Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It is indeed. However riola wants £20mil, his dad wants £20mil. Riola was also asking for crazy wages circa £1mil a week. No one will go near that not even the oil clubs. So riola will have to come down on the wages.

Also as recently reported Riola is trying to add another release clause in for next club that buy him cause hes a greedy so and so.

Personally i think our chances depend on whether pogba renews or not. Hes a riola client. If he doesnt renew why would riola advise his golden goose haaland to join utd when pogba is leaving. Makes no sense.

I think next summer he will end up at Barcelona or Madrid. Somehow they will find the money. Really dont want madrid getting mbappe on a free and also getting haaland next summer.
I have never heard of an agent being paid actual wages by a club, but leaving that aside, surely that amount is completely made up nonsense? The reported wages for Haaland, you know the big star that the entire Europe wants to sign, aren't even that high. How many players in the world even make that much?

Kaos

I have never heard of an agent being paid actual wages by a club, but leaving that aside, surely that amount is completely made up nonsense? The reported wages for Haaland, you know the big star that the entire Europe wants to sign, aren't even that high. How many players in the world even make that much?
I think that's referring to Haaland's wages, not Raiola himself :lol:

Its mental either way.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think that's referring to Haaland's wages, not Raiola himself :lol:

Its mental either way.
Crap, it's the way that sentence was written that tricked me, and in all honesty, it does kind of sound like something Raiola would demand :lol:

stevoc

Heard he wanted a release clause if he’d go to Chelsea
Of course he would, you don't hire Raiola as your agent unless you plan on hopping around different clubs in Europe every 1-2 years. He's 20 and is already at his 3rd club.

Kaos

Really wish clubs would offer a 'ditch Raiola' clause - huge sign on fee and substantially larger salary conditional on the player ditching the fat parasite as their agent.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Really wish clubs would offer a 'ditch Raiola' clause - huge sign on fee and substantially larger salary conditional on the player ditching the fat parasite as their agent.
Raiola Is good for psg. Save them tons of money.

Men like him arent doing business because of their charm. But because they know the simple terms of an offer they cant refuse.

Most of his dealing is beneficisl for his interested parties..it's not like we pay him for charity back then.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We can give BvB money + players as a goodwill instead of just money.
Martial + Dan James for Haaland + Sancho + cash.
Hit them with kindness :rolleyes:
Yes but I am sure they will be asking for money + Greenwood + Diallo + Hannibal etc instead

Kaos

Raiola Is good for psg. Save them tons of money.

Men like him arent doing business because of their charm. But because they know the simple terms of an offer they cant refuse.

Most of his dealing is beneficisl for his interested parties..it's not like we pay him for charity back then.
I can't see how beneficial he is considering his entire management plan is to shift his players every couple of seasons, and then kick up a shitstorm when the club doesn't cede to his demands. Granted if you're a feeder club like Dortmund you don't care as much since the expectation is you'll sell the player for a huge profit as per the club's business model. But as a PSG, Juventus or United you'd absolutely loathe him constantly derailing your squad's plans by him constantly plotting to secure his client's next club, coercing them into getting itchy feet, feeding the media with rumours and unhelpful comments and destabilising the dressing room as a result.

lysglimt

Scout
If we can keep him at Dortmund for another year, we should have a decent chance. If OGS is still our manager - and Sancho in our side, it should be possible to persuade him to sign for us.

Polar

Good news if Haaland stays in Dortmund one more year. Maybe the Haaland hype will calm down and his value the same :)

Anyway…. I think United is in a good position regarding Haaland next year.
  1. It’s a fair chance United will become more attractive next year (better results)
  2. Fits United’s style of play.
  3. Very good relationship with Ole
  4. Good chemistry with Sancho (on pitch)
  5. Both Haaland and Raiola benefit from one more stop before eventually Real Madrid (but maybe United is more attractive in 5y)
  6. Doesn’t fit Barcelona style
  7. Real Madrid prioritise Mbappe and can’t afford both.
  8. City spend huge money on a striker this season.
  9. Chelsea doesn’t have enough charm and publicity.
  10. United is the perfect club for Haaland:)

Kaos

Good news if Haaland stays in Dortmund one more year. Maybe the Haaland hype will calm down and his value the same :)

Anyway…. I think United is in a good position regarding Haaland next year.
  1. It’s a fair chance United will become more attractive next year (better results)
  2. Fits United’s style of play.
  3. Very good relationship with Ole
  4. Good chemistry with Sancho (on pitch)
  5. Both Haaland and Raiola benefit from one more stop before eventually Real Madrid (but maybe United is more attractive in 5y)
  6. Doesn’t fit Barcelona style
  7. Real Madrid prioritise Mbappe and can’t afford both.
  8. City spend huge money on a striker this season.
  9. Chelsea doesn’t have enough charm and publicity.
  10. United is the perfect club for Haaland:)
I agree with a lot of that but I think you're underestimating Chelsea's appeal. They are recent European champions, a London club, have an excellent manager and are probably a striker away from being title contenders. Its not unfeasible that he'd end up there this season or next. Haaland is also young enough to have grown up witnessing Chelsea as a European powerhouse and us as a club that's been in somewhat of a decline. I don't think we'd be an obviously more appealing destination.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The buyout clause gets activated next year -

Dortmund will get extra money from clubs next season under the desk whilst Haaland and Raiola get money for moving too.

I find Raiola players very similar in a certain type of mindset.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I agree with a lot of that but I think you're underestimating Chelsea's appeal. They are recent European champions, a London club, have an excellent manager and are probably a striker away from being title contenders. Its not unfeasible that he'd end up there this season or next. Haaland is also young enough to have grown up witnessing Chelsea as a European powerhouse and us as a club that's been in somewhat of a decline. I don't think we'd be an obviously more appealing destination.
Haaland is a baby. You could be a 30 year old veteran and only really seen this version of Chelsea.

Matriac

Dortmund will get extra money from clubs next season under the desk whilst Haaland and Raiola get money for moving too.

Why would Dortmund get more money? The release clause means they have to accept every offer that's equal to the release clause. It then just matters which club Haaland decides to go to.

Pearl.Jam

If Sancho lights it up here next season then I think Haaland would be quite tempted to join him here, that’s what I’m hoping anyway

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Haaland is a baby. You could be a 30 year old veteran and only really seen this version of Chelsea.
I'm 31 and I remember the days of Frank Sinclair and Michael Duberry so I'd be surprised if those a year younger know nothing before Jose.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm 31 and I remember the days of Frank Sinclair and Michael Duberry so I'd be surprised if those a year younger know nothing before Jose.
I suppose it depends on when you properly got into football. If you're 31, you would have been 13 when Abramovich took over. Lots of people get proper into football around 12-13 years old. I wasn't saying it as some kind one size fits all statement, but generally speaking you can find lots of 30 years olds whose earliest memories of football are this version of Chelsea.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I suppose it depends on when you properly got into football. If you're 31, you would have been 13 when Abramovich took over. Lots of people get proper into football around 12-13 years old. I wasn't saying it as some kind one size fits all statement, but generally speaking you can find lots of 30 years olds whose earliest memories of football are this version of Chelsea.
If you say so. I'd guess there are very few professional footballers that weren't massively into football by the time they were 8 or so but I'm taking us further and further off topic here.

I mainly wanted to remind you of the glory days of Sinclair and Duberry.

Kaos

Tbh Luke Shaw claims his earliest world cup memory is 2010, which would place him around 15/16 years old at the time. Which is mentally late for an elite footballer.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If you say so. I'd guess there are very few professional footballers that weren't massively into football by the time they were 8 or so but I'm taking us further and further off topic here.

I mainly wanted to remind you of the glory days of Sinclair and Duberry.
It might seem weird to some but that period, mid to late 90's, was actually my favourite Chelsea period. I was just a kid who enjoyed watching my team, none of that stressing about winning every single game because we need to keep up with teams who get 90+ points every season :lol:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

Why the feck would clubs be so dumb to do that?

croadyman

If Sancho lights it up here next season then I think Haaland would be quite tempted to join him here, that’s what I’m hoping anyway
Yeah that is what I am hoping will happen as well but do fear Chelsea breaking the bank for him this summer

Polar

His favourite team is Leeds and he probably is more aware of history and nostalgia than other players from abroad.

Chelsea (and also City) is a bracket in Norway compared to United and Liverpool. Hopefully Haaland and his friends are representative in this regard:D I’m more worried about his father’s history with City and experience with United (Roy Keane:wenger:) I’m not surprised if Keane costed us Braut Haaland. The tackle was (probably still is) traumatic to his family).

Haaland family lived in the region approx 11y (himself approx 4y), so I don’t think a London club is more attractive. Maybe it’s the other way around:)

If his choice is based on managers in isolation (not), it is a no brainer (in favour of Ole). Ole is our strongest card in order to get Haaland.

Kaos

His favourite team is Leeds and he probably is more aware of history and nostalgia than other players from abroad.

Chelsea (and also City) is a bracket in Norway compared to United and Liverpool. Hopefully Haaland and his friends are representative in this regard:D I’m more worried about his father’s history with City and experience with United (Roy Keane:wenger:) I’m not surprised if Keane costed us Braut Haaland. The tackle was (probably still is) traumatic to his family).

Haaland family lived in the region approx 11y (himself approx 4y), so I don’t think a London club is more attractive. Maybe it’s the other way around:)

If his choice is based on managers in isolation (not), it is a no brainer (in favour of Ole). Ole is our strongest card in order to get Haaland.
I don't think the Roy Keane issue is a concern. That's more bad blood between Haaland Sr and Keane himself, it might be a different story if Keane was still involved with the club in some capacity, but like you said with Ole at the helm it's probably a pull.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Are you still getting Sancho
Nah didnt bid. But what i said is not wrong, when Abramovich wants a player and personally handles the deal, we usually get them. Havertz and Torres off the top of my head.

City wont bid for Haaland if they got Kane and Grealish, and the only other owner in the prem who i think would pay Dortmund's fee is Abramovich

But i still dont think it'll happen this summer

TheReligion

Abusive
Nah didnt bid. But what i said is not wrong, when Abramovich wants a player and personally handles the deal, we usually get them. Havertz and Torres off the top of my head.

City wont bid for Haaland if they got Kane and Grealish, and the only other owner in the prem who i think would pay Dortmund's fee is Abramovich

But i still dont think it'll happen this summer
Chelsea didn't bid for Sancho as the player only wanted to go to United.

That was the point at the time.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Tbh Luke Shaw claims his earliest world cup memory is 2010, which would place him around 15/16 years old at the time. Which is mentally late for an elite footballer.
That makes me feel very old, I’m only 10 years older than him so didn’t feel that disconnected age wise but I can remember Euro 96 clear as day which was happening the year after he was born and he can only remember a World Cup that was happening when I was 24.

CG1010

That would really help Raiola more than anything. If players can get big paycheques to hire him first, more players will line up at his doorstep. He is there to get best money for players and does that job well. The possible detrimental effect on players' footballing careers (not Haaland but thinking about Pogba) is debatable but he certainly helps them earn that extra 10-20%. Plus handholds them during their early stage of careers.

CG1010

If (IF) we get Haaland too this or the next summer, is it the end of Greenwood's United career? Going behind two transfer record signings in his age bracket for RW and CF is not something he would like for a long term. Unless he moves to left wing and pushes Rashford to the bench. Which is unlikely.

Pep's Suit

I think he will join Chelsea next summer. Don't think City will move for him unless Haaland makes it clear he only wants City and no other club.

Brightonian

If (IF) we get Haaland too this or the next summer, is it the end of Greenwood's United career? Going behind two transfer record signings in his age bracket for RW and CF is not something he would like for a long term. Unless he moves to left wing and pushes Rashford to the bench. Which is unlikely.
I guess the thing is, this coming season is the one where Greenwood ought to come really good if he's as talented as we all think he is. He's had his explosive debut season and he's had his more challenging but ultimately successful second season, in which he really became a piece of the first team furniture. This season he should be setting himself a target of at least 25 goals. Yes, the signing of Sancho will somewhat limit his game time but remember Sancho also plays on the left, and if Rashford's injury troubles continue he's as vulnerable to Jadon as Greenwood is. And the fact we signed Cavani up for another year rather than trying to get a marquee striker is a sign of confidence in the kid.

If Greenwood scores 25+ goals, and notches up around 10 assists, he'll have done everything in his power to stop us trying to sign Haaland. And it's entirely possible for him to do that.

No. Far from the end.

Greenwood, Rashford, Sancho, Haaland for 3 positions.

CG1010

I guess the thing is, this coming season is the one where Greenwood ought to come really good if he's as talented as we all think he is. He's had his explosive debut season and he's had his more challenging but ultimately successful second season, in which he really became a piece of the first team furniture. This season he should be setting himself a target of at least 25 goals. Yes, the signing of Sancho will somewhat limit his game time but remember Sancho also plays on the left, and if Rashford's injury troubles continue he's as vulnerable to Jadon as Greenwood is. And the fact we signed Cavani up for another year rather than trying to get a marquee striker is a sign of confidence in the kid.

If Greenwood scores 25+ goals, and notches up around 10 assists, he'll have done everything in his power to stop us trying to sign Haaland. And it's entirely possible for him to do that.
Yes I am confident that Greenwood will still be able to have significant playing time both at RW and CF even with Sancho for the reasons you mentioned. And I believe that he is the real deal! So I am really hoping that he becomes home grown superstar instead of buying Haaland.

CG1010

No. Far from the end.

Greenwood, Rashford, Sancho, Haaland for 3 positions.
For the club it works very well. Whether it works for the player is the question. I was him, I would want to move to a club where I am the preferred starter and not one which starts only 50-60% games based on another player's form or injuries. He should embrace competition but it really should be with people from different age groups.

For the club it works very well. Whether it works for the player is the question. I was him, I would want to move to a club where I am the preferred starter and not one which starts only 50-60% games based on another player's form or injuries. He should embrace competition but it really should be with people from different age groups.
Who wouldn’t Greenwood be one of the three starters out if that 4?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Not necessarily mate but what it will do is force Greenwood into showing us, and himself, how good he really is and / or can be. Ball is in his court.

Judas

Open to offers
Thankfully most top level footballers have a stronger mentality than the picture you paint here. He's not going to give up and shrivel under such challenge. If he's good enough, he'll play.

Last edited:

Tarrou

if Real get Mbappe and City get Kane...

it would be just us and Chelsea in the running, right? Can't see him joining PSG but who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.