Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I don't believe Chelsea will pay that amount for Haaland when he is available for much less next summer. The world is still under pandemic. I doubt Haaland will move this summer either.
I dont think itll happen, but if Roman himself is prepared to fund it, he will pay it. It's the kind of deal he'd make Less we forget all fees are rarely paid on one go. They're paid in installments. So no one will be paying 150 in one total sum at once

I find it a bit weird how they claim they want to keep him this window, but have also stuck the 150m price tag out there, or 170 whatever it was. IF someone offered that, hes off

The notion we wont appeal to him though, is utter dross. Obviously if all footballs elite came next year, i still think he picks Madrid.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Wait, what?

Think you are seriously underestimating the global appeal of Real Madrid , the fact they are winning LaLiga every other year and the fact they are constantly a force in CL nomatter what.

I mean, they got Ronaldo out of United when they were at their last prime, and Hazard not long after he won the PL.

Real Madrids pull is genuinly the best in the world.
Problem now however is that they look like they cannot do big transfer fees.

theklr

Thats true, but next year they can. And unless he can get a similar clause going to Chelsea he wont sign for them and then be outpriced from Madrid in my opinion.

izec

Wherever he will end up, it wont be here, so best to lean back and don't get pissed off. Next summer, every top club will be in for him and i don't see him choosing United.

Dortmund losing Sancho and Haaland in one summer would be a massive blow to them.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Wait, what?

Think you are seriously underestimating the global appeal of Real Madrid , the fact they are winning LaLiga every other year and the fact they are constantly a force in CL nomatter what.

I mean, they got Ronaldo out of United when they were at their last prime, and Hazard not long after he won the PL.

Real Madrid has much bigger reputation? yes. No doubt about it
Real Madrid has an aging team and is in transition.
Mbappe is rumored to join the team. Up to you if it is good or bad for Haaland.
La Liga vs PL in terms of global popularity
Real Madrid fans vs Chelsea fan.

In the very end, it is probably down to wages. I am just saying Chelsea is not having a chance like people mentioned here.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
They may go a season or at most 2 without any marque signings but then they just look under that massive mattress they have and go crazy again. I'd be surprised if they didn't get Mbappe in the summer.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Thats true, but next year they can. And unless he can get a similar clause going to Chelsea he wont sign for them and then be outpriced from Madrid in my opinion.
Does he actually want to do Madrid? In the sense, is it his No.1 destination? I ask as he seems like a player that is way more suited to Northern European football that Club Med football.

For me, I just get the feeling that the links of him to Spain are just lazy journalism as all top players get linked there.

They may go a season or at most 2 without any marque signings but then they just look under that massive mattress they have and go crazy again. I'd be surprised if they didn't get Mbappe in the summer.
Let's see I am not so sure they'll have the money within that time frame. 5 years I think is more realistic for them as they don't even have any players they can sell as all their reliable ones are old.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Does he actually want to do Madrid? In the sense, is it his No.1 destination? I ask as he seems like a player that is way more suited to Northern European football that Club Med football.

For me, I just get the feeling that the links of him to Spain are just lazy journalism as all top players get linked there.

Let's see I am not so sure they'll have the money within that time frame. 5 years I think is more realistic for them as they don't even have any players they can sell as all their reliable ones are old.
Real Madrid is stuck with Bale and Hazard wage bill. They are asking their players for 10% salary cut.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
And about to release Ramos and Varane. Benzema will probably go next summer also. They're signing Mbappe or Haaland next summer, no doubt about it
I am just saying chelsea and even man utd, are attractive option to Haaland. When people said there is no chance I disagreed.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Real Madrid has much bigger reputation? yes. No doubt about it
Real Madrid has an aging team and is in transition.
Mbappe is rumored to join the team. Up to you if it is good or bad for Haaland.
La Liga vs PL in terms of global popularity
Real Madrid fans vs Chelsea fan.

In the very end, it is probably down to wages. I am just saying Chelsea is not having a chance like people mentioned here.
Madrid are crazy enough to go for both if they can find a loan to fund it, and it would work because both are more than just goalscorers. However, PSG's President just said he won't sell Mbappe and he won't leave on a free either, so I expect Mbappe to be found somewhere under a bridge if he doesn't renew.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
This. Him, his agent and his dad didn't recently do a tour of Spain because they wanted a lads holiday in the sun. Only one place he's going next summer
He also reportedly went on a tour of United, City and Liverpool too

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Madrid are crazy enough to go for both if they can find a loan to fund it, and it would work because both are more than just goalscorers. However, PSG's President just said he won't sell Mbappe and he won't leave on a free either, so I expect Mbappe to be found somewhere under a bridge if he doesn't renew.
We know that Madrid & Barcelona have no problem offer 500k+/week to elite player, however for EPL clubs even include man city, that is going to create huge problem for the dressing room. In the very end i believe it is down to wages.

theklr

Well, ofcourse, noone can really know what his preferred destination is, but it seems his dad and Raiola went there to talk so wouldnt be very far-fetched.

Im just saying that most players without any special affinity to a club would go to RM if they could, and especially the ones of his ambition and ability level. His fellow Norwegian Ødegaard went there when he could more or less pick and choose.

I’d also think he would find it easier in La Liga since its less physical compared to PL . His physicality would be even more of an asset there.

Then again I think he once said he dreamed of playing in the PL , and scandinavians in general follow PL more closely.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Last time Chelsea won the CL they signed Hazard in the summer. I was surprised at the time, that he wanted to go there, but maybe winning the odd CL even if you're not really some standout team, does sway players.

If I was in charge at Dortmund, selling him now for 80-100m more than next season is a no brainer.

ArjenIsM3

Don't believe for a second he's moving this summer. Would take a massive fee for Dortmund to even consider it.

cyberman

This. Him, his agent and his dad didn't recently do a tour of Spain because they wanted a lads holiday in the sun. Only one place he's going next summer
Plus 170m is money out of his fat agents etc wallet next year. They won't want to go now.
Dortmund arent turning down 170m so when this doesnt go through we should blacklist every journo who pushes this nonsense.

theklr

If I was in charge at Dortmund, selling him now for 80-100m more than next season is a no brainer.
Except the fact that selling him now (especially if Sancho goes as well), might majorly decrease their chances of getting CL next time around, which in turn will make them less attractive to new players.

They would at least have to have some major big signings lined up to offset that loss.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Except the fact that selling him now (especially if Sancho goes as well), might majorly decrease their chances of getting CL next time around, which in turn will make them less attractive to new players.

They would at least have to have some major big signings lined up to offset that loss.
I think having close to 250m will help them figure it out. It's not like they're not the 2nd biggest club in Germany either.

Will be interesting to see how Rose has them playing, especially if he is busy in the market this summer building a new team from the windfall of making tonnes of money.

theklr

I think having close to 250m will help them figure it out. It's not like they're not the 2nd biggest club in Germany either.

Will be interesting to see how Rose has them playing, especially if he is busy in the market this summer building a new team from the windfall of making tonnes of money.
Yeah , didnt see the «more» part.

That would indeed be a good move for sure.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
As much as I want him if Chelsea really pay 175m then good luck to them.

I can't see it happening though, just probably laying ground work for next year.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The last time a gamble like that took place, it worked out with Mbappe not going off the rails and actually improving. I don't think 175m is ridiculous for a talent like Haaland. There's obviously always a risk that it doesn't work out, but he at least had a year and a half behind him to show he's not just a flat-track bully. Mbappe had around 6 months of professional football before PSG shelled out a similar sum. Now granted, it's PSG, but if it guarantees you at least 4-5 years of one of the top talents in the world, I think Chelsea would be smart to beat everybody to the competition for Haaland and get him now. After that, it's too much of a wild goose chase for any one club to be certain to get him.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The last time a gamble like that took place, it worked out with Mbappe not going off the rails and actually improving. I don't think 175m is ridiculous for a talent like Haaland. There's obviously always a risk that it doesn't work out, but he at least had a year and a half behind him to show he's not just a flat-track bully. Mbappe had around 6 months of professional football before PSG shelled out a similar sum. Now granted, it's PSG, but if it guarantees you at least 4-5 years of one of the top talents in the world, I think Chelsea would be smart to beat everybody to the competition for Haaland and get him now. After that, it's too much of a wild goose chase for any one club to be certain to get him.
I am afraid to say that no one has or will spend that kind of money under pandemic. Not Chelsea, man city or even PSG.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Hard pass. Even if Chelsea somehow agreed to pay the eyewatering fee, there's still the wages to discuss and they will be just as eyewatering.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Raiola v Abramovich is an interesting proposition.
Yeah, can just see in three years time Raiola tries to pull his usual antics and goes on a tour around Europe telling everyone how Haaland wants to leave such a small un-historic club. At the end of the tour he sits down for a cup of tea only to discover it has been laced with Polonium 210. Check mate, Roman.

Judas

Open to offers
Imagine paying that sort of money for a player who already has plans to move on in 3-4 years anyway. It’s just a silly silly deal, and it won’t happen I don’t think.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Yeah, can just see in three years time Raiola tries to pull his usual antics and goes on a tour around Europe telling everyone how Haaland wants to leave such a small un-historic club. At the end of the tour he sits down for a cup of tea only to discover it has been laced with Polonium 210. Check mate, Roman.
:drool:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Imagine paying that sort of money for a player who already has plans to move on in 3-4 years anyway. It’s just a silly silly deal, and it won’t happen I don’t think.
The mega deal PSG paid for Mbappe couple years ago and Mbappe refuse to renew his contract should teach all sport director a lesson or 2. He is going to walk for free next summer or 100m max this summer.

cyberman

The mega deal PSG paid for Mbappe couple years ago and Mbappe refuse to renew his contract should teach all sport director a lesson or 2. He is going to walk for free next summer or 100m max this summer.
100 percent this. Theres an argument to be made that Mbappe is a failed experiment.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Wait, what?

Well, 3 out of the last 13 anyway. The same as United in the same period.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
No, but it's okay because he's not going to be sold, and he's not going to walk away for free either according to Nasser. :houllier:

Ventura

Really bizarre move if he choses Chelsea. Why go there? One of many stories made up of thin air.

Status
Not open for further replies.