll be about the same team performance wise.

el3mel

His signings have been very good. Eriksen has been very good. Casemiro is still outstanding, why are we guessing what's going to happen 'within 2 years' without any indications whatsoever.
His two best signings in the summer are two 31 years old player.

Hardly something we're going to build upon.

Casemiro is a good player, but investing such sum of money in a 31 years old player while you're rebuilding the team is stupid and we'll come to this again in the very near future.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
3 are great signings. Antony....i guess he is solid signing (overpayed though).
But Malacia and Wout are out of depth.
Malacia has had good spells and poor spells. Considering his price, age and first year in the league he's been ok. Definitely needs to improve.

Wout is an emergency signing, very much doubt he wanted to be in the position to bring him in.

pascell

Said before I wouldn't judge him on this season but man, he's making it difficult not to. Needs to learn making so many subs in such a short period kills our momentum and rhythm.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What shite are you even harping on about?
No one expects this team to play like prime Man City. That comes from your imagination, I have no idea where you read it or where it was even hinted that. Between that level and the usual capitulating away from home, I don't think it's crazy to hope for a middle ground

el3mel

Top 4 would be a success for EtH;s first season even without trophies, but if it doesn't lead us to a good transfer window, It'd be pointless.
Top 4 and League Cup is overall a good season, but ending the season in such a negative manner won't really give a lot of confidence going into summer. How you end your season is very, very important.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
His two best signings in the summer are two 31 years old player.

Hardly something we're going to build upon.

Casemiro is a good player, but investing such sum of money in a 31 years old player while you're rebuilding the team is stupid and we'll come to this again in the very near future.
Lisandro is not 31 years old, for a start.

Casemiro is outstanding until proven otherwise.

justboy68

Ultimately we should get top 4, which along with the League cup and FA cup final is a decent season any way you slice it. Next season will be the big test though. He's a good but not perfect coach. Mainly we need new owners in and some top drawer additions in the summer.

Rustyspider13

He made the call on Sabitzer v Fred, came up short. Don't blame him for that. But the team's starting mentality in the second half was atrocious. It needs to be fixed. I don't think it'll happen in this season, so we'll have a few more of these away days, but next season we can't collapse like this ever again. Just get top 4 somehow.

Abhinav

The subs did a poor job and a lot of that was on the players. Didn’t understand the need to sub Sancho off though. He was having one of his better games and Antony was quite poor.

Irwin99

We were losing control of the game before the subs happened, but geez I didn't expect Martial and Fred to be that bad.

3KDré

Taking Eriksen, no matter how leggy he was cost us today. Then putting the Horse on at 10 again - I get it worked against Barca (once) but it's a horrible tactic.

Ludens the Red

Someone has to say it and I'll be one. ETH has been ridiculously defended here but it looks like it's all going in the same old territory.

There's no style of play, no authority or control of games. Remove recent additions from the squad and we'll be about the same team performance wise.
This is what worries me. I see very little improvement in our overall function as a team. We’ve just put good players into the team instead of rubbish players and that’s made us improve automatically. Still not really seeing development in our style of play.

On a side note. He should be banned from signing Dutch players. Weghorst and Malacia…. Christ….

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It's the guys first season and he inherited a shitshow! So tell me what you expected this season?
To have a some semblance of a team or style of play that was expected with a better coach? But we still have posts complaining of the team being like strangers, struggling against every team we face, no fight or determination. Same old.

el3mel

Lisandro is not 31 years old, for a start.

Casemiro is outstanding until proven otherwise.
I already said Martinez is the only player whom I can say is a strong hit.

The other not really, no. Eriksen and Casemiro are short term business and Antony, Weghorst and Malacia have been bang average.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Most of his signings actually have been either average or with questions around them. Martinez is the only one whom I'll say was a strong hit.

Eriksen has been decent but nothing spectacular. Casemiro is a very good player but paying 80m for a 31 years old player instead of investing such sum of money in a younger midfielder will come bite us in the arse within 2 years at most.
Why are you making nonsense up? We paid 60m for him.

NYAS

We were being dominated for 15 minutes before the subs were made. That’s why he made them. If he hadn’t done anything then the exact same posters complaining now would have been in here moaning about him “not doing anything”.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’m not seeing a massive improvement in us from the God awful OGS era.

We don’t score enough, don’t control games and rely on individual brilliance in defence.

Take Rashfords goals out of the equation and we’d be in big trouble.

Rusholme Ruffian

Show me.

You do realize that with Ole (apart from his first half season and last season), our second half performances won us many games, and his away record (covid or not) was very good. So I am not being hypocritical in demanding that ETH improve its away game performance? right?
Nope, you are being hypocritical in that you supported Ole throughout our worst run of form for 50 years, and after 2.5 years of mediocrity, and yet you are laying into ETH after less than a season even though we're doing better than anyone could have really expected.

hobbers

As soon as Weghorst comes on there is zero chance of us scoring any more goals. Doesn't matter whats gone on in the game or how dominant we've been.

That's obvious to everyone, fans players and coaches. So I'm not sure at this point why Erik keeps doing it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We were being dominated for 15 minutes before the subs were made. That’s why he made them. If he hadn’t done anything then the exact same posters complaining now would have been in here moaning about him “not doing anything”.
You're right but Wout as a 10 ?? Why and how is that supposed to work ?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
WW...
Fred... who is the most inconsistent player for many years

Bit of a risk with those subs, no?
Fred has been one of the most impactful players from the bench over the course of the season. He was of course absolutely shocking today.