Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickson

He's like Lukaku. Can't see City signing him. Maybe if they are to change style and want a different alternative. Haaland is an excellent goalscorer, poacher, and finisher with power and this might sound harsh, but I'm not impressed with him in general regarding technique, touch etc.

He's like Lukaku. Can't see City signing him. Maybe if they are to change style and want a different alternative. Haaland is an excellent goalscorer, poacher, and finisher with power and this might sound harsh, but I'm not impressed with him in general regarding technique, touch etc.
His first touch is top class.

Anyway I do agree with you in that he doesn’t suit Peps style of play.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Do people here want him to go to City - in a “it would be great to see him in the PL” way, or prefer him to go to Madrid? I'll take Madrid. Wont be coming here, obviously, so that's the lesser of the evils for me.

seegoblu

Ideally Dortmund qualifies for the Champions League and isn’t put in a position where they have to conduct a fire sale this summer window. That allows them to sell Sancho this summer and hold Haaland.

While there isnt a free run at Sancho like last summer, if United still wants him I assume the club would lead for him. Even if Sancho is the only marquee signing and the remainder of the transfer kitty depends on sales, I think the team will be improved. Then in ‘22, United pays the release clause and sells Haaland on the demonstrable progress the team continues to make, a reunion with a happy and thriving Sancho and still play for Ole.

OrcaFat

Ideally Dortmund qualifies for the Champions League and isn’t put in a position where they have to conduct a fire sale this summer window. That allows them to sell Sancho this summer and hold Haaland.

While there isnt a free run at Sancho like last summer, if United still wants him I assume the club would lead for him. Even if Sancho is the only marquee signing and the remainder of the transfer kitty depends on sales, I think the team will be improved. Then in ‘22, United pays the release clause and sells Haaland on the demonstrable progress the team continues to make, a reunion with a happy and thriving Sancho and still play for Ole.
That would appear logical from a business perspective, why pay more for Haaland now when the release clause will kick in next year? Likely the way our board would look at it, I assume.

But I don’t think we’ll pay what it takes to get Sancho.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Pep won't always be at City
Haaland is looking to be the best goalscorer of the next decade.
Who cares if he doesn't fit Pep's overall playing style? I'm sure he'd find a way to work around Haaland's qualities.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if they got him. Some might disagree but to me they're deadly in the transfer market, if the price is right and they want the player they generally get them without any hassle.
and within about a week of the window opening.... none of Woodward's haggling over £7.50

Suedesi

United should go all out for this cnut. Just pull all the stops to see it through. This fecker will dominate world football for the next decade.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm very impressed with him, not just his ability to put the ball behind the net but I think he's hold up play is excellent and he's a ruthless player. So I don't know about City not being interested, he can give a different dimension not having so many midgets and being able to hold the ball will help the team to retain possession and circulate the ball.

Anyway I think he would make a better fit for Liverpool playing under Klopp as the kid is a maniac that loves to bombard the area.

How on earth is he like Lukaku?

His touch and movement is amazing. Lukaku needs to run at you and physically dominate or hes useless.

Suedesi

This is silly. He's a great striker and would instantly improve them and give them more options upfront than Jesus or whoever the feck they play upfront. Pep worked well with Lewa and David Villa it's not like he's allergic to a number 9

Mickson

This is silly. He's a great striker and would instantly improve them and give them more options upfront than Jesus or whoever the feck they play upfront. Pep worked well with Lewa and David Villa it's not like he's allergic to a number 9
Villa and Lewandowski are excellent with the ball at their feet. Has great technique. Haaland really hasn't. And I'm not putting him down, he is better at other things. But to say that he's as good at them technically, well he isn't.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Villa and Lewandowski are excellent with the ball at their feet. Has great technique. Haaland really hasn't. And I'm not putting him down, he is better at other things. But to say that he's as good at them technically, well he isn't.
Better than hes getting credit for, much improved and still improving

Suedesi

Don't knock Haaland's first touch. It's very good and it's only going to get better. He's only 20 ffs, at that age Lewa was playing for Pruckzow or Poznan I can't recall. He's not as good as Lewa now, but he ceratinly can be in a few years

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The Athletic:

• City are not interested in Mbappe because of "extremely high" salary demands; not keen to break their wage structure (one reason why Kevin De Bruyne contract talks are ongoing)
  • City looking for top striker this summer; in contention for Haaland, Lukaku being considered, longstanding interest in Kane but price and Levy will prove problematic
  • City have had issues with Haaland's agent Mino Raiola but Haaland's main representative is believed to be his father (and former City player) Alf-Inge
  • City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Barcelona interested in Haaland

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The Athletic:

• City are not interested in Mbappe because of "extremely high" salary demands; not keen to break their wage structure (one reason why Kevin De Bruyne contract talks are ongoing)
  • City looking for top striker this summer; in contention for Haaland, Lukaku being considered, longstanding interest in Kane but price and Levy will prove problematic
  • City have had issues with Haaland's agent Mino Raiola but Haaland's main representative is believed to be his father (and former City player) Alf-Inge
  • City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Barcelona interested in Haaland
People would dismiss the idea but Lukaku would score loads for City.

dinostar77

No chance Lukaku voluntarily leaves Inter. He loves it over there.

Mbappe wants Neymar wages circa €700,000 a week. No way anyone in PL is gonna go anywhere near that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Messi or Haaland?

you’ve got to think city will be all over messi, so that’s the only thing that gives me more hope.
Messi isn't likely to be leaving now Laporta's won the election.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Messi isn't likely to be leaving now Laporta's won the election.
Perhaps - I still think Barca will want to move him on financially, maybe even Messi will fancy a new challenge himself. Who knows.

Either way I don't think Haaland is a pep striker, then again he can't really do a worse job than Jesus either :lol:

diarm

No chance Lukaku voluntarily leaves Inter. He loves it over there.
I agree with this. He know's if he comes back to the prem he'll likely be found out again and can't keep hiding behind his "it was everyone elses fault schtick".

danamann

I agree with this. He know's if he comes back to the prem he'll likely be found out again and can't keep hiding behind his "it was everyone elses fault schtick".
How is exactly was Lukaku 'found out' in the prem when he scored 120 goals and assisted 30 or so in 250 matches? Obviously we all know his weaknesses but this is disrespectful to him as a striker. He is certainly among the top 5 No 9 in the world.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How is exactly was Lukaku 'found out' in the prem when he scored 120 goals and assisted 30 or so in 250 matches? Obviously we all know his weaknesses but this is disrespectful to him as a striker. He is certainly among the top 5 No 9 in the world.
Is he? Kane and Lewandowski are easily better, Immobile plays in same league and he has much better stats, then you have players like Mbappe and Haaland.

Serie A attackers in last 2 seasons.

AgeClubMinsGoalsAssistsGoals + AssistsMins per goalMins per G+A
Luis Muriel29Atalanta20573263864.2854.13
Ronaldo36Juventus47315185992.7680.19
Immobile31Lazio493650126298.7279.61
Zlatan39Milan246724630102.7982.23
Lukaku27Inter475841849116.0597.10
Zapata29Atalanta3501271138129.6792.13
Caputo33Sassuolo4255311142137.26101.31
Joao Pedro28Cagilari531430636177.13147.61

bsCallout

He's levels above Lukaku. His touch is miles better. He's more like a bigger, more powerful Ruud.

diarm

He was found out at a big club like United. Didn't have the balls for it.

He was found out at a big club like United. Didn't have the balls for it.
Really don't know what his problem is. He's obviously naturally gifted but seems to have the most fragile of egos which naturally leads him to blame everyone else for his own faults. it's like he confused being a fighter with being a moralizing moaner.

Siorac

Do we have a good chance of getting this guy?
Zero chance.
Do people here want him to go to City - in a “it would be great to see him in the PL” way, or prefer him to go to Madrid? I'll take Madrid. Wont be coming here, obviously, so that's the lesser of the evils for me.
Why on Earth would anyone want him to go to City? If I want to watch him, I can watch him playing for Real Madrid or Bayern.

Hoof the ball

100% not real. Here is the Bundesliga stats for the previous season (19-20) and this season (20-21) combined. He's still on 33% conversion rate which is insane. I threw Sancho in there for fun.
Player​
Minutes​
Goals​
Shots​
Conversion Rate​
Goal X Min​
Robert Lewandowski​
4716​
65​
236​
28%​
73mins​
Erling Haaland​
2665​
32​
96​
33%​
83mins​
Jadon Sancho​
4069​
23​
96​
24%​
177mins​
That stat reads goals to shots-on-target, though, and not goals to overall shots (on or off target).

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
That stat reads goals to shots-on-target, though, and not goals to overall shots (on or off target).
Nah it was total shots, I took the stat from whoscored. Haaland for example has 62 shots this season and had 34 last season.

edit: Reread your post and I see what you mean now.

Last edited:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
His decision making and ability to find space, attack the space, create shots, and right place right time remind me of prime Ruud before he lost his pace. Better passer from what little I've seen of Haaland. Probably has a higher ceiling.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
@Hoof The Ball

His Goal to On Target conversion rate is pretty much identical to Lewandowski and Sancho. Haaland on 1.7 shots on target = goal, Sancho and Lewandowski on 1.8

Haaland with 54 shots on target and 32 goals, Lewandowski with 116 shots on target and 65 goals and Sancho with 42 shots on target and 23 goals.

Disclaimer: Bundesliga stats only

The problem is Andre Silva is on 2.2 as is Andrej Kramaric. Wout Weghorst on 2.4, which brings up a question about the German leagues strength. Either way, impressive stats.

Hoof the ball

@Hoof The Ball

His Goal to On Target conversion rate is pretty much identical to Lewandowski and Sancho. Haaland on 1.7 shots on target = goal, Sancho and Lewandowski on 1.8

Haaland with 54 shots on target and 32 goals, Lewandowski with 116 shots on target and 65 goals and Sancho with 42 shots on target and 23 goals.

Disclaimer: Bundesliga stats only

The problem is Andre Silva is on 2.2 as is Andrej Kramaric. Wout Weghorst on 2.4, which brings up a question about the German leagues strength. Either way, impressive stats.
Hmmm.... a high shots-on-target to goals ratio potentially suggests that German defences don't close down quick enough, and therefore present the shooter with more time to shoot under lesser pressure?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Hmmm.... a high shots-on-target to goals ratio potentially suggests that German defences don't close down quick enough, and therefore present the shooter with more time to shoot under lesser pressure?
Aye, if you watch Haalands goals he does get acre of space, but to be fair a lot of that is down to his speed and movement. Similar with Lewandoski who has exceptional movement. I'm not questioning Haalands ability, he's an absolute unit, but i'm not convinced he could put in the same numbers in the Premier League. Neither could Lewandowski.

romufc

Aye, if you watch Haalands goals he does get acre of space, but to be fair a lot of that is down to his speed and movement. Similar with Lewandoski who has exceptional movement. I'm not questioning Haalands ability, he's an absolute unit, but i'm not convinced he could put in the same numbers in the Premier League. Neither could Lewandowski.
We have seen it with Haller, Werner and the like that the PL is different gravy.

Alot of goals Dortmund score come from counter attacks when the other team has like 2 v 3 at the back which is not what you get in the PL.

Playing for a top club in the PL, you have 2 CB and a DM around you so everything has to be perfect.

He is a very good goal scorer but I havent seen much on his hold up play and all round play yet. I dont watch much of Dortmund so cannot comment.

I also read somewhere that he had 9 touches of the ball or something during the whole game?

Status
Not open for further replies.