Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

Nero

How is it even possible to only complete 2 passes playing in this City team.

Ted1985

As usual wasn't involved in the build up. Foden really should have squared the ball for a simple tap in but chose to shoot. Showed his strength in assisting the first goal after a one-two with Gundo. Missed a decent chance just before he was subd off, miscued the shot. Had another half chance in the first half from an over the top ball from Cancelo, could have scored if he controlled the ball. Seemed a tad frustrated at times at KDB and Mahrez not looking for him. You can say his presence occupies the CBs so there is more space for the others. An average performance from the Big man.

Thanks a lot, much appreciated! At least he got one assist out of this. Might have to change my fantasy captain if he keeps going like this.

Lecland07

So, he is essentially a pure goal scorer. Seems like he wouldn't have been a great signing for Manutd, anyway, considering we can't hold onto possession.

Ted1985

I hope he got such few passes because he is out there doing crazy elite off the ball movement around the CBs, which gives other more space and he is ready near the goal if the ball goes his way.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
So, he is essentially a pure goal scorer. Seems like he wouldn't have been a great signing for Manutd, anyway, considering we can't hold onto possession.
He'd be a great signing for any club who could afford him. I personally don't care about these twitter shite which almost everyone seem to only live by, players spend a whole game without being able to achieve what he did for Gundogan's goal. He can create a goal or an assist by himself. If one can't see what his presence brings on the pitch if he doesn't score, then they should stop watching football.

Only injuries can stop this guy.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Evidence builds he probably won't improve City's goal total from last season. They'll be different but not necessarily better.

Anderson_7_

I tried to tell y'all... but you didn't want to listen. I hope yesterday was a reality check for everyone who thinks Haaland is a ''world class'' player.

he's more similar to Lukaku than Nunez is.
I don't see how he doesn't get benched unless he makes improvements to his all-round game.

Right now, he's too one-dimensional to make a difference in key games and Baldy knows it. Alvarez will be doing heavy lifting.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think Carragher was right and I think the same for Phillips. Both were bought with the CL in mind. They needed something different in those games to get over the line. I think both will help that.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I tried to tell y'all... but you didn't want to listen. I hope yesterday was a reality check for everyone who thinks Haaland is a ''world class'' player.
He is world class.

But of course let's judge him on one game. :lol:

ti vu

I think Carragher was right and I think the same for Phillips. Both were bought with the CL in mind. They needed something different in those games to get over the line. I think both will help that.
Haaland I can understand. What Kalvin-Phillips offers in CL that they hadn't had? I meant the guy never played in CL.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Haaland I can understand. What Kalvin-Phillips offers in CL that they hadn't had? I meant the guy never played in CL.
Extra security in midfield. In some games they needed to protect a lead and they were leaking goals, he will help with that.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is world class.

I don't know who is worse, you saying he is world class based on his Dortmund career, despite every single average attacking player looking world class there or him judging him affter couple of games.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't know who is worse, you saying he is world class based on his Dortmund career, despite every single average attacking player looking world class there or him judging him affter couple of games.
Haaland has the CL performances and stats to back him up. Not just the Bundesliga. He also has two goals and an assist in his first two PL games. It would be daft to say he isn’t a world class player.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He is world class.

Whether you agree or not or whatever, he clearly isn't judging Haaland off of one game as he made his posts before yesterday's match.

cyberman

He had the same impact in the West Ham game before the keeper brought him down. Could be a problem for them moving forward

justsomebloke

(Not so) fun fact:

Manchester United xG after two games: 2.32
Erling Haaland xG after two games: 2.39

pablotatt

His movement and presence created the space for Foden's goal. You don't need to touch the ball to influence the game.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Whether you agree or not or whatever, he clearly isn't judging Haaland off of one game as he made his posts before yesterday's match.
Obvious troll is obvious though. Repeating the same nonsense over and over again and waiting for bites.

White Lukaku is going to get humbled real quick and will be be off to Madrid or Bayern in no time.

City plays football that doesn't suit him at all. He'll struggle to score 10 league goals.
Sam Lee basically confirmed he's Injured already (go check his replies on twitter). He was absent from all training pics and vids.

And people in this thread were laughing when I said he would struggle to score 10 league goals.

He could be City's Hazard.
We have another Werner on our hands! Another striker that was developed in Germany turns out to be a fraud! Who's surprised?

Like I said before, he'll struggle to score 10 league goals.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
How else are we meant to judge him world class?

His record where ever he has been is phenomenal, be that Molde, Salzburg, Dortmund or indeed the national team.

Quite clear he is world class, I think anyone with half a brain can see that.

Charles Miller

He is going to score a lot of goals because he is an excellent striker. But i supect they didn't sign hm for the Premier League, where he is surrounded by a forest of legs in the adversary box. He is there to win the Champions League, those matches where there are much more space to run freely, so Pep can show us the superiority of his financial tactics.

As i always said, in the end this is the actual catalan cruyffism: pass the ball to Cruyff, pass the ball to Romario, to Ronaldo, to Rivaldo, to Ronaldinho, to Messi, to Haaland.

Nero

This thread, Halaand goes missing for 1 match and he's a freud

Rashford goes missing for 24 months, he needs a clean slate.

You just can't help being bitter
Rashford is one of the most hated and abused players on this forum.

Renegade

RVN would have stats like this I bet but back then people weren’t so obsessed with data and statistics.

His movement and presence created the space for Foden's goal. You don't need to touch the ball to influence the game.
Correct. Bournemouth defence was so shit scared of him they marked him out the game, freeing up the players around him.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Haaland created the opening goal and he terrified the defenders so much they followed him everywhere, opening up space for the other goals.

He's never going to play tiki taka but he's going to ruin the lives of defenders in this league.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Haaland has the CL performances and stats to back him up. Not just the Bundesliga. He also has two goals and an assist in his first two PL games. It would be daft to say he isn’t a world class player.
Ronaldo was great last year in CL too, but I don't think he is anywhere near world class. I am sure Lukaku had his years in CL too.

I am jot saying he is not world class, he could well be the best player in the world until end of this year, but he still needs to prove feck all, IMO.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Ronaldo was great last year in CL too, but I don't think he is anywhere near world class. I am sure Lukaku had his years in CL too.

I am jot saying he is not world class, he could well be the best player in the world until end of this year, but he still needs to prove feck all, IMO.
Haaland has more goals than games played in the CL playing for Salzburg and Dortmund. He’s done it over several seasons too and scored against some of the top clubs in the competition while doing so.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Haaland is averaging a goal per game in every club he has played for including the national team and in the Champions League he is the fastest and youngest player to reach 20 goals, as well as holding the best goal per minute played rating in the competitions history with one goal per 64 minutes played.

People are saying he is world class for the sum of all the parts. 2g1a in 2 games(minus one goal that he should have had had Foden passed the ball instead of pissing off Pep so hard he got subbed off instead) is not exactly poor or average is it.

You look at the totality instead of throwing arguments out with no weight to them. Or your world class standard is somewhere between Messi and Maradona only.

Ted1985

His off the ball movement will make it easier to destroy defensive teams. His stats will hurt, but his team will love him. Only way to explain his stats the last game is because he has 1 or more players marking him. So much more space then for KDB and others

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
He didn't touch the ball often but you very rarely see City with the kind of space that Gundogan, De Bruyne and Foden had when they scored each of their goals. That was only possible because Bournemouth had to use two, sometimes three defenders to look after Haaland. First goal is a great example- nobody was available to pick up Gundogan.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
His off the ball movement will make it easier to destroy defensive teams. His stats will hurt, but his team will love him. Only way to explain his stats the last game is because he has 1 or more players marking him. So much more space then for KDB and others
He didn't touch the ball often but you very rarely see City with the kind of space that Gundogan, De Bruyne and Foden had when they scored each of their goals. That was only possible because Bournemouth had to use two, sometimes three defenders to look after Haaland. First goal is a great example- nobody was available to pick up Gundogan.
It’s not a big ask to expect one of the supposed best strikers in the world to occupy defenders and be a lot more involved than Haaland was at the weekend. It’s not like loads of strikers haven’t achieved this before.