Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

Matriac

Ole met with Haaland and was unable to convince him as far as the news goes. Wouldn't it be Ole who messed up.
Haaland's team said they felt like it was mainly Ole who wanted him. Didn't feel like the rest of the club was that keen on him. And this was concluded in December when Ole's future at the club seemed more uncertain.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's an absolutely fearless finisher ain't he. Clean and reliable, on 1v1's too.

Holters

We identified Haaland, Sancho and Jude just like them. We just don't give into agents demands and I used to think rightly so. I am not so sure now.
They all chose Dortmund over us. I don't believe the PR spin about agent demands etc. Dortmund simply presents and sell their project better. If any of these players had United as their first choice they would have ended up here. Håland recently did a Norwegian podcast, were he said the reason he chose Dortmund was because they gave him a good vibe after talking to them. What he really liked was how straight forward they were. They said it as it was and was very direct. They told him how he would become Dortmund's striker. He was sold on the project after their talks.

TommiHelm

Not something you can really level at him after the goal and assist vs bayern the other day, seems regardless of the opposition this lad just scores
Exactly. Doesn't stop certain people on here from using it as an excuse though. Personally I don't think I've seen a typical striker with this kind of potential since Benzema when he broke through at Lyon. Think he was about 20 to, and scored 30+ goals his first proper season. I'm surely a bit biased, being Norwegian, but unless injuries ruin him somehow, I feel like he'll be a legend at what ever club is lucky enough to have him in his best years.

Dr. StrangeHate

They all chose Dortmund over us. I don't believe the PR spin about agent demands etc. Dortmund simply presents and sell their project better. If any of these players had United as their first choice they would have ended up here. Håland recently did a Norwegian podcast, were he said the reason he chose Dortmund was because they gave him a good vibe after talking to them. What he really liked was how straight forward they were. They said it as it was and was very direct. They told him how he would become Dortmund's striker. He was sold on the project after their talks.
Of course he would say that; however the agent fees and buyout clause paint the true story though.

get a grip. Dortmund is a stepping stone. It’s working out brilliantly for him and for Sancho. They get to develop, play games, play in the CL and then move to a big club.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Was curious what his career minutes per goal look like. It's 92. Crazily good. The guy's an absolute monster.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
If we're going to spend a fortune on a Dortmund player...

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
If we're going to spend a fortune on a Dortmund player...
Honestly think you need a player like Haaland more than you do Sancho anyway. I don't rate Martial as highly as a striker as a lot of people on here do. He's a good footballer but I don't think he's a great, clinical goalscorer.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Alone at goal, can complete the hattrick. Passes to teammate.

I am literally bathing in salt that we do not have Haaland in this team :(

Chief123

I can’t wait to get started on the Haaland transfer thread for next summer. Going to be epic. 2000 pages here we come! :D

Jibbs

Honestly think you need a player like Haaland more than you do Sancho anyway. I don't rate Martial as highly as a striker as a lot of people on here do. He's a good footballer but I don't think he's a great, clinical goalscorer.
Agree completely. Do you think Edouard has it in him to be as good as Haaland?

DoomSlayer

No way, we have a single player that plays at RW/RF to a high standard and that is Greenwood. We desperately need a left-footed attacking player, in my opinion, or at least someone that is a natural on the right side.

I see your point, and if we had someone even half way competent on the right wing, then I would agree. However a right winger is the area we can improve most at the moment (considering we haven’t had a decent one for nearly a decade now).

I do however think Haaland as a traditional CF flanked by the likes of Rashford, perhaps Sancho and Bruno would be sensational.

Skills

Snitch
I see your point, and if we had someone even half way competent on the right wing, then I would agree. However a right winger is the area we can improve most at the moment (considering we haven’t had a decent one for nearly a decade now).

I do however think Haaland as a traditional CF flanked by the likes of Rashford, perhaps Sancho and Bruno would be sensational.
You don't think Mason Greenwood is halfway competent?

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Agree completely. Do you think Edouard has it in him to be as good as Haaland?
Nope.

He's more skilful and possibly a more naturally technically gifted player but Haaland's goalscoring is insane. I think he'll be the best striker in the world very soon.

Red Stone

Imagine we could have gotten him for nothing back when he played for Molde and Ole invited United scouts to look at him. IIRC he scored 4 goals that match at age 16, but the scouts were not impressed and travled back with nothing
To be fair, the last time our scouts watched a Molde striker score four and we bought the player he turned out to be pretty shite.

Acquire Me

It’s strange, but Haaland is better than Mbappe. He scores goals for fun and are hungry as hell.

OleBoiii

He's the next big thing, I'm sure of it. Will be the best center forward in the world within 3 years, mark my words.

Okocha119

Haaland is an absolute beast of a player. I've been watching Dortmund for 20 years and he is far and away the best player I've seen play for the club. Other players his age show that they have potential, but watching him you can instantly tell he's pure class. The only comparison I can think of is a young Brazilian Ronaldo.

Doubt he will be going to United though. He was reportedly planning on using United as a stepping stone the same way he's using Dortmund now. His next club will definitely be one that can challenge for the Champions League title every year and i don't see United getting to that level in the next two years. My money is on Bayern or Real.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Maybe, but we couldn't and shouldn't agree on release clauses.
It works for BVB from both business and sport point of view. He is performing at a very high level now already even playing against Bayern. His wages and transfer fee are relatively low , and the club can make 3x the money when he decides to move on. Great business.

georgipep

It works for BVB from both business and sport point of view. He is performing at a very high level now already even playing against Bayern. His wages and transfer fee are relatively low , and the club can make 3x the money when he decides to move on. Great business.
If the club's ambition is to sell their best players without even having the option to negotiate price, sure. I don't want that for Man Utd and don't care too much about profit from transfers.

Eriku

To be fair, the last time our scouts watched a Molde striker score four and we bought the player he turned out to be pretty shite.
Mame Biram Diouf was 24, not 16 like Haaland was :)

Chuffed to see Haaland staying on fire. Hopefully he’ll show the goods for the national side too!

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
If the club's ambition is to sell their best players without even having the option to negotiate price, sure. I don't want that for Man Utd and don't care too much about profit from transfers.
It is not about ambition. It is about if the player can do the job for you now. Players come and go these days and especially Haaland he already said he will follow the foot steps of Ibra and CR7 moving clubs and try out different leagues. BVB got a very good player for couple seasons on the cheap and will make good profit if he decides to move on.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I agree. I don’t think we will win the league with martial as a number 9