Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

Wonder how legit this talk of Chelsea being willing to pay the 175mil is. Honestly didn’t think anyone would move for him this year when he’s available for 65 next year. Figured they’d all just wait it out and compete for his signature.

Judas

Open to offers
It would genuinely just be daft if they spend that sort of money, to the point of being a bit grim. But I suppose that's modern football isn't it. I think as a sport it should be trying to get away from the silly figures of the last few years.

Lemansky

He ain’t worth 150 million at all. If you pay that kind of money for a player you expect that player to make some magic on his own. I am very excited that we have a player of his level in our national team, but after watching him play for us it’s clear that he still has a long way to go before being a true world class player.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Wonder how legit this talk of Chelsea being willing to pay the 175mil is. Honestly didn’t think anyone would move for him this year when he’s available for 65 next year. Figured they’d all just wait it out and compete for his signature.
Chelsea know full well he's not joining them when the entire world can match his release clause next summer, they know their only chance is to be the only horse in the race this summer

If they can afford it it's a very smart move

theklr

Haaland to Chelsea makes a lot of sense but I hope he turns into Werner if he goes there.
Im pretty sure both Werner and Havertz will get better next year, but Haaland will absolutely take time to adapt to PL defences most certainly

Irrational.

Haaland to Chelsea makes a lot of sense but I hope he turns into Werner if he goes there.
Chelsea have a reputation for being a graveyard for high profile strikers: Shevchenko, Lukaku, Torres, Morata, Werner. Who was their last decent striker? Drogba?

If Haaland had any sense he’d avoid Chelsea at all costs. Hopefully Ole has also had a word when he flew out to see him before he signed for BvB and he signs for us next season.:D

gajender

Chelsea know full well he's not joining them when the entire world can match his release clause next summer, they know their only chance is to be the only horse in the race this summer

If they can afford it it's a very smart move
If he is ready to move to Chelsea this summer then he would considers them a good option even next year as well , otherwise he would simply wait it out at Dortmund for another season irrespective of how much Chelsea are ready to pay .

So this notion Chelsea have no chance of getting him next season but he would be willing to move there this season is just bonkers .If he considers them as a option this season they still be in running next season as well.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If he is ready to move to Chelsea this summer then he would considers them a good option even next year as well , otherwise he would simply wait it out at Dortmund for another season irrespective of how much Chelsea are ready to pay .

So this notion Chelsea have no chance of getting him next season but he would be willing to move there this season is just bonkers .If he considers them as a option this season they still be in running next season as well.
If Haaland has the chance of going to any club in the world next summer do you really think Chelsea will be his first choice?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I cannot see Haaland leaving this summer. We know how stubborn Dortmund are and why would anyone pay 150m when they can get him for 70 next year?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Chelsea are unlikely to win him when they're competing with others. Spend more on a free run at him is their best bet. Clearly got the money too.

gajender

If Haaland has the chance of going to any club in the world next summer do you really think Chelsea will be his first choice?
They very well could be who knows assuming if he is willing to forgo that chance of having pick of those very clubs by considering moving to Chelsea this summer when he can simply wait it out a year .

If thats the case then Chelsea are also quite high on his preferred list of Clubs for his next move .

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Chelsea have a reputation for being a graveyard for high profile strikers: Shevchenko, Lukaku, Torres, Morata, Werner. Who was their last decent striker? Drogba?

If Haaland had any sense he’d avoid Chelsea at all costs. Hopefully Ole has also had a word when he flew out to see him before he signed for BvB and he signs for us next season.:D
8th time lucky?

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea

Yet everyone of the players save Lukaku won a trophy or two.

Shevecenko & Torres we’re both on the down slope of their careers when they shipped up at Chelsea

Lukaku only played 10 league games for Chelsea. Morata actually had a better league goal to ratio than Rashford and wasn’t a million million behind Cavani’s league game to goal return. Werner has missed quite a few I will grant you but this reputation for being a graveyard for strikers is a lazy argument especially as you seem to have ignored Costa

Yet everyone of the players save Lukaku won a trophy or two.

Shevecenko & Torres we’re both on the down slope of their careers when they shipped up at Chelsea

Lukaku only played 10 league games for Chelsea. Morata actually had a better league goal to ratio than Rashford and wasn’t a million million behind Cavani’s league game to goal return. Werner has missed quite a few I will grant you but this reputation for being a graveyard for strikers is a lazy argument especially as you seem to have ignored Costa
However Rashford is a winger and Cavani is 34... poor comparisons.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
No. Which is precisely why he won’t be going there this summer either. He can wait a year, have his choice of any club and earn far more for his agent and himself due to the reduced transfer fee.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is the player we need. Hopefully he stays this summer and we are in next year, but if not, feck Sancho off and go for Erling Brute Haaland this summer.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I cannot see Haaland leaving this summer. We know how stubborn Dortmund are and why would anyone pay 150m when they can get him for 70 next year?
Roman would pay though if he want to go for him, he will get him. Ofcourse it's upto player's choice. Chelsea have a very young team and evolving into superb unit with good manager. Won the champions league. What is not to like.

Raiola will be a problem. Even for roman that's absurd money for one player. Hope he won't sign if he do hopefully better start to score from first match.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Roman would pay though if he want to go for him, he will get him. Ofcourse it's upto player's choice. Chelsea have a very young team and evolving into superb unit with good manager. Won the champions league. What is not to like.

Raiola will be a problem. Even for roman that's absurd money for one player. Hope he won't sign if he do hopefully better start to score from first match.
Three years down the line looking for either a massive pay rise or off to madrid.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

i agreed Chelsea actually is a very attractive option for Haaland. It is a top 4 club that has the ability to challenge the league and CL title, it is based in london, PL is a very competitive league that has the most audience around the world, and a young team that has a play style suit him. He will be the icon for the club. On paper Real Madrid is not a much better option than Chelsea.

Edit
One of the advantage for chelsea is there isn't any chelsea legend criticize the head coach and the players every weekend on tv.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
We could have saved 70% less if there was any ambition from the club and Haaland and Jude guy would have been in United shirt last season .
Any ambition. Yes. Let's sign Haaland with a €75M release clause to trigger only 2 years later on it and then we can bitch and moan about ambition yet again because we let Raiola put that release clause in.

Oh wait. We didn't.

Because we didn't want such a BS clause into the contract for such a promising player.

Sick to death of fans slating the club, when there's no real reason to, other than not getting a shiny new toy. Woodward gets/got a lot of stick over the years for his transfer business, but my god I'm glad we didn't get Haaland for £17M a couple years ago. Thank feck we don't have that cheap as feck release clause in his contract that triggers in 2022. He can go for £68M next year and people want us to spunk £150M on him this year. But of course the club would get criticised for that and not waiting 12 months.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Cannot believe someone is going to drop £170m in this window. Got to be nonsense, even if I do see the appeal of Chelsea to Haaland.

KennyBurner

I’m honestly shitting it. If it’s between Sancho and Haaland I’m going after Haaland first. We already have so many strikers left wingers I can wait another season for sancho.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
People need to understand we can't compete at the prices being discussed. £150m+ ffs!
Better to just build as strong a team/unit/chemistry as possible.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Cannot believe someone is going to drop £170m in this window. Got to be nonsense, even if I do see the appeal of Chelsea to Haaland.
I don't believe Chelsea will pay that amount for Haaland when he is available for much less next summer. The world is still under pandemic. I doubt Haaland will move this summer either.

theklr

On paper Real Madrid is not a much better option than Chelsea.
Wait, what?

Think you are seriously underestimating the global appeal of Real Madrid , the fact they are winning LaLiga every other year and the fact they are constantly a force in CL nomatter what.

I mean, they got Ronaldo out of United when they were at their last prime, and Hazard not long after he won the PL.

Real Madrids pull is genuinly the best in the world.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
It would genuinely just be daft if they spend that sort of money, to the point of being a bit grim. But I suppose that's modern football isn't it. I think as a sport it should be trying to get away from the silly figures of the last few years.
Yeah well there's an argument to say its not really all about sport anymore.

FFP alone should mean that that type of fee is out of the question. Then again we know how much clout that has

Status
Not open for further replies.