Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's worth that kind of money, especially if Havertz went for the price he went for. If Haaland is worth 100m+, so is Sancho IMO. He's just as talented, potent, and covers both wings to great effect.
Are you really using Havertz as a barometer of value?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Are you really using Havertz as a barometer of value?
It doesn't matter, that's how these things work between clubs when it comes to negotiation. If someone like that went for that much, Dortmund can reasonably expect over 100m for Sancho, and it would be warranted.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
You'd have to be proper deluded to think it's first come first served with Haaland this season, he could choose any club he wants, he'll want to hear every offer he has. He's not gonna just join the first team that shows a slight bit of interest.
Of course there has to be more to it than that but City have recently a history of laying their groundwork early and often sealing the deal too.
There are only a small number of clubs who have the financial ability to give Dortmund what they want at the moment so the clock is ticking.

cyberman

Hes not leaving if they get top 4 and theyre getting top 4.
Itll be Sancho again and he'll be joining us imo

James Peril

One is genuinely surprised when he doesn’t score - in any game. One is at the same time surprised every time Martial scores, and that’s why we will never win the league with him as our main striker.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Haaland is a weird player. I've been watching him closely this season.
in the hertha game now, he didn't touch the ball in the first 20 minutes and ended up with about 6 touches in the first half, two of which were miscontrols.
but he comes alive on the break or when there's a cross.
he would be an odd match for man city really.
as we are an odd bunch ourselves who love direct counters, he would suit us better.
man city have been playing without a number 9 alot of this season and haven't really suffered, while pep is obsessed with players keeping the ball.
a friend of mine who supports city says that there are pictures of Haaland and his dad in city jerseys though, and that they are in pole position.
This has been doing the rounds for a while.
https://images.app.goo.gl/DYvZNoqYr1X1dtnc7

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
One is genuinely surprised when he doesn’t score - in any game. One is at the same time surprised every time Martial scores, and that’s why we will never win the league with him as our main striker.
Pretty bad game from Haaland today. And Im honestly surprised he didn't s score. Its Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski and now Haaland that I *always* expect will be on a teams scoresheet.

Real shame that Jarstein let that fumble in, he's been so good for Herta.

Bwuk

Haaland is a weird player. I've been watching him closely this season.
in the hertha game now, he didn't touch the ball in the first 20 minutes and ended up with about 6 touches in the first half, two of which were miscontrols.
but he comes alive on the break or when there's a cross.
he would be an odd match for man city really.
as we are an odd bunch ourselves who love direct counters, he would suit us better.
man city have been playing without a number 9 alot of this season and haven't really suffered, while pep is obsessed with players keeping the ball.
a friend of mine who supports city says that there are pictures of Haaland and his dad in city jerseys though, and that they are in pole position.
Means nothing. Our manager was a Liverpool fan.

432JuanMata

It's funny but I'd rather a CDM and Striker over a CB and RW.
No we need a RW first by a mile it’s been 6 years since we were any one bit decent going down the right. With AWB not the best at attacking our right side is so awful that 95% of our attacks come down the left. I think there was one game this season where a team just let us attack down the right leaving AWB free and pushed over towards our left and it nullified us.

If you are saying you would rather Haaland than a RW then I’ll agree since he’s a one of a kind but overall our first signing should be a RW

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
With Aguero off, City firmly one of the best clubs in the world, Pep at the helm and his dad's link to the club...

If they move for him, he goes there. Finito.

croadyman

No we need a RW first by a mile it’s been 6 years since we were any one bit decent going down the right. With AWB not the best at attacking our right side is so awful that 95% of our attacks come down the left. I think there was one game this season where a team just let us attack down the right leaving AWB free and pushed over towards our left and it nullified us.

If you are saying you would rather Haaland than a RW then I’ll agree since he’s a one of a kind but overall our first signing should be a RW
Do you not think DM is just as important because we are losing far too many midfield battles due to this

manuchamp88

With Aguero off, City firmly one of the best clubs in the world, Pep at the helm and his dad's link to the club...

If they move for him, he goes there. Finito.
We'll simply have to get Mbappé or Kane in that case. There's more or less no other way we'll be able to compete. Cristiano could be the backup option, but there's more of a risk he could go into a decline.

432JuanMata

Do you not think DM is just as important because we are losing far too many midfield battles due to this
No the RW is still the most important as you look at any top team that challenges they all have top RW/LW, Their backup RW’s are still good players. Would do we actually have that’s actually a RW ? Diallo is way to young and inexperienced to be our first choice.
I agree that DM is then our most glaring weakness, Matic is finished, Scott is more of a box to box and Fred is a pure CM.
I think we need a ST and CB too but I’d be happy with a top RW and DM as our only signings in the summer as I feel that will make us so more balanced

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
We'll simply have to get Mbappé or Kane in that case. There's more or less no other way we'll be able to compete. Cristiano could be the backup option, but there's more of a risk he could go into a decline.
At that point, you're basically just waiting for Pep to get bored and feck off in the hope they mess up replacing him :lol:

laughtersassassin

Yes I do mean specifically Halaand. I'd sacrifice any position to get him because he is one of a kind

432JuanMata

Yes I do mean specifically Halaand. I'd sacrifice any position to get him because he is one of a kind
Oh well then yeah I agree. This would be like us signing RVP when we needed a CM for years. This kid is the real deal and he plays like a 27 year old experienced ST.

dinostar77

Tabloid story that we are out of the running. Dortmund want £90mil in one payment upfront this summer. City favourites.

laughtersassassin

Tabloid story that we are out of the running. Dortmund want £90mil in one payment upfront this summer. City favourites.
Pathetic if we can't do that when we done next to nothing last summer.

You'd swear we where the ones winning leagues.

Will have a few sales this summer to. Been years since we had a striker that's good enough.

manuchamp88

Just be glad Klopp has done the noble thing and graciously imploded :lol:
I love that Liverpool have gone off the rails, but to be honest, I feel a bit sorry for Klopp as I wonder how much his mother's death has to do with his lessened impact on the team.

On a related note, I know a Liverpool fan who would quite happily flog Salah to Madrid etc. for a huge sum and with that money refresh the squad a bit.

Cman

After the past few transfer windows it’s hard to believe we will go and get him. But if a man wanted to go with the glass half full attitude you can make a case for it. The main reason I think for optimism is that it makes sense in every way including financially. If we sign him on the same sort of deal he signed with Dortmund we would make a profit on him in a few years time. Hopefully we have him for a year or two longer than Dortmund maybe 4/5 years. It wouldn’t be great when the time when he moves on comes but if we have win a title or two in that time and make a profit, how bad. Spending 100mil now knowing you will easy get 150 for him in a few years makes him a solid investment.

It kinda goes back to the transfer policy we had not long after Glazers first took over where we supposedly had a 50mil transfer kitty with an addition 50 for a star player if available.
Another reason for optimism is that we already made a significant bid for Sancho and most of that money wasn’t spent last window.
Also Woodward made the mistake last year of saying we were going to have lots of money to spend and that backfired big time. I am quietly hoping that they have learnt their lesson and have money to spend this year but are just playing it smarter.

Its very hard to believe that the Glazers will spend 150-200mil and even if they were will it’s hard to believe we could get the deals done. But with Haaland seeming such a no brainer of an investment opportunity maybe just maybe there’s a chance.

Bwuk

Makes it even less meaningful when his dad is an actual former Manchester City player
He was there for 3 seasons. Hardly significant. Bloody Darmian was at United longer and played for us more than Haaland did for City.

City also terminated his contract early.

It means f*ck all.

Bwuk

I love that Liverpool have gone off the rails, but to be honest, I feel a bit sorry for Klopp as I wonder how much his mother's death has to do with his lessened impact on the team.

On a related note, I know a Liverpool fan who would quite happily flog Salah to Madrid etc. for a huge sum and with that money refresh the squad a bit.
If Madrid had the sort of money to buy Salah they wouldn’t spend it on Salah.

teteus

Supports
Flamengo
Is this real? It seems too ridiculous even for his standards.
I made a mistake. My original source seems to have been flawed. I found another one that says this:

Goals: 20
Shots: 45
Shots on target: 29
Assists: 2

Pscholes18

Forget about that. Why on earth would Martial go to Dortmund. He´s not s slave you can just ship off wherever you´d like.
Because maybe it would be good for his career and he'd urn out to be a great player. Dortmund have a knack for that.

Pscholes18

Ronaldo was only here for a few years, we won the lot. I honestly wouldn't give a feck if Haaland was only with us for say 4 years, we win loads and he moves on. Not every player stays at a club for 8-9 years or gives up their entire career to a club.
Yeah and success will bring the players back wanting to play for United.

lex talionis

How does a team end up being the highest scoring team in the league and yet still be uncreative?

Have you actually seen how many big chances we miss? We create more chances than anyone. Bruno stats would be insane if our strikers actually finished half the chances.
Heed this man.

Status
Not open for further replies.