Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Melon

its an unfair bet, given the number of clubs that are interested.

it’s stating the obvious that he’s likely to go somewhere other than United. But where?

if you name who you think he will go to, I’ll take a bet that he will go to United, and you can have the other club. If he goes elsewhere, then the bet is void.

United have as good a chance of getting him as anyone else.
If it is an unfair bit, you just do not take it. Some of the posters here were claiming that having Ole at the wheel gives us a bit of advantage. I am absolutely sure it does not. Pep, Tuchel, Zidane and even Pochettino are much-much better propositions imo. I would say that Rogers is a better manager than Ole, but Haaland will not join Leicester for obvious reasons. Ole is a nobody amoung top managers, and I doubt Haaland would like to spend his next three-four seasons at United under OGS. If we do really well next season and Erling is still available, then it is a different story. For now, it is a clear no go imo. Then there is a whole set of other factors like wages, official and unofficial payments, agent fee, playing style etc. I am absolutely sure that if Haaland moves this summer, he will pick a manager who has achieved much more in his career than Ole.

TheReligion

Abusive
All those who are claiming that Ole will play a big role in Erling's transfer to United before next season, are you really sure of that? I am absolutely sure Haaland will not be playing for Manchester United next season. Let's make a proper bet: if he is a Manchester United player come September 2021, I will quit the caf forever. If he is not, you quit. Any takers? The deadline is 22.00 hrs Central European time, March 20, 2021.
What is this about?

If Haaland particularly wants to move to England then of course he will consider United. One thing that the club has shown post Sir Alex is it can still attract the best players and I'd argue at the moment the club is far more stable than it was under Moyes, LvG and Jose.

Obviously Haaland might want to go to Spain, or be tempted by big money at PSG. No one really knows other than him but I'm fairly sure he'll end up in England and follow in his father's footsteps and if that's what's in his mind you can't with any certainty rule United out unless of course you're Haaland yourself and you're simplytrying to get as many posters as possible to agree to leave the Caf so you can take over and have the place to yourself.

Water Melon

What is this about?

If Haaland particularly wants to move to England then of course he will consider United. One thing that the club has shown post Sir Alex is it can still attract the best players and I'd argue at the moment the club is far more stable than it was under Moyes, LvG and Jose.

Obviously Haaland might want to go to Spain, or be tempted by big money at PSG. No one really knows other than him but I'm fairly sure he'll end up in England and follow in his father's footsteps and if that's what's in his mind you can't with any certainty rule United out unless of course you're Haaland yourself and you're simplytrying to get as many posters as possible to agree to leave the Caf so you can take over and have the place to yourself.
Another one. Bye.

If it is an unfair bit, you just do not take it. Some of the posters here were claiming that having Ole at the wheel gives us a bit of advantage. I am absolutely sure it does not. Pep, Tuchel, Zidane and even Pochettino are much-much better propositions imo. I would say that Rogers is a better manager than Ole, but Haaland will not join Leicester for obvious reasons. Ole is a nobody amoung top managers, and I doubt Haaland would like to spend his next three-four seasons at United under OGS. If we do really well next season and Erling is still available, then it is a different story. For now, it is a clear no go imo. Then there is a whole set of other factors like wages, official and unofficial payments, agent fee, playing style etc. I am absolutely sure that if Haaland moves this summer, he will pick a manager who has achieved much more in his career than Ole.
without reading through all the detritus. Your bet is that he won’t go to United? So he could go to one of a dozen other clubs, and you would win the bet... :lol:

Water Melon

without reading through all the detritus. Your bet is that he won’t go to United? So he could go to one of a dozen other clubs, and you would win the bet... :lol:
I am no fecking Nostradamus, but my logic tells me he is not coming to United at the end of this season, eventhough he was coached by Ole previously, and never by other managers who have won trophies at the highest level. Now, you can stick that smiley up your hurt butt and jog right into my ignore list. You will have a proper company there.

Matriac

A bit early for next years caf awards, but is there a safe space category for the member with the most amount of other members on their ignore list?

I am no fecking Nostradamus, but my logic tells me he is not coming to United at the end of this season, eventhough he was coached by Ole previously, and never by other managers who have won trophies at the highest level. Now, you can stick that smiley up your hurt butt and jog right into my ignore list. You will have a proper company there.
you can tell someone’s mental age when they start reverting to insults like ‘hurt butt’.

I am sure I’d be offended if I was 13 years old...:lol:

I’m not sure what the Chelsea fan is trying to prove given the colour is far closer to that associated with Man City than Chelsea. Fail.

RUCK4444

No mate, I do not want anyone quit the caf. You know what the bet is about, right? If anything it affects me first and foremost. The way you ask the question tells me a lot as well. Having played footy as a pro until 18-19, before having my knee fecked, I probably know a tad more about the game than some of the posters here. There is half a dozen reasons why I can't see Haaland signing for United. One of the reasons is our coaching staff, the way they make our team play. There are some other reasons too. Thus, the bet. If anyone is as sure in the opposite as I am, then let them take the bet on. Alternatively, they can jog on and just ignore it.
Wow you are having a great meltdown here lad.

Your having a complete mare :lol:

Jog on, I mean, Keep going.

Matriac

Be hilarious if we get Haaland. :lol:
I think that if he truly believes in his own logic he should take the bet against himself and leave the caf if Haaland joins us, even if no one is dumb enough to take the bet against him on those unbalanced odds.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
No mate, I do not want anyone quit the caf. You know what the bet is about, right? If anything it affects me first and foremost. The way you ask the question tells me a lot as well. Having played footy as a pro until 18-19, before having my knee fecked, I probably know a tad more about the game than some of the posters here. There is half a dozen reasons why I can't see Haaland signing for United. One of the reasons is our coaching staff, the way they make our team play. There are some other reasons too. Thus, the bet. If anyone is as sure in the opposite as I am, then let them take the bet on. Alternatively, they can jog on and just ignore it.
What happened to your knee?

Pep's Suit

It's clear City want him but how much he will cost anyway? €110-120m to Dortmund + €10-15m to his dad and Raiola + €350k p/w basic salary? City never spent that big on one player.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I dont get it - what's so Man City about this? He just said he is one of the best strikers of his age which literally everyone knows.

dinostar77

It's clear City want him but how much he will cost anyway? €110-120m to Dortmund + €10-15m to his dad and Raiola + €350k p/w basic salary? City never spent that big on one player.
They need to replace Aguero. They are gonna spend big on someone. What better way to judge Haaland then have your own players play against him over two games?

Water Melon

What happened to your knee?
A Scholes-type tackle by a lad from former Yugoslavia. Meniscus first, cruciate ligaments 4 months later, game over. It was in mid 90s, horrific times for all former USSR countries. No proper sports medical care or rehab, no money. It was all about enthusiasm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I also don't think having Ole as coach is something that will make the difference for someone like Haaland, as a coach there are big clubs with better alternatives, but he could still end up in United regardless of who is the manager. If City are interested then there's no contest but who knows the lad is quite young so there are plenty of possibilities for him.

Offsideagain

Haaland will sign for City. He wore. city shirt as a kid, his Dad has stated he ‘Hates Manchester United and their players’ that was when he played for City though. City have the funds and will pay whatever to get him as Aguero will be gone. Of course, any fee will not be fully declared and will be subve by one of the Sheik’s myriad of companies thus avoiding FFP. I wonder if he’ll actually play against City or may be ‘injured’. We should sign Harry Kane anyway.

Water Melon

Haaland will sign for City. He wore. city shirt as a kid, his Dad has stated he ‘Hates Manchester United and their players’ that was when he played for City though. City have the funds and will pay whatever to get him as Aguero will be gone. Of course, any fee will not be fully declared and will be subve by one of the Sheik’s myriad of companies thus avoiding FFP. I wonder if he’ll actually play against City or may be ‘injured’. We should sign Harry Kane anyway.
This is one of very likely scenarios. I doubt Erling has any personal dislike towards Man Utd, however, we will have to beat City with their resources and Chelsea with their's. Also, when it is between Pep, Tuchel and Ole, an absolute majority players would pick the former as their head coach/manager, while Ole would be the third choice. My only hope is that the Norwegian starlet signs for a non-English club.

HJ12

Easy-peasy for them if they wanted to do it. All it means is instead of signing their obligatory 50m fullback, divert that cash to their striker transfer kitty.

Bwuk

I still don’t see him at City. Pep would prefer a false 9.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
City are yet to beat us to player in recent years. As usual mass hysteria in here over nothing. Pogba, Sanchez, Fred, Maguire were all city targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.