g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarstoolProphet

Funny U-turn, after the Ole connection was pushed as a hard plus all the time, now they're shifting the narrative to "They never got along that well anyway" :lol:
Especially since they've been in touch regularly even after that move fell through.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Werner was hit and miss even in the BL. He needed 5 chances to score but his pace and movement got him plenty of chances.

Just comparing them is not even close.
Comparing their last full season (and best) in BL:

Timo Werner
BL 19/20: 28 goals 8 assists in 34 games (3.6 shots per game)

Haaland
BL 20/21: 27 goals 6 assists in 28 games (3.3 shots per game)

Sure Haaland is better striker, but I don't see big difference there, in terms of goals, assists, shots per game in their last (best) BL season etc. At least it looks comparable to me.

cyberman

Funny U-turn, after the Ole connection was pushed as a hard plus all the time, now they're shifting the narrative to "They never got along that well anyway" :lol:
There’s a difference between that and saying their connection wasn’t as warm?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Timo Werner

Haaland

Sure Haaland is better striker, but I don't see big difference there, in terms of goals, assists, shots per game in their last (best) BL season etc. At least it looks comparable to me.
Maybe because you are comparing Werners purple season...

troylocker

There was no competition for Sancho and we didn't have Ronaldo playing in his position. This isn't happening.
Haaland had a horrible match on Saturday, and I agree his body language was a bit negative, but Dortmund is definitely a lot better with him than without him:

With Haaland in the Bundeliga and CL this season:
14 games, 9W-1D-4L, 38-25 goal diff. 2,71 goals per 90 scored and 1,78 goals per 90 conceded. 2 points/game - He has scored or assisted 66% of Dortmunds goals while on the pitch in the CL and Bundesliga this season.
Without him:
9 games, 5W-0D-4L, 13-12 goal diff. 1,44 goals per 90 scored and 1,33 goal per 90 conceded. 1,67 points/game (Met 4 of the bottom 5 teams and 2 midtable teams (8th and 10th) in the Bundeliga in this period)

Basically 2 different teams.
Soon to be 37 years old, Ronaldo, with and without him in the PL and CL this season:

With him:
18 games, 9W-3D-6-L, 29-29 goal diff. 1,61 goals per 90 scored and 1,61 goals per 90 conceded, 1,67 points/game.

Without him this season:
4 games, 2W-2D-0L, 8-3 goal diff. 2 goals per 90 scored and 0,75 goals per 90 conceded, 2 points/game
Last season in the PL and CL (Since the samplesize this season is a bit small):
44 games, 24W-11D-9L, 88-54 goal diff. 2 goals per 90 scored and 1,23 goals per 90 conceded. 1,89 points per game......

We actually win more, score more and concede fewer goals without Ronaldo than without him. As good as he is at scoring goals he comes with an extra workload for the whole team and is 100% not the longterm solution for us. It should be pretty damn obvious that we need a striker who can both score and run.

Haaland is the best goalscorer out there, and he runs. If it is possible to sign him, we should. It would immediately take us to the next level.

I read here a while a go that a poster would rather have us relegated than have another Raiola client in this club. Made me laugh really hard. He is a football agent... When his clients are unhappy in a club or wants to move on he starts making noise in media/social media. That's pretty much the only difference between him and every other football agent. They are all greedy, and thery all work for the players, not the other way around. If a player is happy in a club and wants to stay you will not see or hear from Raiola.

Cassidy

Soon to be 37 years old, Ronaldo, with and without him in the PL and CL this season:

With him:
18 games, 9W-3D-6-L, 29-29 goal diff. 1,61 goals per 90 scored and 1,61 goals per 90 conceded, 1,67 points/game.

Without him this season:
4 games, 2W-2D-0L, 8-3 goal diff. 2 goals per 90 scored and 0,75 goals per 90 conceded, 2 points/game
Last season in the PL and CL (Since the samplesize this season is a bit small):
44 games, 24W-11D-9L, 88-54 goal diff. 2 goals per 90 scored and 1,23 goals per 90 conceded. 1,89 points per game......

We actually win more, score more and concede fewer goals without Ronaldo than without him. As good as he is at scoring goals he comes with an extra workload for the whole team and is 100% not the longterm solution for us. It should be pretty damn obvious that we need a striker who can both score and run.

Haaland is the best goalscorer out there, and he runs. If it is possible to sign him, we should. It would immediately take us to the next level.

I read here a while a go that a poster would rather have us relegated than have another Raiola client in this club. Made me laugh really hard. He is a football agent... When his clients are unhappy in a club or wants to move on he starts making noise in media/social media. That's pretty much the only difference between him and every other football agent. They are all greedy, and thery all work for the players, not the other way around. If a player is happy in a club and wants to stay you will not see or hear from Raiola.
We played much better last season so its a bit of a rubbish comparison since we played differently too, unless you are attributing or total loss of form this season to Ronaldo.
This season games I am pretty sure were against weak opposition too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Timo Werner

Haaland

6 games difference. Haaland at his best could score 10 more goals.

I'm sorry but Werner just doesn't have the finishing skills. He's got in so many positions for Chelsea then missed.

troylocker

Timo Werner

Haaland

Sure we can compare their Bundesliga numbers:

Timo Werner (Leipzig only, because his Stuttgart numbers is just too low: 13 goals and 10 assists in 95 games):
128 games, 78 goals, 33 assists. (10227 minutes) - 0,69 goals/90 minutes - 0,97 Goals+Assists/90

Haaland:
54 games, 53 goals, 16 assists. (4401 minutes) - 1,08 goals/90 minutes - 1,41 Goals+Assists/90

No big difference at all.......just like their physical attributes.

troylocker

We played much better last season so its a bit of a rubbish comparison since we played differently too, unless you are attributing or total loss of form this season to Ronaldo.
This season games I am pretty sure were against weak opposition too.
Why do you think we played better last season?

I'm definitely attributing a lot of our lost form to the fact that we have played with the striker that puts up the lowest pressing numbers of all the strikers in the top 5 leagues - this leads to us not winning the ball in favourable positions as often, our midfield and defense gets overloaded more often and must cover more ground and this changes the dynamics of a football game more than you might think. He looks like a saviour because he is a great goalscorer, but he is making us weaker as a team. He will win us some games, but he will lose us the season.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
If I understand anything about Pep and Klopp, they will possibly see his agent as a massive red flag and ultimately stay well clear, making Real Madrid as the only club in the running for him and that too when he becomes a free agent eventually.
I doubt Pep and Klopp are the one in their clubs handling player recruitment. They will be consulted for sure but they aren't the one doing the job. There are Director of Football and the whole department for that responsibility.

I have no idea why Haaland's agent is a massive red flag. He didn't red flag Salzburg (Rangnick was director of football) and Dortmund back then obviously. One thing for sure is Real Madrid won't be the only club running for him and Raiola is hired by Haaland to represent his interest.

Edit
I can see Liverpool will try to sign him if they can't convince Salah to renew his contract. Liverpool will do the math and see which option is the best for them.

Last edited:
Haaland:
54 games, 53 goals, 16 assists. (4401 minutes) - 1,08 goals/90 minutes - 1,41 Goals+Assists/90
Think your numbers are wrong. According to transfermarkt he's got 22 assists in his BL-career.
13 goals, 9 assists this season- in 895 minutes. That's a goal or assist every 40 minute. Crazy.

DSG

Agree with you, I'd only add PSG and Liverpool.

I'd say its City and Madrid as big favourites followed by Bayern and PSG, then Liverpool and Chelsea, then us.
You have to remember, there are four factors in signing Haaland: money, money, money, club.

‘Both Haaland and Mbappe want 500k per week. There are only four teams that can afford that kind of salary: Real, PSG, City and United. Maybe Chelsea, but there is FFP to worry about. Bayern, Liverpool, Barca, Juve all out. Bayern won’t break their wage structure.

For Real to take on two huge contracts would really hurt them as they transition from an older squad to a younger squad. Also, would Mbappe appreciate playing 2nd fiddle? Haaland plays striker no doubt… I’m skeptical.

City… Pep has built that side as a collective. Haaland will demand a huge salary. KDB is reportedly highest paid, with estimates ranging from 350k - 400k. A chance, but not likely that Haaland is brought in, IMHO.

PSG. Very possible with Mbappe leaving.

United. Well, we pay big salaries and won’t be running into any FFP issues. Our issues are more can we get our act together on the pitch to ensure CL football.

I know that most are saying it won’t happen, and it probably won’t, but when you analyze the economics, we are definitely in the top 4 and a viable option.

troylocker

Think your numbers are wrong. According to transfermarkt he's got 22 assists in his BL-career.
13 goals, 9 assists this season- in 895 minutes. That's a goal or assist every 40 minute. Crazy.
Transfermarkt has a bug in their assist calculation unfortunately. He sits on 5 assists this season and 16 total for BvB in the BuLi.

troylocker

Are you asking if he’s 100% sure that he’s 99% sure that he’s going to City?
Correct! I mean, he sounds so certain, so he must have access to some inside information the rest of the footballworld doesn’t know about, or something. Could totally ruin the contract and sign on fee bidding war his crew was planing if it’s already decided…..

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
6 games difference. Haaland at his best could score 10 more goals.

I'm sorry but Werner just doesn't have the finishing skills. He's got in so many positions for Chelsea then missed.
To be exact, it was less than 400 mins difference, equivalent to around 4.5 games, with Werner scoring 1 more goals and 2 more assists.

Again I think Haaland is better striker, but their previous best BL season stats is comparable at the very least.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Sure we can compare their Bundesliga numbers:

Timo Werner (Leipzig only, because his Stuttgart numbers is just too low: 13 goals and 10 assists in 95 games):
128 games, 78 goals, 33 assists. (10227 minutes) - 0,69 goals/90 minutes - 0,97 Goals+Assists/90

Haaland:

No big difference at all.......just like their physical attributes.
Its all about how we want to manipulate the stats, isn't it?

Point is, their most recent peak BL season stats is comparable, which is the my original point against the original post I am quoting from.

If you think Haaland has better overall avg BL stats than Werner, fine. But using same logic, Ronaldo has better overall avg LL stats than Messi too, so its also true, but depends on how you look at it.

Cassidy

Why do you think we played better last season?

I'm definitely attributing a lot of our lost form to the fact that we have played with the striker that puts up the lowest pressing numbers of all the strikers in the top 5 leagues - this leads to us not winning the ball in favourable positions as often, our midfield and defense gets overloaded more often and must cover more ground and this changes the dynamics of a football game more than you might think. He looks like a saviour because he is a great goalscorer, but he is making us weaker as a team. He will win us some games, but he will lose us the season.
We played and setup differently last season, we also didn't have players like Rashford missing and Maguire having an absolute stinker.

But with the addition of Varane we tried this season to be more attacking and it has not worked leaving the defence more exposed than last season. Ole got his tactics wrong.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
You have to remember, there are four factors in signing Haaland: money, money, money, club.

‘Both Haaland and Mbappe want 500k per week. There are only four teams that can afford that kind of salary: Real, PSG, City and United. Maybe Chelsea, but there is FFP to worry about. Bayern, Liverpool, Barca, Juve all out. Bayern won’t break their wage structure.

For Real to take on two huge contracts would really hurt them as they transition from an older squad to a younger squad. Also, would Mbappe appreciate playing 2nd fiddle? Haaland plays striker no doubt… I’m skeptical.

City… Pep has built that side as a collective. Haaland will demand a huge salary. KDB is reportedly highest paid, with estimates ranging from 350k - 400k. A chance, but not likely that Haaland is brought in, IMHO.

PSG. Very possible with Mbappe leaving.

United. Well, we pay big salaries and won’t be running into any FFP issues. Our issues are more can we get our act together on the pitch to ensure CL football.

I know that most are saying it won’t happen, and it probably won’t, but when you analyze the economics, we are definitely in the top 4 and a viable option.
Thought it came out that Haaland wants 50 million a season.

Rolaholic

Haaland is different gravy compared to Werner, his best season so far (41G in 41 games at 20 years old), is better than any season he ever had at RB (34 in 45 games).

He's also had a much higher goal ratio so far than even Lewandowski had for them. Not even the Ballon D'or winner Messi has a better goal and assist ratio. He's been putting up absolutely ridiculous stats in every competition, including the UCL, that he's played in on a senior level. Whoever gets him will be getting a future perennial golden boot winner that's not even in his prime yet

RedCurry

I doubt Pep and Klopp are the one in their clubs handling player recruitment. They will be consulted for sure but they aren't the one doing the job. There are Director of Football and the whole department for that responsibility.

I have no idea why Haaland's agent is a massive red flag. He didn't red flag Salzburg (Rangnick was director of football) and Dortmund back then obviously. One thing for sure is Real Madrid won't be the only club running for him and Raiola is hired by Haaland to represent his interest.

Edit
I can see Liverpool will try to sign him if they can't convince Salah to renew his contract. Liverpool will do the math and see which option is the best for them.
I am sure there are others at those respective clubs who decide on transfers but the manager must have a veto at any well run club. And even those who are in-charge of transfers will have a policy and not dealing with Raiola would be wise one for any well functioning top club. City have shown in the past that they are prepared to walk away from transfers of their top target when demands get too unreasonable.

With all due respect to Salzburg and Dortmund, these clubs have a model of profiting on players after keeping them for a few seasons and Raiola can work well with such clubs. Rangnick even talks about as one of his “three C’s” pillars - capital which is generated from sale of top youth players. At top clubs though, outspoken agents can be massively disrupting. For example, we could have done without Raiola’s unnecessary comments on Pogba, just before European knockout game which we went on to lose. Pep has experienced it first hand with Zlatan and Raiola at Barca. I don’t think either Klopp or Pep are stupid enough to disrupt a well oiled dressing room by introducing players with such toxic baggage.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It is not going to be easy for #mufc to sign Erling Haaland, the best CF in the world under the age of 23 years old.

AlexiV

Supports
FCB
I wouldn't rule out Barcelona yet.
We will have to see how the season ends and if they can sell players.

Haaland will go to a team to be the leader, in Madrid with Mbappe and Benzema that is impossible
The next team he will go to will have a lot of big personalities, I don't think it is in his list of priorities to go to a team where he can expect to come in and be the leader. He will expect to play though and to be paid a lot for it.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I've not been reading the posts - but I'm 99% sure Barcelona won't go for Haaland.

forget being expensive, Xavi is clearly a manager who wants football at Barcelona to have a certain style again.

I'm not sure how Haaland is going to help them play this La Masia style total football.

Plus Haaland has been more linked to Real Madrid - probably maybe showing his preference of being a Real Madrid player than a Barcelona one.

AussieDevil

I’d take him and his clown agent just to keep him from City. I think it’s wise for him to go and conquer Italy or Spain first for a few seasons and coming to England when he is at his peak.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I've not been reading the posts - but I'm 99% sure Barcelona won't go for Haaland.

forget being expensive, Xavi is clearly a manager who wants football at Barcelona to have a certain style again.

I'm not sure how Haaland is going to help them play this La Masia style total football.

Plus Haaland has been more linked to Real Madrid - probably maybe showing his preference of being a Real Madrid player than a Barcelona one.
The one who is obsessed with bringing him is the president, according to media quite close to Barcelona, Xavi and his assistants were watching many videos of Vlahovic.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I’d take him and his clown agent just to keep him from City. I think it’s wise for him to go and conquer Italy or Spain first for a few seasons and coming to England when he is at his peak.
This pretty much. I understand people not wanting to deal with another Riaola client, totally understand it but that sour taste would pale into insignificance when we saw him wearing a City kit. Scumbag agent or not, the Haaland is a fecking animal and I'd love to see him wearing our kit.

Hammondo

He doesn't suit a City style.

Biggins

This pretty much. I understand people not wanting to deal with another Riaola client, totally understand it but that sour taste would pale into insignificance when we saw him wearing a City kit. Scumbag agent or not, the Haaland is a fecking animal and I'd love to see him wearing our kit.
I really don’t understand the logic of buying a player just to avoid him going to a rival club. Haaland is a brilliant player but Raiola will be trying to ship him after 2 years with us so big no from me. I prefer to see Mason being developed into our long term 9.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I really don’t understand the logic of buying a player just to avoid him going to a rival club. Haaland is a brilliant player but Raiola will be trying to ship him after 2 years with us so big no from me. I prefer to see Mason being developed into our long term 9.
If usually agree but I’m those two years you talk of he could be a game changer. Haaland is one of those rare players that could give the team and absolute massive leap towards us winning the title again.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Raiola works for Haaland. It is up to the club to convince the player his future lies with the club, and money talks too obviously. If Haaland can get all he wants in terms of trophy and money in Man Utd or City why would he want to go to real madrid? of course he may seek for a new challenge or better weather later on in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.