Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Money, agent, opportunity to play with Sancho or play for someone willing and who wants him now more than maybe other clubs?

Just saying that Right now no one is going for him solely based on Price.

If United could make it work now rather than gamble next season, its worth trying at least.
That's explaining why United would sign him now, but the question is why would he go for that? There's just no reasons. He's in the CL, he's what 20/21? He can afford another season at Dortund, especially with the CL, and then leave to make far more money than he would if a club had to pay a near world-record fee to get him, not to mention his options would be even more limited. There's only few teams that can afford him as-is with a low release clause due to his
You know where you are right? Some times I feel opposition fans on here get very very confused.
I do, but who wants to be in a red-tinted echo chamber?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Money, agent, opportunity to play with Sancho or play for someone willing and who wants him now more than maybe other clubs?

If United could make it work now rather than gamble next season, its worth trying at least.
I doubt he cares about playing with Sancho, and he will get more money next summer.

BarstoolProphet

You'd think by now everyone would know why he went to Dortmund over us

1- concerns over playing time here
2- felt Dortmund would be a good stepping stone
3- we wouldn't entertain next summers release clause

Seriously how many times must this be repeated now? :(
The biggest concern publicly from his camp was Ole's job security. They felt that only Ole wanted him, the club not so much, and as we know his job wasn't exactly safe pre-Bruno.

RkkMan

We should offer Dortmund 100m for him now plus loan back for a season.
Dortmund get to keep him 1 more year as planned and get 25m above next years release clause also.
We get the signing before other clubs are in a better situation next year.
Chelsea offered a similar amount for him and BVB still said no what makes you think they'd make an exception with Utd? And they took a hit of £35m for Sancho you're dreaming if you think they're accepting only £25m more than the release clause. His price tag was a clear £150m and wages/agent fees added to it would have gone to £250m if you think we'd spend that much on him after Sancho and Varane you need to wake up and smell the roses. Even though it's a gamble waiting till next year it makes a lot more financial sense to do so and with Chelsea and likely City out the way it makes our work easier. Just have to hope we win something or at least show that there's clear sign of progression

GMoore23

Chelsea offered a similar amount for him and BVB still said no what makes you think they'd make an exception with Utd? And they took a hit of £35m for Sancho you're dreaming if you think they're accepting only £25m more than the release clause. His price tag was a clear £150m and wages/agent fees added to it would have gone to £250m if you think we'd spend that much on him after Sancho and Varane you need to wake up and smell the roses. Even though it's a gamble waiting till next year it makes a lot more financial sense to do so and with Chelsea and likely City out the way it makes our work easier. Just have to hope we win something or at least show that there's clear sign of progression
Did Chelsea offer a loan back for the season like I suggested?

RkkMan

No a straight offer of over £100m(informal offer)and even then what's the difference if a loan offer was included? It's not like a "loan" would drastically reduce his value

red thru&thru

Yes we have to entice the player and create a good financial package for all involved (including Raiola).

However, the price is set for next year. All clubs will know the fee it will take. The biggest factor here is Erilng. I believe we have moved on from offering insane financial packages compared to other clubs to get a player. A player has to have the desire to come here. This has been shown by the likes of Sancho and Varane.

We should offer what all other clubs offer him. If he comes, brilliant. If not, we move on.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The biggest concern publicly from his camp was Ole's job security. They felt that only Ole wanted him, the club not so much, and as we know his job wasn't exactly safe pre-Bruno.
Adds to the likelihood of him being here in 12 months time then :drool::drool::drool:

GMoore23

No a straight offer of over £100m(informal offer)and even then what's the difference if a loan offer was included? It's not like a "loan" would drastically reduce his value
Loaning him back would make a huge difference to Dortmund and also allows them to properly scout for his replacement. It's virtually a 120m deal this way as he'd easily cost 20m for a season long loan.
We need to strike while we're in a strong position. I don't fancy going toe to toe with Real and Barca next season if they're in a better situation.

BarstoolProphet

Adds to the likelihood of him being here in 12 months time then :drool::drool::drool:
Usually United fans are notoriously negative when it comes to winning transfer battles with the other top clubs, but I genuinely do feel that we have as much a chance as the other clubs out there next summer. Especially if City end up with Kane and we have a similar/better season than we just had. Like I've been saying quite a few times; there's so many factors that contributes to making us one of the main favourites for his signature.

RkkMan

Loaning him back would make a huge difference to Dortmund and also allows them to properly scout for his replacement. It's virtually a 120m deal this way as he'd easily cost 20m for a season long loan.
We need to strike while we're in a strong position. I don't fancy going toe to toe with Real and Barca next season if they're in a better situation.
They know he's leaving in a year anyway they don't need to sell now with the virtue of a loan for them to scout for a replacement it's virtually underway. Also while it's likely he'll leave it does not benefit them in any way making it public that a player of his stature is already under contract for another team a year behind schedule they'll want to sell him after a year of him being under contract with THEM or sell now permanently for a ridiculous fee
You're also yet to explain why they'd accept below £150m if he was available for a reasonable fee he'd be at City/Chelsea by now

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That’s actually hilarious. Imagine Woodward coming out saying we’re trying to work on a deal for Mo Salah right now?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Doesn't mean much. Every club with a chance will look into the possibility.

KTA69

Haaland said a few years ago that Premier League was his biggest dream. I cant see him go to Real Madrid. I am kind of surprised that Chelsea could not find an agreement with Dortmund this transfer-window because Dortmund will lose money. But I am happy with it. Because when the clause hits in next summer I am almost sure he will join Solskjær and Sancho. He wont reject Solskjær twice if the team continuing making progress this season. He always join clubs where he feels wanted. And Solskjær is a good salesman. Haaland just wasnt ready for PL 2 years ago

Rojow

According to Real Madrid all players want to play for them. Who would though that.

Blood Mage

Bayern will do what they usually do and try to bully Dortmund into giving them Haaland for £1 and a packet of crisps. In all seriousness though the only way they're signing him is if he chooses to see out his contract and leave for free, they can't afford him. It'll be us, PSG and Madrid bidding for him next summer.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
It seems too easy.I would rule out Pogba and probably Goretzka
Don't you think with Modric and Kroos aging, Real Madrid will give it a try? Of course in the end it is up to the players. Kroos and Alaba made the same switch before after failed to agree a new deal with Bayern.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah people should probably rule out signing Goretzka on a free given he will have extended at Bayern..
Perhaps, but i remember he left his club and joined Bayern for free back then. so in the end it is about money.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Don't you think with Modric and Kroos aging, Real Madrid will give it a try? Of course in the end it is up to the players. Kroos and Alaba made the same switch before after failed to agree a new deal with Bayern.
Pogba is Zidane's idea. Without him it seems more difficult, and here sometimes there is an attempt to erase the traces of the previous coach.
In Goretzka's case, it's just personal taste. However as Hansi has said it seems he has renewed...but of course, we'll need top midfielders

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Would Haaland even 'fit' in at Madrid? Especially since Mbappe is the chosen one?
In all probability our front 3 in 2022-23 season will be Hazard/Vinicius --- Benzema/Mbappe --- Rodrygo/Vazquez/Asensio.
I'm assuming Bale/Jovic/Mariano will all leave by then.

Madrid's front 3 rely on players interchanging from the wing to striker to other wing ... Can Haaland play on the wing for extended periods during a game? Should we be spending over £100 million in transfer fees, signing bonus and agents fees for a player who may not fit in? Have we learned nothing from the Jovic transfer?
It really depends on what position Mbappe will want to play, because I think he's better coming from the left wing into central areas rather than being a CF. If that's the case, him and Haaland can play together and thrive, although it would be a ridiculous amount of wages for only two players when Madrid needs to reinforce multiple areas to compete across all competitions. Madrid isn't PSG, they are struggling themselves and to commit to Mbappe and Haaland, even if Mbappe will be on a free, it's a ton of money.

Le Red

In multiple interviews, Mbappe has said that he looks at himself as a CF rather than a Left forward. If he's shunted on the left, then how do we fit him and Hazard? What happens to Vinicius who I think will at least hit Di Maria's level eventually? In any case he will want to take up the same positions as a CF regardless of where he starts. Going to be a huge headache for Madrid.

In terms of money for wages - Marcelo ( £5m net), Isco ( £8m) and Bale ( £18.5m) contracts expire at the end of this season. We already have replacements at LB and Isco/Bale have not featured in the last 2 years. At PSG Kylian earns £15m Net. Assuming he earns £30m at Madrid, then his wages should be covered by these 3 departures.
He ain't got the kind of finish that makes a great CF.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Would Haaland even 'fit' in at Madrid? Especially since Mbappe is the chosen one?
He would fit better than Mbappe to be fair, he's the better centre forward and Benzema isn't going to be around forever so there shouldn't be any problem in fitting both Mbappe and Haaland if we manage to get both.

I've said this many times already but I prefer Haaland than Mbappe as I feel we do lack goals since Cristiano left and Haaland is the better finisher and striker with a more direct style so if it was up for me I would prioritize getting Haaland first although Mbappe looks more doable now with his current contract situation; not that I would mind getting both which is likely what the board is aiming for.

Mr Smith

What on earth makes you think we have the money to buy Haaland of all people when literally every press release has indicated we need to sell to buy? Honestly, some posters living in a dream world.

The Red Thinker

I have question for you.

Haaland is clearly a Worldie. But imagine a scenario that Greenwood has a 20 goal season. We've known him to be a super talent but let's say Cavani has injuries and Greenwood plays more as the 9 and he shows his prowess. This includes heading, which he's been average at so far.

Would you go still go for Haaland? or would you use that money for a high potential midfielder like Teilemens etc. ?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I have question for you.

Haaland is clearly a Worldie. But imagine a scenario that Greenwood has a 20 goal season. We've known him to be a super talent but let's say Cavani has injuries and Greenwood plays more as the 9 and he shows his prowess. This includes heading, which he's been average at so far.

Would you go still go for Haaland? or would you use that money for a high potential midfielder like Teilemens etc. ?
Young players are always inconsistent and it will be stupidity to rely on Greenwood. Martial is a great example. Haaland is also young, yes but he has performed on the highest level on a consistent basis.

So yes, we should be targeting him regardless.

diarm

Him going to Bayern would be a win as far as I'm concerned.

I'd love to see him playing for United, but not more than I don't want us doing any more deals with Raiola.

That said, I also don't want to see him playing for anyone else in the Prem. Him going to Bayern to replace Lewandowski doesn't really improve them, it just replaces one world class centre forward with another. I'd be happy with that.

RkkMan

What on earth makes you think we have the money to buy Haaland of all people when literally every press release has indicated we need to sell to buy? Honestly, some posters living in a dream world.
We've spent £107m on two world class players both earning over £200k a week in wages without needing to sell after a season of no fans. Do you hand on heart really think in a year with fans back, more CL revenue and possibly extra revenue from a trophy we'll struggle to afford £70-80m for Haaland? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cavani/Mata will leave for free that's over £300k off the wage bill and Martial will likely be on the market in a year when it'll be more of a seller's market once COVID is just a memory so that clears your skepticism

Status
Not open for further replies.