Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriblerus

2 against Bayern in 9 minutes…Bayern will be after him now. That's how the Bundesliga works -no-one in Germany is allowed to play that well against them.

diarm

Who gave that pass in midfield in the build up to that goal? Hell of a pass and vision to even see it!

Deery

Dreary
If he signs with Man City you’re looking at Ronaldo levels of goal scoring.

Jaxa

If he signs for any rival PL club we’re all in trouble, we need to move heaven and earth to sign this guy or hopefully he signs for a different European club,

I shudder at the thought of him at City or Chelsea

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Hahaha. He is so "violent" when he celebrates goals with his teammates. Shaking and strangling them and all sorts of things. I hope someone makes a compilation of these celebrations.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Norwegian journalists salivating at their keyboards writing the post match article

Wayne's World

If he signs for City, I'll never watch another game in the league again.

City will have every league won by January, the league will become a laughing stock because he'd score 50 goals a season in that City team

Judas

Open to offers
If he does go to City the PL instantly becomes the dullest one horse race in Europe. They'd have to go out of their way to feck up and not win it at a canter for the next few years at least.

Holters

I can see a few big clubs putting up €120mil+ and letting Dortmund keep him on loan for 1 more season.

Dortmund get to keep him for another year and dont have to take the low buyout clause.
There's zero chance that anyone will pay €120m and then loan out the player for one year. There's absolutely no benefit or reason for the buying club to do so.

Red00012

If he signs for any rival PL club we’re all in trouble, we need to move heaven and earth to sign this guy or hopefully he signs for a different European club,

I shudder at the thought of him at City or Chelsea
Eh Liverpool ?

Red00012

I can see a few big clubs putting up €120mil+ and letting Dortmund keep him on loan for 1 more season.

Dortmund get to keep him for another year and dont have to take the low buyout clause.
Imagine telling the board you want €120 million to buy a player and loan the player back for a season :lol: This isn’t FM

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I'd love him here, really would. Just seems so obvious on paper, yet I doubt in reality it would work out here.

I'm so cynical now given how we keep turning players into also rans.

laughtersassassin

If we have any ambition we match every bid for for him.

That way it's his decision.
If we let him go to any other club by not bidding the club should be ashamed.

Haven't had a top Striker for years and years.

Would go a long way to trying to catch City if we had a better striker than them

BaillyBaillyBailly

Surely we have to go for this guy. Even if it’s £150m. We can’t afford any of our rivals getting him. He looks a guaranteed 30 goal a season player probably for the next 10 years.
I understand we have considerable problems in other areas but you have to pick up generational talents when they’re available.

Get Haaland in the summer. Give ole another year as he’s able to play attacking football and will help Haaland settle. Then bring in a proper manager the season after and fill the holes in the squad that need addressing.
Haaland also fits our current model, young hungry players who is desperate to prove himself and not interested in his public image.

dbs235

Surely we have to go for this guy. Even if it’s £150m. We can’t afford any of our rivals getting him. He looks a guaranteed 30 goal a season player probably for the next 10 years.
I understand we have considerable problems in other areas but you have to pick up generational talents when they’re available.
This, 100%. He'd be worth whatever it took to buy him, and with the added bonus of keeping him off another team.

Hulksmash

Someone has to stop him going to City , he will make the League boring and score 50+ Goals

It make the Premier League boring

man united 4eva

Zagadou dou dou push pineapple, shake the tree... Zagadou dou dou push pineapple, grind coffee... To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees... Come and dance every night, sing with a hula melody.. :houllier:

Hawks2008

Think I might cry if this guy goes to another team in the league and we still have Martial/Cavani/Greenwood as our strikers.

PoTMS

Do people think we will sign him? The way I see it is we won't be favourites to sign him when he leaves Dortmund. If we signed him back in January of last year, it would've been mutually beneficial. I mean who cares that he would have a release clause, at least we would have a world class striker in our ranks and hopefully he'd piss off to Spain instead of joining our direct rivals when he was to eventually leave and make us a bit profit at that too. We made a mistake not signing him because I don't think he'll ever join us now.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I’d put my money on Bayern, just makes the most sense.
Bayern already said they can't afford him this season, maybe next season would make sense when his clause kicks in. But, including United, there will be English clubs competing and I think he's said he wants to play in England.

Bristol_Red_87

I personally think its a bit ambitious to think United wouldn't be anything more than a stepping stone if we miraculously landed him?

laughtersassassin

I personally think its a bit ambitious to think United wouldn't be anything more than a stepping stone if we miraculously landed him?
This is where our attitude is wrong.

As long as we are ambitious and progress and start winning titles etc it is unlikely to be a stepping stone.

If we don't sure he'll want to leave after a few seasons.

But you know what if you have that attitude to every top player no one will want to join and you'll never compete.

SER19

City are already a great team. I worry about the elevation of Chelsea if he goes there
There was a story during the week, no idea if true, that he's ruled out Chelsea and would only consider city, united, Liverpool, Real, barca or Juve.

Since the Spanish and Italian teams would struggle to pay it, if he moves this summer I think it will only be city or us, with city the clear favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.