Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I just can’t see it making any sense for Haaland. He moves to an inferior league and he will never be the main man in Paris as long as Neymar and Messi are there. It takes him slighlty out of the spotlight and he wouldn’t be in contention for the Ballon D’or.

If Mbappe moves to Madrid, then Barca would be the best choice for Haaland. People love rivalry, and they’d be able to sell the El Classico, clash of the titans story line which would only enhance the reputation of both players. They would get the chance to put up big numbers, playing for clubs that are desperate to win the UCL but also clubs that have massive fan bases which keeps the best players in the spotlight.
I think Riaola would love the pay cheque there though. Plus PSG is a dominate side who will always score many goals and play in CL, and guarantee to win trophies every season. Haaland may like this idea too.

Bottom line is, Barca couldn't afford Haaland, and Haaland camps cleary wants lots of money.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I just can't see Haaland moving to PSG right now.

From the way he has talked - he seemed more likely to have a C Ronaldo type mindset that wants to go an conquer different leagues, being successful with different clubs rather than move to PSG - especially this early in his career.

He has talked about his desire to play in the PL, his desire to play in La Liga. I wouldn't be surprised if that included Serie A one day too - which then makes sense to have Raiola as your agent to help you move clubs so much.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I just can't see Haaland moving to PSG right now.

From the way he has talked - he seemed more likely to have a C Ronaldo type mindset that wants to go an conquer different leagues, being successful with different clubs rather than move to PSG - especially this early in his career.

He has talked about his desire to play in the PL, his desire to play in La Liga. I wouldn't be surprised if that included Serie A one day too - which then makes sense to have Raiola as your agent to help you move clubs so much.
I'm convinced he'll join City.
Can't see him anywhere else

NoLogo

Am I the only one with a feeling that this guy will flop in the EPL?
Hello timo werner

It is a glaring fact that the bundesliga is not a league known for good defense,
Most clubs there are addicted to a weak high defensive line system which make many attackers look like thiery henry.

He will be a stressful risky signing that will cost a lot,
Get a wide attacker and groom greenwood for the No.9 role
Greenwood will never make a good Number 9, not physical enough, which means his pace is useless if we play against deep standing opponents. Right wing, inside forward, he is tailor-made for that position, his shoot with his left foot is amazing, why waste that?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Can only see Madrid, City or PSG being willing and able to pay the outrageous wage demands. Maybe United could but just can't see him choosing you guys at the moment.

Madrid want him badly though, their plan was Mbappe first then Haaland.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Big info drop on Haaland from my favourite ITK Ed02. Some of it may be slightly out of date and of course feel free to mock/deride/ignore as normal. ;)

Erling Braut Haaland (S) As it stands right now, it will come down to the wishes of the player with Real Madrid sustaining their interest and Bayern Munich offering him the chance to stay in Germany. Dortmund will try and persuade him to sign an extension but cannot match or even come close the salary others can offer. Barcelona would need to make further huge wage savings to make anything possible, but don't rule it out. Real Madrid will make a huge effort to sign both Haaland and Mbappe for next season, although PSG will be making a very significant offer for Mbappe to stay in Paris a year or two more. The Real Madrid plan was to take Mbappe last summer and Haaland this coming summer but right now they are planning for both in the summer. Bayern Munich may look to an early agreement with Borussia Dortmund for Haaland to replace Lewandowski - Dortmund won't be keen but his agent is happy to follow this route to do what is best for the player. Juventus accept their focus is on other positions and players but do have an advantage in meeting the huge wage demands over other clubs - but not the money to buy him without sales. I expect Manchester City, if they can resolve an issue or two that they have and can find a way to make the finances work could look to Haaland. Manchester City had a preferred first choice target as an Aguero replacement, but he probably will not be available now, so their focus may shift to Haaland but only if the overall cost can be significantly reduced. The coach would prefer someone else, and the club would likely support the coach. Mino has spoken with Chelsea and has met with the owner to discuss Haaland, but the financial demands are going to be huge, and are still not fully understood at this time. A further meeting was held to try to understand better what the club would offer for Haaland going forward - although they remain put off by the overall costs and would seek a lower-cost solution. Again, I would not rule out Chelsea adding regardless of having signed Lukaku and they could look to including a player in the deal. Barcelona have discussed options with Mino but committing cash they do not have right now might make it difficult for them and they would need to let go of a couple of highly regarded youngsters to raise funds. PSG want to hold on to Mbappe for a year or two more, so they won't focus on EH and I would rule them out as an option even when that situation changes in the summer. Manchester United really blew their chance to sign to player previously and have wrecked the relationship with his agent which would make it very difficult. The cost of the overall package would rule out Liverpool being able to sign him. Haaland certainly wants a move to Real Madrid and Real Madrid want him - and it seems likely it can happen although it may suit them to wait another year or they will have a wage issue. One thing is for certain, Mino will be doing what is best for his player and not simply chasing money as everyone keeps inferring. He wants to hear the plans the clubs have for themselves going forward and how Haaland can fit in and help with that project - he gets a huge amount of bad press which is largely unwarranted and from people who don't know him. Spain over Germany or England seems the preference for the player right now and staying an additional year or two at Dortmund cannot be ruled out - but the player will want an escape route so a termination clause would be required.
Expectation: Spain over England and Germany. ] Termination Clause: Applies to all countries. Minimum €75M - variable additions for 30 goals and 40 goals, winning the league, winning the CL and gaining entry to the CL could push it to €100M - €90M seems likely. Signing on fees of €60M including player, father and agent fees. Will seek €50M annual wages but that would need to drop to perhaps €30M. Spain over Germany or England seems the preference for the player right now and staying an additional year or two at Dortmund cannot be ruled out - but the player will want an escape route so a termination clause would be required.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Big info drop on Haaland from my favourite ITK Ed02. Some of it may be slightly out of date and of course feel free to mock/deride/ignore as normal. ;)
So basically he may or may not go to a club somewhere that may or may not be able to afford his wages and fee. His agent will kook for the best deal. Alot of top teams may or may not be included on the list of potential destinations.

Cool that's that sorted

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Information from ITKs is always interesting but we'd better look at the facts:

- His father played in the Premier League.
- He grew watching and admiring the Premier League.
- All children in Norway are very close to the Premier League.
- The most competitive league in the world at the moment is the Premier League.
- The clubs with the biggest chance to win big international trophies are in the Premier League.
- The majority of best coaches in the world are in the Premier League.

Please, let me know if I am wrong on something here.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

- The clubs with the biggest chance to win big international trophies are in the Premier League.

Be confident Gato, The last three points could be used for any elite player.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
So basically he may or may not go to a club somewhere that may or may not be able to afford his wages and fee. His agent will kook for the best deal. Alot of top teams may or may not be included on the list of potential destinations.

Cool that's that sorted
The one thing I learned from reading many years of stuff from this guy is that the transfer market is a lot less straightforward than any of the media or famous ITKs like to make out. Generally the top clubs are watching huge lists of players and their interest levels are dependant on long lists of factors. There's pretty much always a plan a, b, c, d etc, and seemingly obvious moves can collapse at any moment for a wide variety of reasons, or suddenly appear out of seemingly nowhere for the same. The reason I like this guy is that he doesn't make hard and fast statements about what is going to happen or not happen, because he knows things don't actually work that way until the ink is actually on the paper.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I think Riaola would love the pay cheque there though. Plus PSG is a dominate side who will always score many goals and play in CL, and guarantee to win trophies every season. Haaland may like this idea too.

Bottom line is, Barca couldn't afford Haaland, and Haaland camps cleary wants lots of money.
Haaland doesn't give a fxxk what Rialoa wants. It is what he wants.

Wilt

Struggling to think of a single reason why Haaland would choose to come to Utd, reasons being….

He’ll want guaranteed CL football every season.
Utd’s lack of trophies in recent years.
Raiola (for obvious reasons)
To a lesser degree, Keane (my guess his family still hate him)

If he chooses Prem football it’ll be City, with Chelsea as second choice (Raiola may use Utd to ramp up the financial side)

Last edited:

captaincantona

Haaland doesn't give a fxxk what Rialoa wants. It is what he wants.
Agents are in players and families and clubs ears all the time fogging the picture just enough at the right time or developing opportunities to make moves happen. While Haaland will do what Haaland wants to do it would be foolish to think that what he wants hasn’t in some way been influenced by that mouthpiece over the last 2 years or whatever it is.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Agents are in players and families and clubs ears all the time fogging the picture just enough at the right time or developing opportunities to make moves happen. While Haaland will do what Haaland wants to do it would be foolish to think that what he wants hasn’t in some way been influenced by that mouthpiece over the last 2 years or whatever it is.
I agree.

People who started smoking were more likely to start because their friend gave them a cigarette to try, rather than them try it out by themselves.

An agent can influence a players mind and I do think Raiola does it alot.

troylocker

To be fair I've heard the same about Sancho too, miles better than Kagawa or Mkhitaryan and 0 chance to flop in PL, yet he only score 2 goals 0 assist in his first 18 games here.
Maybe small guys like these needs a bit more time to adapt to a more physical league than a 194cm physical beast would need…..none of those guys can claim that their physique is an advantage, quite the contrary.

Regarding Sancho, it’s way to early to write him off. He’s still just 21, and was very consistant over the 3 full seasons he played at Dortmund.
Mkhi was 27 when he came here and had been both hot and cold for Dortmund after he left Ukraine.
Kagawa came here at 23 after 1 good season at Dortmund.
Werner has just lett his shooting boots in Germany:
20/21 Season for Chelsea in The PL: 0,46 npxG90, 0,23 xA90 and online scored 6. He took no penalties and when you compare his output with Salah (22 goals/0,46 npxG90), Vardy (15 goals (8 pens)/ 0,41 npxG90) or Son (17 goals/0,29 npxG90) you see how bad his finishing actually was last season. His npxG90 in Leipzig was 0,48 and 0,43 his first 2 seasons there, so the only difference has been his finishing really. I don’t think you can blame the tough league for that….
Havertz has actually increased his npxG90 every season the last 5 seasons, incuding this season and has just been lacking composure in front of goal as well.

These things happen all the time, not just with players moving from one league to another. Here is another example from another player who came from Bundesliga:
KDB 19/20 in the PL: 12 non penalty goals - 0,21 npxG90 (2818 minutes)
KDB 20/21 in the PL: 4 non penalty goals - 0,35 npxG90 (2008 minutes)
…or our own Martial in the PL the last 2 seasons:
19/20: 17 non penalty goals - 0,42 npxG90 (2672 minutes)
20/21: 4 non penalty goals - 0,45 npxG90 (1494 minutes)
Same players, same clubs with and without confidence…

There is nothing about Haalands abilities or performances in Germany, Austria, the CL or for Norway that suggests he would struggle if he went to England.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I agree.

People who started smoking were more likely to start because their friend gave them a cigarette to try, rather than them try it out by themselves.

An agent can influence a players mind and I do think Raiola does it alot.
Players are not stupid. When they aware their own agent put his own interests over the player's they will ditch the agent. The agent is hired to represent the players.

Raiola has been praised by his clients many many times. He earned the trust from his clients.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Maybe small guys like these needs a bit more time to adapt to a more physical league than a 194cm physical beast would need…..none of those guys can claim that their physique is an advantage, quite the contrary.

Regarding Sancho, it’s way to early to write him off. He’s still just 21, and was very consistant over the 3 full seasons he played at Dortmund.
Mkhi was 27 when he came here and had been both hot and cold for Dortmund after he left Ukraine.
Kagawa came here at 23 after 1 good season at Dortmund.
Werner has just lett his shooting boots in Germany:
20/21 Season for Chelsea in The PL: 0,46 npxG90, 0,23 xA90 and online scored 6. He took no penalties and when you compare his output with Salah (22 goals/0,46 npxG90), Vardy (15 goals (8 pens)/ 0,41 npxG90) or Son (17 goals/0,29 npxG90) you see how bad his finishing actually was last season. His npxG90 in Leipzig was 0,48 and 0,43 his first 2 seasons there, so the only difference has been his finishing really. I don’t think you can blame the tough league for that….
Havertz has actually increased his npxG90 every season the last 5 seasons, incuding this season and has just been lacking composure in front of goal as well.

These things happen all the time, not just with players moving from one league to another. Here is another example from another player who came from Bundesliga:
KDB 19/20 in the PL: 12 non penalty goals - 0,21 npxG90 (2818 minutes)
KDB 20/21 in the PL: 4 non penalty goals - 0,35 npxG90 (2008 minutes)
…or our own Martial in the PL the last 2 seasons:
19/20: 17 non penalty goals - 0,42 npxG90 (2672 minutes)
20/21: 4 non penalty goals - 0,45 npxG90 (1494 minutes)
Same players, same clubs with and without confidence…

There is nothing about Haalands abilities or performances in Germany, Austria, the CL or for Norway that suggests he would struggle if he went to England.
Sancho was basically a young/mini “Messi” in BL in terms of his style (dribbler+playmaker) and overall stats (goals+assist), but he has been nothing but disappointing in PL so far. Although I still believe he would make it here, it just seems he is finding it hard to translate his impressive form/stats from BL to PL.

Haaland I think he would do fine here in PL, especially if he moves to dominating side like City, but I think it won’t be as impressive as his Dortmund BL form/stats.

Ladron de redcafe

On Sky Sports today they discussed Haarland with the main commentators of Sky Italy /Germany who both agreed if Mpappe goes to Real Madrid his replacement at PSG could be Haarland .
The Sky commentator from Germany was very confident of Haarland being at PSG next season. We will just have to wait and see.
He wouldn't win the Balón d'Or there, and I can't see him doing it. He will go somewhere where he's going to stand out as the main man. Even his chances of racking up the golden shoe drop if he's sharing the stage with the others.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Be confident Gato, The last three points could be used for any elite player.
I know, I just wanted to speak highly about the Premier League and I didn't know which thread I could use :D

Since the media say something new everyday it's obvious they don't have a clue on things and we'll have to wait until the end to find out.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I know, I just wanted to speak highly about the Premier League and I didn't know which thread I could use :D

Since the media say something new everyday it's obvious they don't have a clue on things and we'll have to wait until the end to find out.
:lol:
I think the Borussia president said that Madrid's prospect attracts Haaland, and I don't know if in the same statements or in others later he said that we were the most interested.
When Raiola did a tour he started in Barcelona and Madrid, and Raiola himself a few weeks ago included us in the list of possible teams + Di Marzio yesterday, saying that Haaland prefers La Liga.
It seems that everything is going in the same direction.
As you said: "Real will sign both of them because the club's biggest values are excess, hyperbole, unruliness and voracity."
The problem for me is the question of egos, if Mbappe wants to play with Haaland, and if it is sustainable to have Karim and Haaland together for a year.
Although Barcelona is improving their situation, I think it is still too for them.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Here's the only point that matters:

- Flo sees the chance of Mbappé and Halaand in the same summer and is walking around with the biggest boner in history

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
As you said: "Real will sign both of them because the club's biggest values are excess, hyperbole, unruliness and voracity."
:drool: :drool: :drool:
The problem for me is the question of egos, if Mbappe wants to play with Haaland, and if it is sustainable to have Karim and Haaland together for a year.
Although Barcelona is improving their situation, I think it is still too for them.
You say problem I say bonus! :D

MattofManchester

We hardly stand a chance of making top 4 so the idea that we'll get him is imaginary.

Start grooming Mason for the role. It's our best option atm.

dal

If I was Haaland I wouldn’t be coming to United, if he’s smart he’ll go to city if they want him. They are pissing the league without a recognised striker and Foden in honesty looks natural as a false 9.

It can be argued that Pep has a huge budget but what he does with it is glorious, United on the other hand, what a shambles.

RooneyLegend

He's going to join Bayern and form a deadly partnership with Lewandowski. Bayern will not let him leave Germany.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
apparently said he will be playing in spain next year.

linking up with Mbappe?

Could be another galactico summer if they get Pogba on too

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I just can’t see it making any sense for Haaland. He moves to an inferior league and he will never be the main man in Paris as long as Neymar and Messi are there. It takes him slighlty out of the spotlight and he wouldn’t be in contention for the Ballon D’or.

If Mbappe moves to Madrid, then Barca would be the best choice for Haaland. People love rivalry, and they’d be able to sell the El Classico, clash of the titans story line which would only enhance the reputation of both players. They would get the chance to put up big numbers, playing for clubs that are desperate to win the UCL but also clubs that have massive fan bases which keeps the best players in the spotlight.
If Haaland performs better than Messi and Neymar, he will have the spotlight to himself as well as a constant shot at the CL. Mbappe is by far their best player right now, and he's the main guy. Haaland could possibly be able to do the same.

Barcelona has simply 0 chance (or money) to sign a player like Haaland, and that club is an absolute shit-show run by a cartel of morons, although it would be fun to resume a Liga rivalry between two extraordinary players.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Thank feck he isn't going to our rivals.

I dont get people writing off Barca.

The sales people at Barca managed to sell Firpo for 15m. That's a bigger scam than 80m for Maguire.

If they can dump De Jong, Memphis, Dest, Umtiti, Countinho and make top 4 they have the money to get Haaland and they'll be on the up and up.

Jam

He's going to join Bayern and form a deadly partnership with Lewandowski. Bayern will not let him leave Germany.
Bayern don’t have a say. Their pull is on players that want to play for them, Haaland has next to no affinity to Munich and they as a club would not be able to justify the competitive spending it would take to recruit him.

They’ll be fine and make a different smart purchase to replace Lewandowski.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

This bit?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Thank feck he isn't going to our rivals.

I dont get people writing off Barca.

The sales people at Barca managed to sell Firpo for 15m. That's a bigger scam than 80m for Maguire.

If they can dump De Jong, Memphis, Dest, Umtiti, Countinho and make top 4 they have the money to get Haaland and they'll be on the up and up.
That's a lot of 'if's' and they've shown time and again a complete failure at making the right deals. Haaland is a solid talent, but like any striker he will depend and live or die by his midfield and surrounding players, if Barcelona sell all these players and don't have the proper replacement, even if by some miracle they did get Haaland (and I honestly hope they will, rather than him and Mbappe joining forces in Madrid if those are the choices), they wouldn't really compete with Haaland. They're 7th right now without letting go of a big chunk of their team as you're suggesting, in what world do they make top 4 and manage to dump some truly difficult to dump players? De Jong and Dest are maybe their two best assets on the transfer markets, and they have so many areas to work on. Haaland is someone you get as the tip of your spear, not some jacked up golf club you attach that spear tip to with some crappy duct tape and hope you can hunt for first place.

Last edited:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
That's a lot of 'if's' and they've shown time and again a complete failure at making the right deals. Haaland is a solid talent, but like any striker he will depend and live or die by his midfield and surrounding players, if Barcelona sell all these players and don't have the proper replacement, even if by some miracle they did get Haaland (and I honestly hope they will, rather than him and Mbappe joining forces in Madrid if those are the choices), they wouldn't really compete with Haaland. They're 7th right now without letting go of a big chunk of their team as you're suggesting, in what world do they make top 4 and manage to dump some truly difficult to dump players? De Jong and Dest are maybe their two best assets on the transfer markets, and they have so many areas to work on. Haaland is someone you get as the tip of your spear, not some jacked up golf club you attach that spear tip to with some crappy duct tape and hope you can hunt for first place.
Did you read the part where I said Firpo for 15m was the magic trick of the century? The Griezman deal wasnt half bad either, so they've clearly made strides in that department.

A good striker with a great goal tally can cover up a lot of shit. Messi did just that, they were in a title race last year.

The players I mentioned are for the most part shite, so I don't see how they would need to be a replaced. In the case of De Jong, they're stacked in midfield.

But yes, you're right that their squad needs a lot of work, but if they have to choose between upgrading Alba or landing Haaland, it's a no brainer.

dinostar77

PSG are going to be hell bent on getting someone in to replace losing Mbappe. I think they will make Haaland an offer he cant refuse. Riola will be smart enough to add a clause to allow him to leave after 2/3 seasons.

Or he will go to City. I cant see him wanting to share the limelight with Mbappe at Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.