Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Except Pogba is an example of that not happening.
I think the situation of Pogba with United is what led to someone like Haaland having a release clause on his contract.

Lord help Europe if Madrid find a way to pair him with fecking Mbappe next summer :(
That's the dream. :drool:

I can see that happening but he really can go wherever he wants to, I hope is Real Madrid and I think he would go to the club he considers has the best football project. So yeah, it can be something like Bayern, Manchester City, us but can't really picture him going to Barcelona at the moment. :lol:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I would be surprised if he doesn't join City. Excellent sporting project and has an opening for striker as well.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think Mbappe would be a factor too as he would be highly paid. Haaland would surely ask for same range of money. (expect up to 1 million pre-tax wage per week), even Real would find it hard to afford both players at the same time (remember they can't afford to buy Pogba last summer, as they need to reserve fund for Mbappe). Imagine it would cost Real 270m to pay for Mbappe 5 years wage, and another 270m for Haaland 5 years wage. This is the exact kind of money which broke Barca financially.

Lewandowksi has far better numbers than Haaland in BL over past 3 seasons, and he actually did win something major - more BL titles, and of course CL trophy too. Hence I have no problems on rating him highly.
Real Madrid could definitely afford Haaland's wage because of expiring contracts of Bale, Marcelo etc. next year. But like I said, they don't need Haaland since Benzema is still in his prime

Lewandowski certainly has better stats than Haaland, but "far better numbers" part is wrong. Haaland's per 90 ratio isn't that way behind Lewy. Which is extremely impressive for an 21-year-old who plays in an far worse team. Haaland's numbers certainly way more up if he plays on a team as good as Bayern.

Since Haaland joined Dortmund.

- Robert Lewandowski:
103 Bundesliga goals + assists in 6406 minutes: 1.48 goal or assist per 90

- Erling Haaland: 62 Bundesliga goals + assists in 4112 minutes: 1.36 goal or assist per 90

Haaland also won a major trophy with a DFB-pokal last season. Let's be honest, Haaland isn't in a position to earn several major trophies due to him playing for Dortmund. I don't think it's a great way to judge a player. With your logic, Benzema is easily way better than Lewandowski and Prime Suarez due to 4 UCL-titles

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
didn't Pep say next year was his last season? why would he want to go there if Pep is only going to be around the end of 2022
Pep hasn't said next year is his last. And pretty sure he'd fancy City Pep or no Pep.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I know people will call me foolish and it probably won't happen anyway but I really really don't want us to get him

His father is a cnut and played for leeds he himself is seemingly a cnut and devoid of personality has the most punchable face in football that i remember of plays for the most annoying team around probably worst of all has that poisonous vermin as his agent so we have to put up with rumors of him fecking off every transfer window and probably lose him for free to one of them cnuts in spain

I'm really praying Mason pins that spot for himself for the foreseeable future or of that wasn't to pass get someone like vlahovic(who seems juve bound) or any other of them talents around

United in sin

Ragnick can turn Greenwood into an all round beast of a CF. We don't need this guy and his dipshit agent

Gandalf

Railoa is 100% just baiting us to cough up more money. Haaland is a future red, mark my words. Pogba also stays.
Very possible but I really hope we do not fall for it and plan for a future based around a team ethos and not superstar signings with leeches for agents. On a side note I have been loving all of the dippers bashing United on twitter because Raiola said we were not a big club who seem to be blissfully unaware that by saying City is the only PL club in it Raiola has shat all over Anfield. Never change dippers, your delusion is delicious.

copen1945

With The Professor at United, Haaland and his agent should reconsider. Why attach himself with a sport-washing project when a legitimate club will pay him handsomely?

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Very possible but I really hope we do not fall for it and plan for a future based around a team ethos and not superstar signings with leeches for agents. On a side note I have been loving all of the dippers bashing United on twitter because Raiola said we were not a big club who seem to be blissfully unaware that by saying City is the only PL club in it Raiola has shat all over Anfield. Never change dippers, your delusion is delicious.
I tend to agree with the first point it has really been a weakness of ours for a long time (superstar individual vs well coached team). That said I feel like you can make exceptions when the superstar in question is a goalscorer. Very hard to coach that at all and you rarely get the chance to sign one like Haaland. Has to be done.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He could become the next GOAT but as long as he is with Raiola he is a double edged sword.
Stay away from the water hippo at all costs. Hopefully we've seen the last of him when pogba fecks off in a couple of months.

Stability

Supports
Manchester City
I really don't understand why Haaland would consider United. He doesn't seem money driven, he seems driven by records and being the best, and has no allegiances (in fact negative allegiances with his Leeds/City links).

He's going to have the best chance to win trophies and set records at either Bayern, City or Real as it stands, maybe PSG as a fourth option. I don't know why Barcelona were name dropped as it seems incredibly unlikely he'd join them in their current state (or that they could afford him).

The fact Raiola has said Bayern can't afford Pogba suggests they'd struggle with Haaland too, therefore I suspect it will be Madrid or City; City currently have the obvious opening for him, and I've no doubt Madrid would be ruthless and cut Benzema for him. He's much more a typical Madrid signing and very much not a typical City signing, and what a statement getting Mbappe and Haaland for around £60m would be.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I really don't understand why Haaland would consider United. He doesn't seem money driven, he seems driven by records and being the best, and has no allegiances (in fact negative allegiances with his Leeds/City links).

He's going to have the best chance to win trophies and set records at either Bayern, City or Real as it stands, maybe PSG as a fourth option. I don't know why Barcelona were name dropped as it seems incredibly unlikely he'd join them in their current state (or that they could afford him).

The fact Raiola has said Bayern can't afford Pogba suggests they'd struggle with Haaland too, therefore I suspect it will be Madrid or City; City currently have the obvious opening for him, and I've no doubt Madrid would be ruthless and cut Benzema for him. He's much more a typical Madrid signing and very much not a typical City signing, and what a statement getting Mbappe and Haaland for around £60m would be.
I'd agree with you - if it wasn't for the fact Benzema is their best player & shows no signs of declining.

If Real Madrid weren't ruthless to cut Benzema in 2018 despite his abysmal 5 LaLiga goals in 32 games, it won't happen next year.

Blood Mage

He's got mercenary cnut written all over him. Both he and that fat greaseball pizzaiolo looking motherfecker he calls an agent will be looking for a payday at an oil club. He'll end up at City or PSG.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It just seems a bit weird for Pep to go from wanting Kane to then wanting Haaland.

But at the same time, I don't think Pep is here for much longer and maybe just go for it to try something new and help his CL chances.

Yakuza_devils

This fat virus thinks football started in 2012?
Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich are definitely on par as one of the biggest club in the world.

One tier below is Juventus, Liverpool, AC Milan, Arsenal, Chelsea.

City and PSG are state sponsored and don't really have much supporter worldwide. Maybe after 1 or 2 decades they are able to grow the brand worldwide but definitely not now.

Raiola is just a cnut and looking for money so he is bigging up City.

DevilsOwn

Not too fussed about him any longer after the circus we saw with Pogba. I don't want another scenario at United like that. There will be other potentially good strikers around.
Agree with the whole Raiola and his circus bit. Signing Haaland would mean definite goals but definite drama every other year.
We can get goals elsewhere, but need to build a team around good players who want to be here

Ladron de redcafe

This fat virus thinks football started in 2012?
Some of statements are openly disrespectful to a team that employees some of his clients. It's borderline unprofessional and never ceases to provide a reminder as to why we ought to steer clear.

Siorac

If City get him, the league is theirs until he leaves.
It's never that simple. Alan Shearer and Ruud van Nistelrooy have two league titles between them. Cristiano Ronaldo has two La Liga titles.

City, with their financial power, will always be up there but one player doesn't make them invincible.

Winrar

In all honesty, who do City have who comes across as that unlikeable? They’ve got such a bland team of players who seem totally lacking in personality to me.
The owners themselves are loathsome, so much to the point that they completely sucked the soul out of the local rivalry.

I apologize for the reminder of this moment, but looking back, them beating us in 50th anniversary of Munich personally hurt me more than the 1-6. Don't think I'll feel anything like it as long as they're UAE's puppet club.

GoldanoGraham

If City get him, the league is theirs until he leaves.
Until Pep leaves…the wheels will come off then……and it will start to fall apart…..tough job going in after Pep - and I’m not sure who apart from the 2 oil clubs can really accommodate the demands of Mino for this transfer - makes you laugh he mentions Barca as they haven’t got a pot to piss in!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Until Pep leaves…the wheels will come off then……and it will start to fall apart…..tough job going in after Pep - and I’m not sure who apart from the 2 oil clubs can really accommodate the demands of Mino for this transfer - makes you laugh he mentions Barca as they haven’t got a pot to piss in!
This is why i think that the fact Raiola tried to put us (United) down by bigging up a team like Barcelona makes me feel like we are quite strong in the league to get him in my opinion.

Why even mention us and specifically us as the team that is not good enough?

Haaland is a player that has already talked about him liking to move to different leagues during his career - does Raiola mentioning Bayern Munich make any sense? Bayern are not going to just get him and be happy him leaving in a couple of seasons time to a Spanish team and definitely a PL team in the future.

The whole comment seemed to me and my understanding - trying to highlight us than particularly trying to highlight City, Barcelona, Bayern and Madrid.

Stability

Supports
Manchester City
It will have signing on fees and etc. It will be definitely much more than 60 mil. Their salary will also be much higher after factored in everything.
Yeah of course, I'm just talking transfer fees. Considering they were willing to spend somewhere around £150m for Mbappe last season suggest they have plenty of cash to play with now that they'll get him for free.
I'd agree with you - if it wasn't for the fact Benzema is their best player & shows no signs of declining.

If Real Madrid weren't ruthless to cut Benzema in 2018 despite his abysmal 5 LaLiga goals in 32 games, it won't happen next year.
He's 33 and they love a big name signing even if its not necessary, I'll hope you're right as I'm of course hoping for Haaland at City, but for me Madrid is the most likely destination.
It just seems a bit weird for Pep to go from wanting Kane to then wanting Haaland.

But at the same time, I don't think Pep is here for much longer and maybe just go for it to try something new and help his CL chances.
City just wanted a striker last season and Haaland wasn't available, Kane was the best option that seemed attainable at the time, hence the consideration of Ronaldo after the Kane deal fell through - thankfully neither of those things happened. Next window we're in the same situation, clearly still in need of a striker, and have one of the best in the world available at around 1/3 the transfer fee of what was being quoted for Kane.
Pep himself spoke very positively of Haaland each time we faced him in the CL, I don't think its surprising he'd be keen on him now that he's available.

Yakuza_devils

Can we please stay away from Raiola's clients?
100%.

I have never seen a football agent that is so annoying and disruptive. He is constantly showing blatant disregard to the clubs that employ his clients.

Mendes is an angle compared to this Raiola cnut.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
In my eyes, one of the biggest reasons why Pogba's development has stagnated at club level is because of this fat feck Raiola that keeps whispering to his ears. It's dangerous to have such an agent both for the player and the club. I agree that Mendes, as greedy as he is, is still better than him. Raiola's way is disrupting the relationship between the player and the club in order to get what they want and if they can't, they will go elsewhere that will provide it. It's not a good mentality in the grand scheme of thing, makes it seem like the player has so much power and they can do no wrong since Raiola will fetch another good club for them. It has something to do with players motivation to improve against odds and instead choose the easy way out. Raiola and his antics are becoming their comfort zone. Has the "I dont need you anyway" mentality ever worked in football? even both Messi and Ronaldo worked their arses off to get where they are. Pogba is nowhere near their level and even so Raiola thinks he's a prime Ronaldo or something. Now I don't know how much power Raiola has over Haaland considering his dad is also his agent (?). But if he controls Haaland just like how he controls Pogba, let's stay clear. It's not worth it in the long term.

Idxomer

100%.

I have never seen a football agent that is so annoying and disruptive. He is constantly showing blatant disregard to the clubs that employ his clients.

Mendes is an angle compared to this Raiola cnut.
Mendes is way worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.