Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magz

You're right, when I see Andre Silva scored 28 goals which was 1 more than Haaland then I would say even Kane probably would score more than Levi's on that league.
He most certainly wouldn't.

UTD_Since_1978

We have to get him next season, we so need a top class striker especially as Cavani will almost certainly leave next summer & Rashford & Martial don't look as if they will be winning PL top scorer of the season. Rashy normally brings in about 14 PL goals per season & Martial about the same, I want someone who will be getting nearer Kane's tally for a PL season around the 25 mark or ideally higher.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
beginning to look like he won't be going anywhere this summer - unless Dortmund decide/need to cash in. He's pretty much said he respects contracts, they've pretty much told suitors not to bother (as they did last year with Sancho)

Remember the geese

beginning to look like he won't be going anywhere this summer - unless Dortmund decide/need to cash in. He's pretty much said he respects contracts, they've pretty much told suitors not to bother (as they did last year with Sancho)
Yeah it was obvious that they wouldn't be selling Sancho and Haaland in the same window. This year Sancho, next year Haaland, year after Bellingham.

Offsideagain

I was convinced Haaland would be at City next season but the signs are Kane will be there and Haaland will stay at BVD. Don’t rule out Haaland going to City the season after though when things are , hopefully, back to normal. Still hope we move Greenwood to the middle, Sancho on the right and Rashford on the left with Grealish backing them up.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I just can't see Haaland coming here after he already turned down Ole once when he had less buzz about him. Now? Forget about it IMO.

Woodzy

I just can't see Haaland coming here after he already turned down Ole once when he had less buzz about him. Now? Forget about it IMO.
Did he really turn Ole down though? I thought the transfer was simply a non-starter because we wouldn’t accept any sort of release clause.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Did he really turn Ole down though? I fought the transfer was simply a non-starter because we wouldn’t accept any sort of release clause.
I guess it depends who you ask, it's mostly from the United camp that you hear that reasoning, and from Haaland's camp it had nothing to do with that, but he simply chose Dortmund over United. Who knows what the truth is, but I feel if he really wanted to come to United, it would have been done one way or the other, but he seemed indifferent to it and that's concerning for United's future chances. The competition for him is only going to get stiffer at this point, and I just don't see how someone who turned down United once already is going to change his mind when the entire football world will be making eyes at him next summer.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Totally agree. A 20 year old, 6’4” giant who runs like the wind and can out muscle most any CB in the world, scores bags of goals in the highest levels of competition, has sublime movement inside the box and in the final third. Basically, Zlatan 2.0. Why would we need him when we’ve got Tony Martial?
Zlatan is his idol, but in fairness he's not really Zlatan 2.0. There's only one Ibra imo. I see Haaland as closer to the next Ruud.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Zlatan is his idol, but in fairness he's not really Zlatan 2.0. There's only one Ibra imo. I see Haaland as closer to the next Ruud.
Funnily enough I actually think he’s more like “the new Ruud” Klass-Jan Huntelaar, albeit on steroids.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Funnily enough I actually think he’s more like “the new Ruud” Klass-Jan Huntelaar, albeit on steroids.
Precisely. A lab experiment on an island to create the next Ruud van Nistelrooy that went terribly wrong.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I was convinced Haaland would be at City next season but the signs are Kane will be there and Haaland will stay at BVD. Don’t rule out Haaland going to City the season after though when things are , hopefully, back to normal. Still hope we move Greenwood to the middle, Sancho on the right and Rashford on the left with Grealish backing them up.
Rashfords current form grealish would take that spot

Highfather_24

We wont go after Kane, thinking we will go for Haaland, and then Haaland will end up going elsewhere.

WIll be typical United.

dinostar77

Since the ESL collapsed, he was gonna stay. Riola asking for £1mil a week sounded nuts until the ESL details came out and then it made sense why he would ask for such an outrageous and silly amount.

A-man

Since the ESL collapsed, he was gonna stay. Riola asking for £1mil a week sounded nuts until the ESL details came out and then it made sense why he would ask for such an outrageous and silly amount.
I think the collapse of the ESL was the worst that could happen Haaland and his greedy little agent.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Perhaps this isn't what you meant, but we aren't going to pay an arm and a leg for Grealish to have him be a back-up.

croadyman

He’s the striker we need. Happy to work in the shadows and try and agree a deal for next summer. Let the rest of them fight over Kanye this summer.
Do you think the opportunity to reignite his partnership IF we get Jadon this summer would give us the edge

BarstoolProphet

I guess it depends who you ask, it's mostly from the United camp that you hear that reasoning, and from Haaland's camp it had nothing to do with that, but he simply chose Dortmund over United. Who knows what the truth is, but I feel if he really wanted to come to United, it would have been done one way or the other, but he seemed indifferent to it and that's concerning for United's future chances. The competition for him is only going to get stiffer at this point, and I just don't see how someone who turned down United once already is going to change his mind when the entire football world will be making eyes at him next summer.
Haaland's camp has already stated that it was mainly down to that they felt that Ole wanted him, the club not so much and also that Dortmund is good at developing players. Considering that Ole's has never been as unsecure as it was back then, then it makes sense that he alone couldn't convince Haaland to join us.

theklr

Haaland's camp has already stated that it was mainly down to that they felt that Ole wanted him, the club not so much and also that Dortmund is good at developing players. Considering that Ole's has never been as unsecure as it was back then, then it makes sense that he alone couldn't convince Haaland to join us.
Well that is correct, the club didnt want that Raiola clause with the buyout while Dortmund accepted it. But Haalands camp was also worried that going straight to PL from Austria could be too difficult and hamper his development.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Do you think the opportunity to reignite his partnership IF we get Jadon this summer would give us the edge
It will always help us in theory, but I am convinced that what we need is as much off the pitch than it is on it, sadly.

DSG

It’s a lazy comparison, I give you that. He has a sprinkling of a number of strikers: power + pace like Ronaldo (Brazilian), height and agility of Zlatan, poacher’s mentality like Ruud. If he continues to improve, he will be incomparable, like all the greats are.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Am I the only one that is happy to see him have one more season before making him (potentially) the most expensive striker in the world?

I'm still not convinced his overall game is absolutely elite level, and scoring goals in the Bundesliga isn't a proven barometer. His CL record provides some evidence that he could translate it to the 'big' stage, but if he wants to be in the Messi/Ronaldo levels (which the fee would point to) I don't think he's there yet.

Andersons Dietician

Am I the only one that is happy to see him have one more season before making him (potentially) the most expensive striker in the world?

I'm still not convinced his overall game is absolutely elite level, and scoring goals in the Bundesliga isn't a proven barometer. His CL record provides some evidence that he could translate it to the 'big' stage, but if he wants to be in the Messi/Ronaldo levels (which the fee would point to) I don't think he's there yet.
To be honest the fee isn’t going to be an issue as if he moves next summer the fee is a reported 65mil buyout.

I wouldn’t mind watching another year but generally I think he’s ready. Not sure he’d score at the rate he has been doing and think some of it is more down to the generous space afforded attackers by Bundesliga defences. But he just has that ability of knowing where to be, where to make his run for the ball to find him. I’m just wary of say he moved to United how he’d do with our build up and inability to deal with low blocks as I don’t think he’d be a magic fix to that problem.

Certainly he still has things he can improve on but certainly would think at 60 odd million it would be a no brainer.

Last edited:

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
To be honest the fee isn’t going to be an issue as if he moves next summer the fee is a reported 65mil buyout.
Which is why roman should give Tommy the money for him now. Dortmund can sell him for double what they will get next season at least.

Jibbs

I would put Sancho on the left, Greenwood of the right and Rashford on the bench.

Matriac

Well he is unlikely to move now of course. It makes sense for him to stay, he has got a lot more options next year, and can get better terms for him and his agents with the buyout clause.

But they were looking around for options earlier because if Dortmund had missed out on Champions League next season then he most likely would have wanted to move this summer. Which it really looked like would happen 7 rounds before the end.

It's ridiculous really that after gameweek 27, Dortmund were in 5th place, 7 points behind the 4th place with 7 rounds to go. In the form they had been up to then you would almost consider it impossible for them to catch up. Wolfsburg and Eintract Frankfurt ahead of Dortmund had somewhat easy on paper matches to go as well.
But in the final 7 matches, Dortmund got 7 wins, meaning 21 out of 21 points, ending in 3rd only 1 point behind RB Leipzig that were 14 points ahead 7 rounds before.
RB Leipzig got 8/21 points, Wolfsburg 7/21 points, Eintracht Frankfurt 10/21 points. (Bayern got 14 out of 21, but was never threatened to not finish 1st.)

Andersons Dietician

Which is why roman should give Tommy the money for him now. Dortmund can sell him for double what they will get next season at least.
Hes still probably more valuable having him next season than cashing in on him now even if it’s a double your money. Plus they will be selling Sancho surely. Haaland 2022, Bellingham 2023 or whichever other precious talent they dig up.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Hes still probably more valuable having him next season than cashing in on him now even if it’s a double your money. Plus they will be selling Sancho surely. Haaland 2022, Bellingham 2023 or whichever other precious talent they dig up.
Next years clause is around 60 mil. They could easily get 100 plus for him now. That's a big difference

JuriM

After 2022 World Cup Giovanni Reyna will be the hot stuff in the market, after he has carried US national team to semi finals and winning the player of the tournament. Hugely marketable if he fulfills his potential.

Andersons Dietician

Next years clause is around 60 mil. They could easily get 100 plus for him now. That's a big difference
Can they buy someone that will guarantee them the goals whilst also losing Sancho? If he is scoring and keeps them in champions league spot they’ll be more than happy. That’s probably worth more than 40 mil extra.

I just imagine they probably didn’t expect a big as impact as he has had so soon hence why agreeing to the buyout clause thinking they’d probably get a few years and be able to renegotiate his contract.

Ottawa MLS Fan

I don’t understand why Dortmund wouldn’t sell this summer. They could get close to 100 Mil more for him now but I can see the player preferring to wait until next year, as a cheaper fee would probably mean higher wages.

Reactions: Sultan

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I don’t understand why Dortmund wouldn’t sell this summer. They could get close to 100 Mil more for him now but I can see the player preferring to wait until next year, as a cheaper fee would probably mean higher wages.
They just won't sell two big stars in one summer, that would be too much quality loss. There is only one chance of him leaving - and that is that the Sancho transfer does not happen.

Ronaldo's Love Child

I am baffled by the assuming that we will have a clear run at Haaland next season. There is nothing to suggest from him that he wants a move to United and better clubs than us will be after him too

Status
Not open for further replies.