Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'd love to see us just make one huge approach to Dortmund and see what happens... but we won't

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I do not think we will get this guy. Not this window, not next window or the next. Dortmund would want crazy money, as would his stupid agent and Erling himself would want silly wages. He will go to one of the oil clubs.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We'll see if Sancho leaving will affect his productivity. I'm guessing yes as his own father said "feck" when it was confirmed. He knows. He. Is. Worried. Come join us.

lysglimt

Scout
I believe we have a great chance of Haaland joining us when he leaves Dortmund.
If we sign Sancho, Varane and one more quality player - I can't see why Haaland should chose other clubs over us - we are just as strong as the others

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I do not think we will get this guy. Not this window, not next window or the next. Dortmund would want crazy money, as would his stupid agent and Erling himself would want silly wages. He will go to one of the oil clubs.
While i'm sure we will try, city won the league without a proper striker. As long as we get enough goals through the wide areas it won't be an issue.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If we sign Sancho, Varane and one more quality player - I can't see why Haaland should chose other clubs over us - we are just as strong as the others
We'll look much better, no doubt. But it won't make us able to afford him, and we're not as strong as the others until we figure out our midfield. You'd also have to concede that Pep is going to be more of an attraction than Ole.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
We'll see if Sancho leaving will affect his productivity. I'm guessing yes as his own father said "feck" when it was confirmed. He knows. He. Is. Worried. Come join us.
Haaland made 28 goals in 22 games for Salzburg before joining BVB in January 2020. He don't need Sancho to look good.

NYAS

Especially if we end this window with Sancho, Varane, and a new DM. That should mean our only major target next season will be a new striker.
Keeper if Dean doesn’t work out. (Oblak)

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don’t see Pep wanting Haaland as his striker.

His level of build up play isn’t going to turn Pep on - this is a guy who tried to ditch Aguero when entering the team and arguably kept him because of his legendary status at City,

Haaland is a Chelsea or United player. Klopp is changing his tactics a lot - players like Jota or Thiago wouldn’t have played for Klopps first Liverpool CL winning team; so he might consider moving there to overtake Firminho - but I don’t particularly see it happening.

If Tuchel has a positive season - I can see Haaland wanting to play there. At United the space for him is obviously present.

I don’t see Pep wanting Haaland as his striker.

His level of build up play isn’t going to turn Pep on - this is a guy who tried to ditch Aguero when entering the team and arguably kept him because of his legendary status at City,

Haaland is a Chelsea or United player. Klopp is changing his tactics a lot - players like Jota or Thiago wouldn’t have played for Klopps first Liverpool CL winning team; so he might consider moving there to overtake Firminho - but I don’t particularly see it happening.

If Tuchel has a positive season - I can see Haaland wanting to play there. At United the space for him is obviously present.
I don’t see him as a City player either. But they have so much spending power, that unlike any other club he doesn’t have to play every game.

city are obviously great at how they play, but they don’t have a plan b. If anyone can spend a fortune on a plan b, it’s them.

TheReligion

Abusive
I listened to that podcast, they claim Raiola and Chelsea have been in talks and that "get out" clause needs to be worked around, and Haaland is expecting to be at Chelsea next season. Or words to that effect, I forget what was said word for word. Just a shame Castles is full of shite
I think a release clause would be our only hope of getting him. If Abramovich is driving the deal, he is the type to just pay what they want.

If City go ahead and spend 100m each on Grealish and Kane, then should Haaland come to the prem this year, it'll be to us.

I still think he stays though
Are you still getting Sancho

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
It's 8 years since you won the league and about 12 since you won the CL. If you offer a realistic opportunity to return the club to glory then he might be convinced, but you'd have to do something pretty impressive next season to show its a reality not just an endless rebuilding process. I think for players like him, Mbappe etc that's pretty much a given.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The biggest problem with Haaland is his wages and agent fees. Spending £130m on his transfer fee isn't that outrageous.

choccy77

If Haaland is realistically available this summer and Chelsea are able to go for him, then United have to do all they can to sign him IMO.

Next summer will be crazy otherwise and we still won't get him.

Considering how we are paying for Sancho in 5 installments, surely we can free up enough money to do a deal.

Raredaredevil

Chelsea will be a huge threat. I think they will go all in
Chelsea always seems to get a free pass to all these players like I'm surprised why no one was in for Werner or Havertz. Definitely we need to go all in for him. Best young striker in the world atm and with Norway struggling in internationally, we are looking at a player who can stay injury free and fresh for a long time.

croadyman

Chelsea always seems to get a free pass to all these players like I'm surprised why no one was in for Werner or Havertz. Definitely we need to go all in for him. Best young striker in the world atm and with Norway struggling in internationally, we are looking at a player who can stay injury free and fresh for a long time.
We can't afford him this summer just have to hope oil doesn't win him over

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We will be very well informed about this transfer whatever happens. I doubt we let him go somewhere totally uncontested because it’s a spot we’ve already wasted what Haaland would cost trying to fill. He fills the spot for 4-10 years. We will push the boat out if our hand is forced this summer by selling Martial and a few of the fringe lads, possibly Pogba too.

Apart from money Mino is the one major fly in the ointment with this deal.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
We won’t because realistically we can’t. We’ve got too many issues without spaffing over 120m on a striker right now. Right decision too.
So you don't think a top-class goal scorer is needed? Our success over the years has been built on that (along with wingers). The likes of Martial and Rashford simply don't score enough league goals and I'm not sure Greenwood is ready for that role yet (and may never be for all we know)

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Next summer the fee is 75m euros isnt it?

dinostar77

Next summer the fee is 75m euros isnt it?
It is indeed. However riola wants £20mil, his dad wants £20mil. Riola was also asking for crazy wages circa £1mil a week. No one will go near that not even the oil clubs. So riola will have to come down on the wages.

Also as recently reported Riola is trying to add another release clause in for next club that buy him cause hes a greedy so and so.

Personally i think our chances depend on whether pogba renews or not. Hes a riola client. If he doesnt renew why would riola advise his golden goose haaland to join utd when pogba is leaving. Makes no sense.

I think next summer he will end up at Barcelona or Madrid. Somehow they will find the money. Really dont want madrid getting mbappe on a free and also getting haaland next summer.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We can give BvB money + players as a goodwill instead of just money.
Martial + Dan James for Haaland + Sancho + cash.
Hit them with kindness :rolleyes:

r0663664

Worships Man City
If Dortmund is willing to sell, I think we can raise the funds to buy if the club really want to. I would buy without hesitation (>120 mil). I think he is the real deal, strong, tall and pacy. He will be a nightmare to all the defenders in PL. If Dortmund wants crazy fee, then let's move get Varane and DM.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Happy to wait til next year on this one. The Sancho connection could be a really good factor, along with Ole. A(nother) good season and progress and I dont see why we wouldnt be favourites to sign him.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I actually expect him to replace Mbappe at PSG next season. If Mbappe leaves they will be desperate to sign the next best thing. And it also helps to be state-sponsored when dealing with Raiola

BarstoolProphet

Werner was looked a done deal for Liverpool before Chelsea swooped in. Price for Havertz ruled out most of other clubs, but there still was a lot of links to other clubs before it was known Chelsea was trying to sign him. I think it's easy to say stuff like "oh they are so effective in the market" when you don't follow it as closely as with United.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It is indeed. However riola wants £20mil, his dad wants £20mil. Riola was also asking for crazy wages circa £1mil a week. No one will go near that not even the oil clubs. So riola will have to come down on the wages.

Also as recently reported Riola is trying to add another release clause in for next club that buy him cause hes a greedy so and so.

Personally i think our chances depend on whether pogba renews or not. Hes a riola client. If he doesnt renew why would riola advise his golden goose haaland to join utd when pogba is leaving. Makes no sense.

I think next summer he will end up at Barcelona or Madrid. Somehow they will find the money. Really dont want madrid getting mbappe on a free and also getting haaland next summer.
Rather they got both than City! But to answer you question, Riola will do whatever makes him more money! But I agree, I don't see us getting him

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
If you asked me six months ago, I would have said I would prefer our main striker target to be Kane. However, I can't help but shake some major Torres vibes I'm getting from Kane, and thus I have moved over to wanting Haaland as our striker. Whether it will actually happen is a different story.
I understand your concern about Kane but I will focus on the Torres comparison. Torres relied heavily on speed to beat his man and be clear to score. Kane is much better tactically and he has never relied on pace as his main attribute. Yes he has weak ankles, but even if his pace is gone, he does not lose much in terms of the level of player that he is. Torres had electric pace in his prime, this is what his main attribute was and when he lost his pace he found it difficult to adapt into a target man.
Kane is a natural target man and has so many assets in his arsenal, he has never relied on his pace throughout his career.

croadyman

We have a chance but as others have said there will be big costs involved in this deal outside of the RC

red thru&thru

If we get Varane, Camavinga and Trippier over the line this year, Haaland will be the only player we'll need to go for in 2022.

croadyman

If we get Varane, Camavinga and Trippier over the line this year, Haaland will be the only player we'll need to go for in 2022.
Personally would be over the moon with just the first two and happily use Dalot/Laird as backup to AWB

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Heard he wanted a release clause if he’d go to Chelsea

I'd give him one,

Sign for £100-150m, if someone stumps up £200-250m in a few years they can have him.

If someone activates the clause he must have been unreal so we'd have had the benefit of that for a few years and then he goes for a world record fee and we reinvest with a hefty profit.

If he does rubbish nobody will activate the clause anyway

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If we play it smart, get the rest of the team sorted this summer, then keep the warchest for Haaland next summer and go all out.

We would have a hell of a team.

Judas

Open to offers
This next release clause is fine, it’ll be massive so it’s a win-win in some ways. It was this first release clause no big team wanted a part of because it was so cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.