Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

Some media are now reporting that he is looking for a new home - in Dortmund. Looks like he definitely wants to stay this summer and don't transfer somewhere else.
Ever since the ESL died and the £500mil each of those clubs would have gotten to spend, its probably killed off his chances of leaving especially for the price dortmund want this summer.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Ever since the ESL died and the £500mil each of those clubs would have gotten to spend, its probably killed off his chances of leaving especially for the price dortmund want this summer.
That's probably true, as well as that Dortmunds turnaround ensured he will play in the CL next season again. Having won his first title in Germany now and having the chance to compete in the CL again is a much better motivation to stay than what was expected at that time - Dortmund missing CL and having a total shipwreck of a season.

Magz

He just scored another. He's having an insane season, especially considering he's 20. 40 goals and 12 assists in 41 matches, and there's still 70 minutes left to be played in today's match.

Magz

It's his second 40+ goals season in a row.. At 20..

Kane who?

FatTails

Posted this in the German football thread. He’s a player.

Erling Haaland becomes the first player under 21 to reach the 40-goal mark in a season with a club in the top 5 European leagues since Ronaldo with Barcelona in 1996/97.

Magz

He ended up with a brace. What a season.

41 matches
41 goals
12 assists

Haaland has almost singlehandedly carried Dortmund for the past season and a half. We need to get him whatever the costs.

Last edited:

pascell

Wouldn't be afford as much space to run in behind the defence in the PL than BL. The BL is a great league for attackers as defences play too high of a line.

Shaw Mee Tah Mané

Wouldn't be afford as much space to run in behind the defence in the PL than BL. The BL is a great league for attackers as defences play too high of a line.
Thats correct, but he still scored 10 of those 41 goals in CL, and 2 in the cupfinal.

UTD_Since_1978

I've got a message for the Glazers, Ole & the inept transfer negotiators we have at this club...buy him & Sancho.

Of course, sadly that won't happen.

Mr Smith

All the noise coming out at the moment is that he's settled in Dortmund and is going to stay another season. Could have gone another way if they didn't get CL football, but now that they have I think he's staying. I'm sure over the next 12 months Dortmund will be doing everything they can to get him to sign an extension that voids the 60mil release clause for next season, even if they insist it doesn't exist.

I honestly think we have a better chance of signing Kane than Haaland, even in 12 months.

OleBoiii

Big fan of Haaland and he's obviously had a world class season.

But Lewandowski broke a 50 year old goalscoring record, so it should be his based on that.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Why does a German award have the language written on it in English. Odd.
This is the result of a fan voting sponsored by EA/FIFA 21. It is official Bundesliga stuff, but that's where the sponsoring comes from and it is targeted at an international audience.

A-man

It feels like he is built for the PL. However has he been playing well against PL teams? I can only remember him playing against City (2 matches no goals) and Liverpool (2 matches 1 goal).

UTD_Since_1978

It feels like he is built for the PL. However has he been playing well against PL teams? I can only remember him playing against City (2 matches no goals) and Liverpool (2 matches 1 goal).
Didn't the mighty Messi go about 10 games against English teams in the UCL before finally scoring against an English team?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Odd award, odd picture. how did he win this ahead of Lewi?
This is a "fan" voting and I am not sure what kind of fans vote there. But I do think that there is much more hype about Haaland being the next big thing in the international media than about Lewandowski. Should Lewandowski have won this? Surely yes. But he is older and he will not be part of a transfer saga. That seems to be enough for stupid people who are voting in this to vote for Haaland.

432JuanMata

This guys potential isn’t much higher than his level now which is weird for a 20 year old as he has most of the things too young players lack. His decision making, his runs, his strength is so mature reminds me of a player in his prime at 28. Though even if he didn’t improve he would still score 40+ a season wherever he is he is a strong target man with pace and a good first touch who knows where the net is, it’s hard to find a player with all of them attributes.
If he does improve god help playing against him and what his numbers would be

A-man

Absolute dross like Bamford and DCL are getting 15+ goals and you think Messi might struggle?
Well if you consider that the level of DCL would be enough for Messi to be succesful, then I guess not. But when I talk about Haaland and Messi I expect more than DCL and his 40 PL goals in his entire career.

Pickle85

Fabulous player but looks like the evil rival in some kind of teen ski movie. Extraordinarily punchable face and on that basis it's a no from me.

11 forwards

Supports
Rosenborg
Fabulous player but looks like the evil rival in some kind of teen ski movie. Extraordinarily punchable face and on that basis it's a no from me.
What has punchability got to do with it?

True, he's norwegian and thus a skilled skier. His way of sprinting also resembles extremely fast cross-country skiing.

He checks even those boxes. Get him!

Last edited:

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Ole and the club are going to have a pretty good idea about whether he is seriously considering United next summer, and we'll get a good read on it too going by how hard we push for Kane and whether we sign Sancho.

Things could be falling into place nicely with this by September. If Kane goes to a rival that would presumably rule them out of this one. Cavani surely won't give us a third season, and if Sancho is on board it can only help our chances further. The prospect is mouth-watering

croadyman

Ole and the club are going to have a pretty good idea about whether he is seriously considering United next summer, and we'll get a good read on it too going by how hard we push for Kane and whether we sign Sancho.

Things could be falling into place nicely with this by September. If Kane goes to a rival that would presumably rule them out of this one. Cavani surely won't give us a third season, and if Sancho is on board it can only help our chances further. The prospect is mouth-watering
Yeah if we had City/Chelsea like money then could cherry pick our top targets in all key positions and also rival City for Kane as well however we don't so we have to take the sensible approach even though it means we lose out to them lot

11 forwards

Supports
Rosenborg
His same age cousin, Jonatan Braut, netted his first goal in norwegian top flight yesterday.

Quality finish. Also looks surprisingly similar. Could be a poor mans Braut.

theklr

Somewhat vague about staying in Dortmund, but we all know we truth dont we

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

I think he's staying one more season. This year is Sancho's turn to leave after all the rumours last season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s the striker we need. Happy to work in the shadows and try and agree a deal for next summer. Let the rest of them fight over Kanye this summer.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
You're right, when I see Andre Silva scored 28 goals which was 1 more than Haaland then I would say even Kane probably would score more than Levi's on that league.

jackal&hyde

Why does a German award have the language written on it in English. Odd.
International star an all that. Haaland and Sancho are the few reasons the World looks at that league outside of Bayer Munich.

He stays imo as it makes no sense to pay double this summer then next.

Status
Not open for further replies.