Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

AndySmith1990

My thoughts on City signing him is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Think they'd have been better off keeping Sterling and Jesus, they were a better fit

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Not really, I don't like players like him but he seems like a fun guy tbf, as a person I think he is quite decent guy, so enough for me to like him.

But have you read the hype around him when he was at Dortmund, many thought he is one of top3 players in the world, good as Benzema, easily the best player in the world in two three years, etc.?
The goals he was scoring and the rate he scores them at provided the data for everyone to believe that. It’s not an outlandish statement to think he would be one of the best or the best in the world in next few seasons.

Skills

Snitch
Talk about his all-round game all you want, but he's always a fecking threat. Every single game, he'll have a couple of chances

Red the Bear

Something less generic
One of his biggest attribute is the runs he makes behind the defense and in Bundesliga he was afforded plenty of space to exploit that, he won't get that at city, needs to work on the other dimensions of his game.

He would have banged a ton of goals under Ole ironically.

Would still bang a ton of goals due to being a physical specimen.

El Jefe

Talk about his all-round game all you want, but he's always a fecking threat. Every single game, he'll have a couple of chances
And he's still getting used to City and the league. A lot of posters in hear will feel silly in a few years.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
One of his biggest attribute is the runs he makes behind the defense and in Bundesliga he was afforded plenty of space to exploit that, he won't get that at city, needs to work on the other dimensions of his game.

He would have banged a ton of goals under Ole ironically.

Would still bang a ton of goals die to being a physical specimen.
He’s had 2 one on ones this game already. He needs hardly any space at all to get those chances just due to his speed alone. He makes chances out of nothing from runs no-one else can.

Eriku

3 in 3, plus an assist, and you’ll still get people gleefully going «welcome to the Premier League» like he’s struggling. If this is him having a hard time…

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
3 in 3, plus an assist, and you’ll still get people gleefully going «welcome to the Premier League» like he’s struggling. If this is him having a hard time…
He would have more too if people like Foden weren’t so greedy.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He’s had 2 one on ones this game already. He needs hardly any space at all to get those chances just due to his speed alone. He makes chances out of nothing from runs no-one else can.
He'll get plenty but definitely as much as he used to.

I'm sure he'll score plenty of goals to easily justify the price tag but if he wants to reach the goal ratio he did at DVB he would need to still improve.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He'll get plenty but definitely as much as he used to.

I'm sure he'll score plenty of goals to easily justify the price tag but if he wants to reach the goal ratio he did at DVB he would need to still improve.
He scored 62 league goals in 67 league games for Dortmund. He’s scored 3 goals in 3 league games for City. All while games like today where he hits the post, misses two one and ones, and constantly gets chances. If he was scoring freak goals I’d get your point but right now he’s scoring at the same ridiculous rate with the same kinds of goals.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The comments in here don't even correlate with the game. There's too much eagerness to state he's a write-off or one-dimensional, early doors in a game - at least let things play out before proclaiming the guy is not meeting expectations.

He's got the kind of pace and power to match his movement that you're going to have to ask yourself how many other strikers you've seen that in before.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He scored 62 league goals in 67 league games for Dortmund. He’s scored 3 goals in 3 league games for City. All while games like today where he hits the post, misses two one and ones, and constantly gets chances. If he was scoring freak goals I’d get your point but right now he’s scoring at the same ridiculous rate with the same kinds of goals.
Pogba had 7 assist after 3 games last season you can't necessarily extrapolate that, plus city still haven't played any of the big boys yet(I do wonder what his xg has been however).

From the eye test I think he still has some work to do insay he comfortably hits the 20 goal barrier but I don't think he's anywhere close to having a 30 + goal season or putting up insane peak Messi Ronaldo numbers yet.

Remind me in when the season's over I'll gladly eat up my words if he proved me wrong.

(I definitely hope he doesn't though :lol: )

Bobski

The comments in here don't even correlate with the game. There's too much eagerness to state he's a write-off or one-dimensional, early doors in a game - at least let things play out before proclaiming the guy is not meeting expectations.

He's got the kind of pace and power to match his movement that you're going to have to ask yourself how many other strikers you've seen that in before.
Original Ronaldo had similar freak athleticism where he was just bouncing players like they were children, other than that I can't think of anyone who comes close to his mutant physicality, it just looks different when he is at full speed. Maybe a little bit of Adriano?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Pogba had 7 assist after 3 games last season you can't necessarily extrapolate that, plus city still haven't played any of the big boys yet(I do wonder what his xg has been however).

From the eye test I think he still has some work to do insay he comfortably hits the 20 goal barrier but I don't think he's anywhere close to having a 30 + goal season or putting up insane peak Messi Ronaldo numbers yet.

Remind me in when the season's over I'll gladly eat up my words if he proved me wrong.

He’s already had a 40+ goal season for Dortmund.

Skills

Snitch

He had 2.39 XG in the first 2 games. I reckon he's had at least 1 XG this game

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
The goals he was scoring and the rate he scores them at provided the data for everyone to believe that. It’s not an outlandish statement to think he would be one of the best or the best in the world in next few seasons.
Like Sancho, Mhiktaryan, Kagawa, all stayed one of the best players in the world once they left Dortmund?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He’s already had a 40+ goal season for Dortmund.
Meant in prem, already said in my previous post that I don't think he's gonna hit those numbers in the prem... yet.
He had 2.39 XG in the first 2 games. I reckon he's had at least 1 XG this game
So pretty much where he is at.
The sample size is obviously still too small obviously, would be interesting to see where he is at after jan.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Like Sancho, Mhiktaryan, Kagawa, all stayed one of the best players in the world once they left Dortmund?
I don’t remember any of them doing the things Haaland has managed to do so far in the CL or at international level.

20 goals in 21 games for Norway.
23 goals in 19 CL games.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Haaland gets to that pass Longstaff played to Pope just now. His short distance acceleration is just best in the league.

Haaland has been really good today. Silvas equalizer is a perfect example where he draws the defenders, allow KDB to play him through. Ideally he should have scored 3 today. He just gets chances.

3G1A in 3G so far. Right on par with his career stats.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don’t remember any of them doing the things Haaland has managed to do so far in the CL or at international level.
What? Some of them literally played CL finals and semifinals with Dortmund and won the Bundesliga league against mighty Bayern.

All of them did well with their national team too, except Sancho maybe.

Blood Mage

He's a monster but weirdly I still don't feel like he suits Pep's style and they might well be a better team without him.

Nero

Spent most of the game looking a bit clumsy and giving the ball away. Scored a goal though so the narrative changes.

padr81

Supports
Man City
3 goals and an assist in 3 games. If Foden wasn't a greedy cnut, it'd be 5 goals and an assist in 3 games. He's so powerful, pushes big 6ft plus defenders around like they're nothing. His goal from nothing changed the game today.

izec

Fantastic player. Those runs he makes are world class. You cannot defend it, as he is quick and strong.

Acquire Me

I dread the day his teammates and him understand each other. Only positive this season is that we are not going to challenge them for the title.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Haaland gets to that pass Longstaff played to Pope just now. His short distance acceleration is just best in the league.

Haaland has been really good today. Silvas equalizer is a perfect example where he draws the defenders, allow KDB to play him through. Ideally he should have scored 3 today. He just gets chances.

3G1A in 3G so far. Right on par with his career stats.
Foden could have made it to, if he hadn't turned into a lazy cnut.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
What's funny is how quickly the thread changed narrative as soon as he scored that goal. Before that it was all doom and gloom and now he's back to being a monster. I guess with a player like him, it's really all about the goals and little else.

Cpt Negative

3 goals and an assist in 3 games. If Foden wasn't a greedy cnut, it'd be 5 goals and an assist in 3 games. He's so powerful, pushes big 6ft plus defenders around like they're nothing. His goal from nothing changed the game today.
goal from nothing? It fell to him 5 yards out. Not like he hit one from 30 yards

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What? Some of them literally played CL finals and semifinals with Dortmund and won the Bundesliga league against mighty Bayern.

All of them did well with their national team too, except Sancho maybe.
Their stats are naff in the CL compared to Haaland.

Haaland 26 G + A in 19 games.
Kagawa 12 G + A in 33 games.
Mkhitaryan 6 G+ A in 42 games.
Sancho 12 G + A in 28 games.

You’ve named 3 players and Haaland is only 4 G+ A behind them in the CL in total despite playing less games than them all individually.