Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
What is it with you and Caf bets? You're doing the same in the Milan thread about Ibrahimovic.
Must be desperate to leave the caf. Make enough 'one of us quits the caf' bets, and sooner or later you'd lose at least one. Surely easier to tell a mod to ban you rather than create a drama about it.

UpWithRivers

If he goes this year it will be about how much cash Dortmund can get for him. If he goes when his release clause kicks in then it will be the release clause (80 mill) + how much a club is willing to pay Raiola and Haaland in signing on and wages. So basically he will stay.

SwedishFish

All those who are claiming that Ole will play a big role in Erling's transfer to United before next season, are you really sure of that? I am absolutely sure Haaland will not be playing for Manchester United next season. Let's make a proper bet: if he is a Manchester United player come September 2021, I will quit the caf forever. If he is not, you quit. Any takers? The deadline is 22.00 hrs Central European time, March 20, 2021.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't get enough aye?

Drizzle

If he goes this year it will be about how much cash Dortmund can get for him. If he goes when his release clause kicks in then it will be the release clause (80 mill) + how much a club is willing to pay Raiola and Haaland in signing on and wages. So basically he will stay.
Agreed - assuming they get into the champions league. If they don't, both financial pressure and Haaland's desire to be in the CL will mean a move is feasible.

Water Melon

Just curious, but what do you hope to achieve with a post like this? You put yourself out there saying that you are absolutely sure that he won't be playing for us next season, but there's obviously no way that you can be so certain. This is a great example of the modern trend on here of our supporters just being generally down about the club, and you seem to do it a lot.

So what if people want to speculate about a player like this coming here. So what if people think (as I do) that our managers relationship might be a benefit to our chances.
At least I am certain he won't come and am honest about it. You can speculate all you want, I could not care less. If you are certain, then take the bet. Ciao.

Water Melon

Bit silly this though, nobody knows how it will turn out, there are a million moving parts that all go into whether a transfer happens or doesn’t.

I think we can be sure that he knows Ole and has a good relationship with him and that United are one of very few who could afford him. That’s all people are really suggesting, not that it’s by any means nailed on becuase it isn’t.

I think if we were to go all out for him this summer he could be tempted to come here to United, be the main man and would fancy the challenge. He seems that type of character. But who knows, he might loathe United.
It is not silly, it is as straightforward as it could be. You take a bet or jog on, simples.

Siorac

Must be desperate to leave the caf. Make enough 'one of us quits the caf' bets, and sooner or later you'd lose at least one. Surely easier to tell a mod to ban you rather than create a drama about it.
Also, you can just... not read the Caf. Or do people really have zero willpower at all and just can't stop themselves?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
At least I am certain he won't come and am honest about it. You can speculate all you want, I could not care less. If you are certain, then take the bet. Ciao.
You're honest about the fact that you are certain of something you couldn't possibly be certain of? Okay

Matriac

Nobody is certain he moves at all this summer.
But if he does, we are in with a very good shout.

croadyman

I get the feeling that any plans for other positions are on hold until we know if there is any hope of him being available

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I didn’t say your point was aimed at me, I’m questioning the merits of your points. Because Dortmund can’t win the league with Haaland and Sancho has no bearing on weather we can. We have a better squad than them, and if you want to go back historically over many years - then they have not been struggling to make the top 4 either, only this year. And this year we are second.

We’re not that far really. In order to pull away from us, they needed to literally win every game for three months, which is abnormal. We have dropped maybe 2 or 3 more than even a normal title challenging team would in the same period, and a team shouldn’t normally be expected to win every single game to win the league. If any team does that in a given year, they will pull away.

Even still, with a Haaland and Sancho, we’d have likely picked up at least another 5 in that spell when I look at the points we dropped, which with game in hand, would still have us in a title race, even with a City that won every game for 3 months.
I don't think that the exact order in which City accumulated points (specifically what happened in the last 3 months) is really relevant. All teams have patches of above average form and patches of below average form, City probably underperformed from Sep to Dec and then overperformed from Jan to March. They are where they are having had a purple patch and a brown patch - it's easy to find anomalies and abnormalities if you narrow your timeframe down to much less than a season, that's kinda how random distribution works. City were still in the bottom half in December remember. Surely Dortmund fans could have looked at the 2018/19 league table, where they lost the league by 2 points and said, exactly as you are doing now, that with Haaland they'd have picked up another 5 wins and then project that they'd have won the league with games to spare. I'm just saying it doesn't necessarily follow that that is the case. But i agree it's next to impossible to make exact comparisons and for that reason you'll always be able to isolate a way that what's happening to Dortmund doesn't apply here. I'm just wary of the logic of anyone who says 'If we'd had X, Y, Z, striker we'd have picked up another 5 wins'. Football never seems to actually work that simplistically.

Water Melon

I bet you your house that we sign a CB in next transfer window. What you saying?
It is quite obvious we will, never claimed the opposite, unlike you who is not man enough to take on a bet that opposes your view. Go, learn some logic. Now jump in my ignore list. By the way, the bet is still there, but you will bottle it.

Water Melon

You're honest about the fact that you are certain of something you couldn't possibly be certain of? Okay
Jog on mate. The bet is there, I am honest and confident enough to make it. You are not, it really is clear to me. Let me see if there is at least one taker. Ciao.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If they get offered more than the release clause this summer they'll take it IMO.

They can't afford to lose extra money again like they did with Sancho for instance. They could have got 90m out of us but instead tried to stretch us for 120m. Now they'll probably get half of that.

Water Melon

I am sure that even IF he does, he won't sign for us. This is exactly why the bet is there. I have read all of the arguments in this thread and find it funny that some posters are trying to convince me that my statement is wrong. If someone is sure it is wrong, he/she takes the bet. If not, pass it up.

passing-wind

I think it's both what's a good move financially and also the players desire to be competitive. For the above reason I would place City higher if indeed they are interested. Second to them I'd say either ourselves or Chelsea. That's in the league at least if Madrid stump up the finances he'll likely be in Spain. I don't think anyone can see for certain where his next club lies there's many unanswered questions about his desires / preference.

His father stated that he felt only Solskjaer was interested in his services more than the club. The new restructuring was important because from similar comments via Di Maria (I know not the best example) he felt he was signed for marketing purposes. It's very unprofessional of likely Judges / Woodward's handling when these types of opinions are being made public knowledge and most importantly of the knowledge of those who if effects most (targets).

Matriac

It is quite obvious we will, never claimed the opposite, unlike you who is not man enough to take on a bet that opposes your view. Go, learn some logic. Now jump in my ignore list. By the way, the bet is still there, but you will bottle it.

If you knew logic you would realize that your bet is immensely skewed towards you winning.

Since as mentioned above, there's no guarantee he moves at all this summer. And if he does there are of course other clubs that will try for him. There's also a (I hope small) chance that our board wouldn't want to compete on the same financial level as others.

If he does move, we are absolutely among the favorites. But that doesn't mean the odds aren't in your favor.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
All those who are claiming that Ole will play a big role in Erling's transfer to United before next season, are you really sure of that? I am absolutely sure Haaland will not be playing for Manchester United next season. Let's make a proper bet: if he is a Manchester United player come September 2021, I will quit the caf forever. If he is not, you quit. Any takers? The deadline is 22.00 hrs Central European time, March 20, 2021.
Just quit the Caf, bro.

Matriac

I get the feeling that any plans for other positions are on hold until we know if there is any hope of him being available
I think this is true to an extent. But I'm sure we are planning for various options already.

We will know before the summer if he is open to a move, and try to negotiate with Dortmund when they know if they have CL football next year or not.

But we are most likely already hitting up agents of other players we would go for if Haaland isn't an option.
Then tell agent/player that "We decided to go with another option" if Haaland is coming.

Harold_Giles

I am sure that even IF he does, he won't sign for us. This is exactly why the bet is there. I have read all of the arguments in this thread and find it funny that some posters are trying to convince me that my statement is wrong. If someone is sure it is wrong, he/she takes the bet. If not, pass it up.
The main problem with your bet is that nobody on here is claiming that he'll certainly join us.
However it's perfectly reasonable to assume that if we go all in for him this summer, he might consider joining us.

Matriac

If they get offered more than the release clause this summer they'll take it IMO.

They can't afford to lose extra money again like they did with Sancho for instance. They could have got 90m out of us but instead tried to stretch us for 120m. Now they'll probably get half of that.
Any buying club would still rely on Haaland wanting to move this summer. As long as Dortmund remains in the CL it is likely that he will stay. Because a year later the player (and Raiola) will get the money any club is willing to pay over the release clause this summer.

It's still possible Dortmund could sell for 100m this summer and another 40m to player/agent could convince them to move this summer. But less likely in the current economy.

Eriku

That kind of certainty usually comes with not knowing what you’re talking about.

Water Melon

That kind of certainty usually comes with not knowing what you’re talking about.
Jog on right into my ignore list. I do know what I am talking about, hence the bet. Now stick your condescending tone up your hole and keep it there.

bsCallout

That's a bit bizarre. I've never bet in my life, so why would I take a bet now if I thought different to you, just to prove I thought different?

RUCK4444

Wow your weirdly aggressive aren’t you, how precious.

Please do add me to your ignore list, you will have to add most of the forum though if you ignore anybody who thinks your posts are sh*t.

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Jog on right into my ignore list. I do know what I am talking about, hence the bet. Now stick your condescending tone up your hole and keep it there.
Jog on mate. The bet is there, I am honest and confident enough to make it. You are not, it really is clear to me. Let me see if there is at least one taker. Ciao.
It is not silly, it is as straightforward as it could be. You take a bet or jog on, simples.
I think it’s nice that you care about fellow posters cardiovascular fitness and want your fellow posters to take up running. :D

Water Melon

I think it’s nice that you care about fellow posters cardiovascular fitness and want your fellow posters to take up running. :D
Aye. Have had enough of the idiotic comments. The amount of mental gymnastics done on here is crazy at times. The bet is absolutely clear. You either take it or jog on. Good luck to us against Milan.

Dve

Any specific reason why you would want people to quit the caf? I think there is a chance we´ll sign Haaland, but I don´t see why seeing you quit this forum would be any kind of notable reward. And for the record, Ole may not be enough to bring Haaland to United, but it will count on the plus side, I´m sure of that.

Last edited:

Red_toad

Oh, I´m sure most of us can handle a disappointment now and then, it´s not such a big deal. Better to be disappointed sometimes, than dismissing all possibilities for something good to happen.
It's every single transfer window, just plain silliness. I'm happy to look at the speculation and see where it leads to but some people it's obsessional.

Dve

“He who asserts belief with absolute certainty knows nothing of faith and makes himself into a fool."
Cristina Marrero

Water Melon

Any specific reason why you would want people to quit the caf? I think there is a chance we´ll sign Haaland, but I don´t see why seeing you quit this site would be any kind of notable reward. And for the record, Ole may not be enough to bring Haaland to United, but it will count on the plus side, I´m sure of that.
No mate, I do not want anyone quit the caf. You know what the bet is about, right? If anything it affects me first and foremost. The way you ask the question tells me a lot as well. Having played footy as a pro until 18-19, before having my knee fecked, I probably know a tad more about the game than some of the posters here. There is half a dozen reasons why I can't see Haaland signing for United. One of the reasons is our coaching staff, the way they make our team play. There are some other reasons too. Thus, the bet. If anyone is as sure in the opposite as I am, then let them take the bet on. Alternatively, they can jog on and just ignore it.

Water Melon

“He who asserts belief with absolute certainty knows nothing of faith and makes himself into a fool."
Cristina Marrero
My lord, another one. See yas, sorry, not see yas again .

No mate, I do not want anyone quit the caf. You know what the bet is about, right? If anything it affects me first and foremost. The way you ask the question tells me a lot as well. Having played footy as a pro until 18-19, before having my knee fecked, I probably know a tad more about the game than some of the posters here. There is half a dozen reasons why I can't see Haaland signing for United. One of the reasons is our coaching staff, the way they make our team play. There are some other reasons too. Thus, the bet. If anyone is as sure in the opposite as I am, then let them take the bet on. Alternatively, they can jog on and just ignore it.
its an unfair bet, given the number of clubs that are interested.

it’s stating the obvious that he’s likely to go somewhere other than United. But where?

if you name who you think he will go to, I’ll take a bet that he will go to United, and you can have the other club. If he goes elsewhere, then the bet is void.

United have as good a chance of getting him as anyone else.

Dve

You mean to say you are older than 18? Ok. Keep up the good work.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Cristina Marrero
"A casual stroll through an asylum, shows faith proves nothing." Nietzsche,

Status
Not open for further replies.