Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't understand the notion that Martial would be any kind of factor in chasing Haaland. If we were talking about a player like Lukaku instead of Martial, I could understand and even then I'd think the competition would be good and improve depth but it'd really be a similar type of player coming in. Martial is not Lukaku, he is absolutely complementary with a player like Haaland. It's just baffling that Martial's name gets brought up in a decision to chase a talent like Haaland, Martial will have his role to play regardless and can actually facilitate Haaland's transition to the PL.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Getting Pogba back is like a new signing is Ole’s latest line. And that will get plenty of mileage.
Actually I think the January line is going to be something like ‘We have players coming back from injury and the youngsters are knocking on the door so the squad is in good shape now’
Until we have a tumescent 0-0 home draw against Brighton or whoever with zero shots on goal.

Stevies

Sorry to say but rumours says Haaland is going to Dortmund. And it's fair to say that he will get much more support and therefore goals there. Götze, Sancho, Hazard etc. Hopefull Solskjaer can promise him new exciting players to support him. I sure would be skeptic should Pereira, Mata and Lingard assist me as a goalscorer!

sp_107

Can someone explain why we are offering 76M as per papers when his release clause is at 20M ?

Lemansky

Sorry to say but rumours says Haaland is going to Dortmund. And it's fair to say that he will get much more support and therefore goals there. Götze, Sancho, Hazard etc. Hopefull Solskjaer can promise him new exciting players to support him. I sure would be skeptic should Pereira, Mata and Lingard assist me as a goalscorer!
The only ones I have heard talking up those rumours is Jan Åge, and that guy knows nothing.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I don't think he needs to worry about game time, he will have some of our primadonnas benched in no time.

Stevies

The only ones I have heard talking up those rumours is Jan Åge, and that guy knows nothing.
In general, maybe. But since this is a norwegian player and the link between him and Erlings father.

Lemansky

In general, maybe. But since this is a norwegian player and the link between him and Erlings father.
Many Norwegian sources I rate a lot higher than Jan Åge says differently. I heard the interview with Jan live earlier. He is full of shit. He spends more time with the Royal Family than football people, that’s for sure. He said many times: “ I believe/think”. It’s just his opinion.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Many Norwegian sources I rate a lot higher than Jan Åge says differently. I heard the interview with Jan live earlier. He is full of shit. He spends more time with the Royal Family than football people, that’s for sure. He said many times: “ I believe/think”. It’s just his opinion.
Which sources and what do they say?

Lemansky

Which sources and what do they say?
The second biggest paper in Norway, Dagbladet has been adamant all the way that we are favourites. Their chief football writer in charge the main guy behind it, and he is not into football rumours in general. There has also been stuff in VG and TV2. All has been linked in this thread to the saga.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can someone explain why we are offering 76M as per papers when his release clause is at 20M ?
Sitting here working

Because the papers write absolute bullshit.
Some articles have been consistent with each other tbf (although I cannot recall which ones come to mind off the top of my head)

Leipzig have a 20m price as they are the partner club. We would have to fork out a higher amount (perhaps 76m is part that and part Raiola's fat fees?)

Seems a stupid difference in numbers though, I agree.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Okay Jan Age

Teja

Some articles have been consistent with each other tbf (although I cannot recall which ones come to mind off the top of my head)

Leipzig have a 20m price as they are the partner club. We would have to fork out a higher amount (perhaps 76m is part that and part Raiola's fat fees?)

What do you mean by partner club? He plays for Leipzig and it’s not a part ownership / loan deal, so any transfer fees are owed to just Leipzig.

Even if you put the fat man’s fees at 5M (very steep considering Raiola is not even his agent), there’s a long way to go between 20M and 70M.

sherrinford

I don’t think Red Bull are allowed to do that - if they accept a £20 million bid from Leipzig they cannot reject the same value from another club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What do you mean by partner club? He plays for Leipzig and it’s not a part ownership / loan deal, so any transfer fees are owed to just Leipzig.

Even if you put the fat man’s fees at 5M (very steep considering Raiola is not even his agent), there’s a long way to go between 20M and 70M.
I don’t think Red Bull are allowed to do that - if they accept a £20 million bid from Leipzig they cannot reject the same value from another club.
I'm not an expert on fees but I'm sure Raiolas commissions would shock anyone, agent or advisor.
The 20m price for Leipzig was lifted from a Guardian website which articulated some rumours their sources had heard. Besides, Leipzig are out of the running (if latest reports are to be believed) so we will find out his transfer fee sooner or later. Dortmund shouldn't be paying less than us.

LInkash

Playing devil's advocate, how can we have two players, Martial and Haaland, who both expect to start? Not even Liverpool have that depth, they have Origi, Shakiri and Minamimo, who are natural back-ups.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Playing devil's advocate, how can we have two players, Martial and Haaland, who both expect to start? Not even Liverpool have that depth, they have Origi, Shakiri and Minamimo, who are natural back-ups.
If Haaland signs and lives up to the hype Martial will be gone in 18 months

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Controversial as this might be to some, but Haaland isn’t being signed to play alongside Martial. I think he’s his replacement.

It’s greenwood I’d be concerned for, but if Ole thinks he can find time for both then so he it.

I’d lose no sleep about fecking Martial off of it came to it for someone better, that’s football. Don’t do the job, be replaced.

And if he’s any good; he shouldn’t worry about a player coming in - should get on and protect his starting spot.

Skåre Willoch

No player should expect to start unless your performances makes you undroppable.
If Martial expects to start every game, he should start by playing better more often. Because he's approaching 25, has been at the club for a few years, and we've only seen him perform in bursts.

If some healthy competition from a teenager (well, two actually) doesn't light a fire in him to start performing better consistently to keep his place, then he should go to a club where he's considered the best player, because that's where he'll be guaranteed to start every game. Right now though, I wouldn't know which club that is.

And I like Martial. I do. I just think he should start living up to our (and probably his own) expectations.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
By that logic Liverpool shouldn't have signed Mane, Firmino and Salah because they had Coutinho, Sturridge and Benteke.

Nick7

If Haaland is better than Martial up front he’ll play.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
By that logic Liverpool shouldn't have signed Mane, Firmino and Salah because they had Coutinho, Sturridge and Benteke.
Yep. You always sign players for the first XI, not players you already view as backups. Only way to improve the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.