Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

Deery

Dreary
I think if he comes to the premier league it is more likely to be Liverpool than us to replace Bobby Firmino. It would be so like them to pick up a world class talent for a knock down price.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think if he comes to the premier league it is more likely to be Liverpool than us to replace Bobby Firmino. It would be so like them to pick up a world class talent for a knock down price.
For that to be true they have to change atleast one of Salah & Mane. Theres no way those two would work with Haaland in the middle. As good as the guy is that will be a step down in team cohesion.

Only way I can see that is if Klopp leaves and they get another manager who requires that type of striker in all of his set ups so drops Firmino for him.

Klopp wouldnt do that.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
For that to be true they have to change atleast one of Salah & Mane. Theres no way those two would work with Haaland in the middle. As good as the guy is that will be a step down in team cohesion.

Only way I can see that is if Klopp leaves and they get another manager who requires that type of striker in all of his set ups so drops Firmino for him.

Klopp wouldnt do that.
My guess is he will team up with Martin Odegaard in Real Madrid in 2022. Benz's legs will be gone at that time probably. Mbappe summer 2021, Haaland summer 2022. Makes too much sense for Real Madrid.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Yes, we are. We have a chance of signing Haaland. And?
He declined and went somewhere else instead. When he leaves Dortmund he'll be flooded with offers far more attractive than ourselves. Oh wait, perhaps I'm wrong. I forgot about the priceless pull of being managed by Ole.

Deery

Dreary

Klopp wouldnt do that.
I don’t think it would upset their unity at all Firmino has been a passenger for a while now, a world class finisher like Haaland would take them to new heights.

Dve

We have gone with short term solutions, so he´ll be needed at United as well.

Dve

He declined and went somewhere else instead. When he leaves Dortmund he'll be flooded with offers far more attractive than ourselves. Oh wait, perhaps I'm wrong. I forgot about the priceless pull of being managed by Ole.
No one loves me, etc. Just stop it. It´s pathetic.

Deery

Dreary
We have gone with short term solutions, so he´ll be needed at United as well.
No doubt he’s needed at United I think he could even win us a league or two, but if I was in his shoes at the moment I would choose Liverpool.

The_Midfielder

No doubt he’s needed at United I think he could even win us a league or two, but if I was in his shoes at the moment I would choose Liverpool.
or City??
His dad played there and they are looking for Agueros heir ... City will surely buy him for 200M

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
My guess is he will team up with Martin Odegaard in Real Madrid in 2022. Benz's legs will be gone at that time probably. Mbappe summer 2021, Haaland summer 2022. Makes too much sense for Real Madrid.
This is what I'm saying about being a player of Raiola though.

Will he want to stay at Real Madrid long enough before he feels like he wants to play in the PL?
Does that include another buy it out fee at Real Madrid? Whilst his current buy out clause isnt much - would Real Madrid buy him to have him for a couple of years and get sold on another buy out fee?

The guy has an idea of countries, leagues and clubs he wants to play in during 10-15 years.

As much as Real Madrid would love him as a player - I'm not sure they are a type of club that wants to feel undermined by a single football player. We saw how they treated Ronaldo and Bale.

Compare Haaland's interviews and what he has said to someone like Mbappe - I cant see the latter moving on once he moves to Madrid. He would likely see it as his epitome & will be there aslong as he is performing.

For me if Haaland moves to Real Madrid it's when he reaches his prime age and has been a consistent performer ready to give his best years to Madrid and no one else.

I see him having a career a bit like Ronaldo. Next stop will be England (maybe Italy or France), then spain and then finally playing his post prime age at Italy or France.

I dont see him being a loyal player to a club because he has a pathway he wants to take.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
This is what I'm saying about being a player of Raiola though.

Will he want to stay at Real Madrid long enough before he feels like he wants to play in the PL?
Does that include another buy it out fee at Real Madrid? Whilst his current buy out clause isnt much - would Real Madrid buy him to have him for a couple of years and get sold on another buy out fee?

The guy has an idea of countries, leagues and clubs he wants to play in during 10-15 years.

As much as Real Madrid would love him as a player - I'm not sure they are a type of club that wants to feel undermined by a single football player. We saw how they treated Ronaldo and Bale.

Compare Haaland's interviews and what he has said to someone like Mbappe - I cant see the latter moving on once he moves to Madrid. He would likely see it as his epitome & will be there aslong as he is performing.

For me if Haaland moves to Real Madrid it's when he reaches his prime age and has been a consistent performer ready to give his best years to Madrid and no one else.

I see him having a career a bit like Ronaldo. Next stop will be England (maybe Italy or France), then spain and then finally playing his post prime age at Italy or France.

I dont see him being a loyal player to a club because he has a pathway he wants to take.
I don't see Arsenal has any loyalty to Ozil/Wilshere/Iwobi, Man Utd to Jones/Rojo/Welbeck, Barcelona to Suarez/Alves/Messi. It is just a job. The player only needs to look after himself.

Edit
Lots of people see in-form/in demand players as an asset and appreciate in value for the club. My understanding of Haaland is he is offering his service for certain years at a cost, and the club can probably recover the cost and even make a profit after he finished the term and decide to move on, that's why his party insisted on release clause. For BVB the worst case is 2 year term for 18M with a release clause 63M, and BVB took it. 30 goals a season for 2 years and 45M profit waiting for them.

Ighalo's loan fee is rumored to be £4 - 6m a year with man utd paying half of his £300,000-a-week wages. Which one is a better deal?

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
or City??
His dad played there and they are looking for Agueros heir ... City will surely buy him for 200M
He could go to City but I think he’d be a better fit at Liverpool. Harry Kane I think would suit City better.
As Dve said he has a release clause of £68m so I think it’s someone pool would be very interested in..

Tibs

Like a release clause, and then off to Madrid in two years time.
Fine.

Because what he could have done in two years to push us forward would have been worth it. You'd have hoped that by then, we'd have been challenging for titles and silverwear, and can convince him to extend.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Just like any job, in order to encourage an employee to stay, you create an environment that he feels welcome, compensate/paid probably per his ability and also contribution to the company and in line with industry standard, and path for advancement for his career (in this case, trophy). The idea to use contract to lock up a player is so outdated. Player such as Hazard and Mbappe just simply refuse contract entension and the clubs are/will be force to sell them after 3 years anyway. Sancho in BVB didn't refuse extending his contract so it meant he doesn't mind staying there.

troylocker

Top scorer list for Nations league after 3 rounds (All groups and leagues):

Haaland 6 goals 1 assist
Sørloth 3 goals 2 assists
Jovetic 3 goals
The rest of Europe 2 goals or less

Norways front 2 looks to have something good going. Ødegaard also looked good yesterday.
Haaland could have had a couple more yesterday, but unlike him misfired 2 finishes. Still has 2 goals on average this NL campaign. The last one yesterday was a Golazo, like an unstoppable force. His stats just continues to blow the charts!

troylocker

I think Dortmund will try to sell before the clause kicks in
Im sure they would rather have £100m next summer than £68m the summer after
Agree
He might price himself out if he continues to deliver these numbers though. Will be a lot more than 100M if he scores 40+ all comps this season. Plus what he is doing for Norway...

Stretender

I think Dortmund will try to sell before the clause kicks in
Im sure they would rather have £100m next summer than £68m the summer after
Will they demand a full 100 million or instalments over several seasons in this covid market? I don't see any club paying 100 million cash at once for a player in the next 18 months.

Classical Mechanic

Top scorer list for Nations league after 3 rounds (All groups and leagues):

Haaland 6 goals 1 assist
Sørloth 3 goals 2 assists
Jovetic 3 goals
The rest of Europe 2 goals or less

Norways front 2 looks to have something good going. Ødegaard also looked good yesterday.
Haaland could have had a couple more yesterday, but unlike him misfired 2 finishes. Still has 2 goals on average this NL campaign. The last one yesterday was a Golazo, like an unstoppable force. His stats just continues to blow the charts!
It's a bit misleading really. Group A has so many strong sides the games have been generally low scoring. You can only really rank the top scorers against the groups they're in.

troylocker

It's a bit misleading really. Group A has so many strong sides the games have been generally low scoring. You can only really rank the top scorers against the groups they're in.
It will allways be a bit misleading since level of quality of opposition and quality of teammates will be different for anyone not playing in the same position for the same team really. It is what it is. 6 goals in 3 matches against "neighbours" on the FIFA-ranking is superb anyway you want to see it though.
The results in the different leagues and groups isn't very inflated though, because of the FIFA-rank based matching.

Dve

In the summer of 2022.

Dortmund's not going to settle for 68m if someone offers them way more than that in 2021.
There are conflicting reports on that. Some say his release clause kicks in 2022, others say 2021.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If there really is such a low release clause Dortmund's first priority will be to reach a deal similar to that with Sancho: in this case a hefty wage hike in exchange for a higher release clause. Whether the player is up for that is another question though.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Release clause + fat whack (excuse to the pun) of cash to Raiola as an agent fee and the transfer will definitely cost any potential buying club 100m+. Obviously at the rate he is developing and scoring, it will probably still represent value. But yeah, I'm pretty sure Raiola negotiated a "reasonable" buyout clause so that he can insist on a massive agent fee on top of it.

ovoxo

Shame we missed out. Half of Europe will be after him. Madrid, Bayern, Liverpool, City, Barca, Juve all have reasons to go for him.

Be interesting to see if we go back for him, especially if Greenwood is expected to play Striker long term.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Will they demand a full 100 million or instalments over several seasons in this covid market? I don't see any club paying 100 million cash at once for a player in the next 18 months.
dunno - but given the sancho negotiations Id assume that whatever they say is probably the truth and hanging around assuming they are going to change their mind probably isnt the best strategy

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Not only that. Clubs will also pay smaller wages. I believe a big part of the reason Sancho wasn't really pushing for a move was that no club offered him a salary that turned his head completely.

Good for Dortmund. Sure, they're great at identifying, convincing and developing elite talents. But Sancho and Haaland will be incredibly hard to replace so the longer they can keep hold of them the better for the BVB.

GameOn

Shame we missed out. Half of Europe will be after him. Madrid, Bayern, Liverpool, City, Barca, Juve all have reasons to go for him.

Be interesting to see if we go back for him, especially if Greenwood is expected to play Striker long term.
I really think it will be either Bayern (as heir to Lewandowski) or a Premier League club.

Real are throwing all their money at Mbappe and possibly Camavinga next summer.

Barca are on the verge of going bankrupt and I really doubt they'll be able to afford such a huge transfer in the next year or two.

Juve have written red numbers this year, too.

PSG is a possibility of course (especially after Mbappe leaves), but I doubt Haaland wants to go to the French league. Not even trying to downplay the French league, it's just that Haaland seems like a guy with a clear idea of how his career should play out and the French league doesn't fit in at this point of his career.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
In the summer of 2022.

Dortmund's not going to settle for 68m if someone offers them way more than that in 2021.
It is not just up to BVB, you also need to convince the player and his agent to agree the move as well. The player is not a product you sell to the highest bidder any time you wanted. The player and his agent will ensure that will be the right move at the right time for his career. That is exactly the reason Haaland pick BVB over other clubs this January. The logical step for him is to replace one of the big name striker in the big clubs like Aguero in City, Lewandowski in Bayern, or Benz in Real, and that will not be next summer.

Last edited:

Skills

Snitch
It is not just up to BVB, you also need to convince the player and his agent to agree the move as well. The player is not a product you sell to the highest bidder any time you wanted. The player and his agent will ensure that will be the right move at the right time for his career. That is exactly the reason Haaland pick BVB over other clubs this January. The logical step for him is to replace one of the big name striker in the big clubs like Aguero in City, Lewandowski in Bayern, or Benz in Real, and that will not be next summer.
Plus he must've known when he put that release clause in, that he can get a feck load more money in the form of a signing on bonus when he leaves for that price.