Eriksen out injured until April/May

phelans shorts

Andy Carroll first went after Eriksen and then Casemiro. Casemiro was able to jump. Looking at both tackles, I have no doubt at all that Carroll's intent was to injure them both. He doesn't have a chance to reach the ball in any of the situations and he tackles with full strength and his whole body weight. It's against the 2 players who have changed United's midfield, and it makes sense to go after exactly those two if you're a real idiot.
I’d point to Hanlons Razor here

Irrational.

I don’t use the term hate lightly but I fecking hate that prick Carroll. I have no doubt he was on a mission to cripple our midfield.

Nothing footballer who will achieve nothing in life after football. Dickhead.

The Firestarter

I'd have thought fellow pros would have some respect for Eriksen and what he went through and still is playing at the highest level, bit no, can't expect such beta shite from someone who is only professional at being a failed bitter cnut that would also fail the job of a lightning rod.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Pony tailed lanky prick.

Absolute nothing footballer.

Carroll is loathsome.

Telsim

Wow. Well, that's our season done then. feck Andy Carroll and feck the parasites.

Siorac

Yeah, that's pretty much season over then. Holding on to top 4 would be a small miracle after this.

Somehow sneaking past Barcelona - though monumentally unlikely, of course - might actually be bad for our season... trying to balance three cups on top of a congested league schedule with a paper thin squad is a recipe for disaster.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'd hope this was just a short-term thing. Realistically, we have to do some business before the deadline now. but we won't... the best we can hope for is to put Lindelof at CB, Martinez as the DM and push Casemiro further forward

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Prioritise the league cup and top 4. Play the kids for the rest.

BarstoolProphet

I'm convinced Carroll set out in the second half especially to hurt someone.

He was only on the pitch 2nd half for 20 minutes and yet he managed to injure Eriksen, he smashed into Malalcia with no attempt to even pretend to get the ball and then he tries to snap Casemiro in two. I don't know what the issue was but there's not a chance it was just unlucky or he didn't mean it. He went out to injure people.

As for us, it's just a massive fecking blow. Eriksen is quality and even if he's having an average game he can pop up with a great assist or an amazing pass to start a move that leads to a goal, he started the move that led to the opener on Saturday with one leg for feck sake.

We're not getting anybody in so it's going to be a struggle now in terms of creativity.
You could say the same for the first half also. In fact, from the first duel with Lindelof he went in on. It was so easy to see he had no interest in winning the ball, he just wanted to leave his mark - like he wanted to do against DdG in his first season.

RedDevil@84

ETH has to bring this up in press conferences like other managers do
This.
ETH has to learn to moan a bit. The PL and FA will do feck all until someone in media prints these stories. The influence of media talk on PL officials is crazy tbh

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I hope we can get a decent replacement on deadline day. I really don't want to see a lot of Fred and McT, especially as starters.

Ole'sattheWheel

You could tell Caroll was out there to hurt our team. He's a striker but was just in front of his own back 4 at times hacking down our players. Wanker

Drawfull

Carroll's a thug; will be hard without him even though he probably needed a little rest.

I know they've only announced the severity today but they must have known pretty quickly so hopefully any replacement has had more than just this morning to be sounded out.

Irwin99

That's a massive blow. People have been mildly critical of him and his tendency to fade in the second half of games but like Dalot we keep the ball better and we're a better team with him in it. Also think he has the highest number of assists for us this season?

Heinzesight

Carroll, the utter utter cnut, will be pretty pleased with himself, probably texting all his Geordie cronies that he’s put Eriksen out of the league cup final. Absolute shit stain. Horrible prick on and off the pitch.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Awful news. He’s been a fantastic signing. Let’s just hope we manage 4th with what we have.

Belisarius

Carroll's a thug; will be hard without him even though he probably needed a little rest.

I know they've only announced the severity today but they must have known pretty quickly so hopefully any replacement has had more than just this morning to be sounded out.
It's not hard to see why Andy Carroll is not playing in the Premier league anymore. But, they need to find a way to police that kind of behaviour. The FA cup is a financial godsend for clubs in the lower leagues when they can play premier league clubs at home. If they want to protect that income stream they should find a way to police themselves. Else the higher level clubs have every incentive to limit the cup to a competition among their peers only and exclude the riff-raff who are exposing their high priced talent to injury.

As far as replacing Eriksen goes, I suppose Fred will get the lion's share of the playing time, but I wonder if this won't be an opportunity for someone in the academy to step up. Maybe Mainoo, or Iqbal or Savage?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's not hard to see why Andy Carroll is not playing in the Premier league anymore. But, they need to find a way to police that kind of behaviour. The FA cup is a financial godsend for clubs in the lower leagues when they can play premier league clubs at home. If they want to protect that income stream they should find a way to police themselves. Else the higher level clubs have every incentive to limit the cup to a competition among their peers only and exclude the riff-raff who are exposing their high priced talent to injury.

As far as replacing Eriksen goes, I suppose Fred will get the lion's share of the playing time, but I wonder if this won't be an opportunity for someone in the academy to step up. Maybe Mainoo, or Iqbal or Savage?
Seems we’re signing a replacement

Grunnn123

This.
ETH has to learn to moan a bit. The PL and FA will do feck all until someone in media prints these stories. The influence of media talk on PL officials is crazy tbh
ETH hates the press and he is not the person to use the press

RedDevil@84

ETH hates the press and he is not the person to use the press
That sucks for us. Media drives the narrative and actions or lack thereof from PL, FA in the country. If only the other managers moan, we will not get penalties, will not get valid red cards for opposition.

Elcabron

This.
Absaloutely. Klopp knows this and uses it to full advantage, in fact he over does it but still seems to work for him.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Martinez gets elbowed in the face the week before and has to wear head gear in following games = doesn't even warrant a card.

Eriksen victim if two feet off the ground tackle, out for basically rest of season = not even a card.

Seriously what the actual feck. ETH has to bring this up in press conferences like other managers do. It needs to be highlighted.
ETH ain't a whiny little biatch but the day he speaks up about these pathetic refs they're gonna be torn a new one.

Grunnn123

That sucks for us. Media drives the narrative and actions or lack thereof from PL, FA in the country. If only the other managers moan, we will not get penalties, will not get valid red cards for opposition.
Maybe, but on the other hand, he is very strickt with media and thats the reason why we don't hear dressingroom drama. If he wants something, he keeps it behaind closed doors. I think the board know what ETH wants. The window is not closed yet and who knows what happends in the last hours.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
That's the price of playing a near full team against a team of rugby players. We lack the squad to compete on all fronts. We need to prioritise

DevilRed

Horrible news.

Have no confidence our owners will splash the cash to find a replacement in the midst of a sale.

Our top four ambitions have really taken a hit. I'd settle for fourth place right now.

A-man

Horrible news. He has played 31 of 33 matches and we are not really prepared for this to happen.

Horrible news.

Have no confidence our owners will splash the cash to find a replacement in the midst of a sale.

Our top four ambitions have really taken a hit. I'd settle for fourth place right now.
There is no cash to splash.