Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is what he said when he was linked before;

Despite the bad blood, Alf-Inge would not mind if his talented son eventually turned out for United.

"It would be nice," the Norwegian told TV2 when asked about the possibility of his son joining United. "It is important to distinguish between being a supporter and a job.

"So I have a very relaxed relationship with that. It's a little different when it's serious.

dinostar77

Just listened to a Graham Hunter special in Barcelona. Laporta expected to win the election in a few days time. Has apparently secured a €800mil credit facility for Barcelona. Enough to pay off some debts, get messi a new contract (not as daft as the last) and this is the kicker...sign Haaland. Laporta thinks Haaland will join Barcelona if he wins the election.

Acquire Me

He will sign for us. Norwegians will celebrate him as a God. It’s not going to be Chelsea or City, that’s for sure.

RedDevilzFox

I genuinely feel excited at the thought of landing Haaland at united. I don't think I've felt this excited for even Pogba, Falcao (was close) or Di Maria. Landing a striker of this quality can be truly transformational.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Still can't believe we missed him last year. Would have made so much sense.

cyberman

Just listened to a Graham Hunter special in Barcelona. Laporta expected to win the election in a few days time. Has apparently secured a €800mil credit facility for Barcelona. Enough to pay off some debts, get messi a new contract (not as daft as the last) and this is the kicker...sign Haaland. Laporta thinks Haaland will join Barcelona if he wins the election.
Jesus more debt. Can't believe he can be elected on this bullshit

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Jesus more debt. Can't believe he can be elected on this bullshit
He is a politician. His priority is to keep Messi in house so it won't affect the sponsorship and also the football tourism once pandemic is over. Then sell the under performers (not an easy task itself) and sign players like Eric Garcia, Depay and Wijnaldum on free transfer. Haaland is possible only if he can sell Griezmann, Coutinho and Dembele he may raise enough fund, but other clubs are not stupid as every agent and clubs know Barca is desperate for money. It is not that easy.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

1:18. Exact same cross Wan-Bissaka put in last night in the first half.

2:43.James plays that ball almost every time he plays. Goes out for a throw-in most of the times. I wonder why?

Chances created 20/21:
1. City 314
2. United 297
3. Chelsea 291
4. Pool 288
5. Leeds 281
12. Arsenal 215
13. Spurs 203

Bruno and Shaw are two of the biggest chance creators in the league.

When will people wake up and realise that chance creation isn't the biggest issue? Genuinely bemusing the amount of leeway our forwards are given. Just look at some of the movement and finishing from Haaland in that video and compare it to our forwards. Rashford, Martial and Greenwood have zero appetite for scoring goals. They have no clue where to be or what to do in order to score 'easy' goals.

Greenwood was brilliant post lockdown but he was massively outperforming his xG. He was mostly scoring from unrealistic shots. Goals from unrealistic shots have completely dried up this season and he is getting exposed. 1 league goal in almost 1200 minutes simply isn't good enough. James has three times more goals in less than half the minutes. I really don't want to be too harsh on a teenager in his second full season but I cringe every time there are calls to make him the permanent CF. Where are his tap-ins? Where is his eagerness to get into the right positions to have a greater chance of scoring a goal? Playing on the wing doesn't mean you can't do those things. In fact those things should be easier for a wide forward rather than a CF who is constantly sandwiched between two CBs. He might be a good finisher but that's pretty redundant when you're allergic to the ball. Other than blind love for an academy kid there is very little to suggest putting all eggs in one basket and making him our main CF.

Rashford's decision making is dreadful. When he's not in offside he decides to dwell on the ball for ages for no good reason. Passes when he should shoot and shoots when he should pass. Largely an inconsistent and unreliable player.

Martial, the less said about him the better. This is the same pretender a lot of people on here were favouring over Haaland 15 months ago. Even at that stage anyone unbiased could see that one was a useless lump while the other was a world class player in the making.

Add to Cavani's injuries/ban and this has been an underwhelming season from all the forwards. People are reluctant to call out the forwards for being shit but love spurring a false narratives about us not creating enough and how impotent Haaland would be in this setup.
My thoughts exactly. We create enough chances to score more goals. It must be frustrating for the likes of James and AWB to get criticism for not creating when the reality is who is in the box to aim for?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He will sign for us. Norwegians will celebrate him as a God. It’s not going to be Chelsea or City, that’s for sure.
Could you expand on this thought? Why the will the Noggies think of him as a God when moving to United as opposed to moving somewhere like Liverpool, Madrid or Barca? Surely he’s a God like fugue in Norway already?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Could you expand on this thought? Why the will the Noggies think of him as a God when moving to United as opposed to moving somewhere like Liverpool, Madrid or Barca? Surely he’s a God like fugue in Norway already?
Joining us (or Liverpool) will be bigger, as we are by far the two most supported clubs there. Particularly since Ole is managing us, who is their biggest footballing star before Haaland himself came along.

Acquire Me

United and Liverpool are the two biggest clubs in Norway. Join on of them and especially United and you are the biggest athlete in Norway. It’s not easy to explain, but it’s a huge deal for Norwegians.

Chelsea and City are huge clubs as well, but for Norwegians they are just not important in the same regard.

I think Haaland wants to be the best in the world, but also to represent Norway in the best possible way. It’s United or Liverpool then.

CM

2:43.James plays that ball almost every time he plays. Goes out for a throw-in most of the times. I wonder why?

Chances created 20/21:
1. City 314
2. United 297
3. Chelsea 291
4. Pool 288
5. Leeds 281
12. Arsenal 215
13. Spurs 203

When will people wake up and realise that chance creation isn't the biggest issue? Genuinely bemusing the amount of leeway our forwards are given. Just look at some of the movement and finishing from Haaland in that video and compare it to our forwards. Rashford, Martial and Greenwood have zero appetite for scoring goals. They have no clue where to be or what to do in order to score 'easy' goals.

Greenwood was brilliant post lockdown but he was massively outperforming his xG. He was mostly scoring from unrealistic shots. Goals from unrealistic shots have completely dried up this season and he is getting exposed. 1 league goal in almost 1200 minutes simply isn't good enough. James has three times more goals in less than half the minutes. I really don't want to be too harsh on a teenager in his second full season but I cringe every time there are calls to make him the permanent CF. Where are his tap-ins? Where is his eagerness to get into the right positions to have a greater chance of scoring a goal? Playing on the wing doesn't mean you can't do those things. In fact those things should be easier for a wide forward rather than a CF who is constantly sandwiched between two CBs. He might be a good finisher but that's pretty redundant when you're allergic to the ball. Other than blind love for an academy kid there is very little to suggest putting all eggs in one basket and making him our main CF.

Rashford's decision making is dreadful. When he's not in offside he decides to dwell on the ball for ages for no good reason. Passes when he should shoot and shoots when he should pass. Largely an inconsistent and unreliable player.

Martial, the less said about him the better. This is the same pretender a lot of people on here were favouring over Haaland 15 months ago. Even at that stage anyone unbiased could see that one was a useless lump while the other was a world class player in the making.

Add to Cavani's injuries/ban and this has been an underwhelming season from all the forwards. People are reluctant to call out the forwards for being shit but love spurring a false narratives about us not creating enough and how impotent Haaland would be in this setup.
Agreed. We're a much better creative side than we're given credit for, although the last few without Pogba haven't been great.

I wouldn't necessarily say a striker is number one priority but if the opportunity arises for Haaland you get it done. Cavani doesn't play every game and there's such a massive drop off in finishing ability when he's not in the team.

RUCK4444

Chances created 20/21:
1. City 314
2. United 297
3. Chelsea 291
4. Pool 288
5. Leeds 281
12. Arsenal 215
13. Spurs 203

Preaching to the converted here mate. Totally agree.

Which is why this ‘no patterns of play’ nonsense is so annoying.

We create a tonne of chances but we also miss a tonne through poor finishing.

Which is why this kid is an absolute must imo.

I want to hear that we are remortgaging the stadium, selling the megastore and naming rights to do everything we can to sign him!!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Joining us (or Liverpool) will be bigger, as we are by far the two most supported clubs there. Particularly since Ole is managing us, who is their biggest footballing star before Haaland himself came along.
United and Liverpool are the two biggest clubs in Norway. Join on of them and especially United and you are the biggest athlete in Norway. It’s not easy to explain, but it’s a huge deal for Norwegians.

Chelsea and City are huge clubs as well, but for Norwegians they are just not important in the same regard.

I think Haaland wants to be the best in the world, but also to represent Norway in the best possible way. It’s United or Liverpool then.
Thanks to you both.

He'sRaldo

Chances created 20/21:
1. City 314
2. United 297
3. Chelsea 291
4. Pool 288
5. Leeds 281
12. Arsenal 215
13. Spurs 203

Count the amount of Dortmund bodies in the box vs opposition. It's always 5v5, or 4v5, or 2v2, or 2v3, etc. That's the key to Haaland getting space and freeing himself of his marker.

As long as we play with 2 vs 5 or 6 in the box, we're not creating the same chances as Dortmund are despite the crosses in looking similar. I would have hoped at least Cavani would show that, as he's someone who can never be accused of having poor movement.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
You think Dortmund would take Martial as part exchange? I actually think he’d be good for them and needs a change of scene.

croadyman

Preaching to the converted here mate. Totally agree.

Which is why this ‘no patterns of play’ nonsense is so annoying.

We create a tonne of chances but we also miss a tonne through poor finishing.

Which is why this kid is an absolute must imo.

I want to hear that we are remortgaging the stadium, selling the megastore and naming rights to do everything we can to sign him!!
I want us to sign this guy so bad but just don't buy into what the Norwegian guy is saying about it being simply between Utd & Liverpool due to them being so well supported over there. There is no doubt about the fact we need a predator like him in the box but we still have the problems at CB, DM & RW behind him not to mention CM too if Pogba goes as well. I just wish we didn't have those other four issues in the first XI and then we could throw everything at this one

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I just do not seeing him signing for anyone else other than City. Best club/squad in England, family ties to the club and they can pay the most.

Judas

Open to offers
You'd think his dad was a City legend the way people go on about the "connection". Look he may very well end up there, but it's got bugger all to do with his dads past.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
You'd think his dad was a City legend the way people go on about the "connection". Look he may very well end up there, but it's got bugger all to do with his dads past.
Don't disagree but this doesn't get past the other two points. If I were him, that is who I would go too. The money side becomes doubly important when you consider his agent.

RUCK4444

I want us to sign this guy so bad but just don't buy into what the Norwegian guy is saying about it being simply between Utd & Liverpool due to them being so well supported over there. There is no doubt about the fact we need a predator like him in the box but we still have the problems at CB, DM & RW behind him not to mention CM too if Pogba goes as well. I just wish we didn't have those other four issues in the first XI and then we could throw everything at this one
Yeah totally agree there are multiple areas we still need to strengthen.

It’s frustrating though because in an ideal world our strikers would be scoring 20+ each and we wouldn’t need a striker but when you look at the chances we waste it’s criminal.

Also the key issue being it’s very hard to come by elite strikers, I can’t think of any even close to this guys level who aren’t names Lewandowski. So when one becomes available you sort of have to shelve your plans and do everything you can to get them. At least imo.

Pep's Suit

With Mbappe and Neymar likely to sign extensions now Haaland and possibly Messi are the only game-changing players who will move in next two summers. You'd expect any top club to bid for him now.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Albert Braut Tjaaland?:lol: Is that for real?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I can see a few big clubs putting up €120mil+ and letting Dortmund keep him on loan for 1 more season.

Dortmund get to keep him for another year and dont have to take the low buyout clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.