Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Smith

We've spent £107m on two world class players both earning over £200k a week in wages without needing to sell after a season of no fans. Do you hand on heart really think in a year with fans back, more CL revenue and possibly extra revenue from a trophy we'll struggle to afford £70-80m for Haaland? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cavani/Mata will leave for free that's over £300k off the wage bill and Martial will likely be on the market in a year when it'll be more of a seller's market once COVID is just a memory so that clears your skepticism
Firstly, curb your emoji's. It doesn't make your post better, it makes it read like a child wrote it.

Secondly, the post I was replying to was a daft suggestion that we can still get Haaland this summer. I have no doubt we'll have the cash and intent to sign Haaland next summer, though I'm not certain we're in pole position to get him.

choccy77

What on earth makes you think we have the money to buy Haaland of all people when literally every press release has indicated we need to sell to buy? Honestly, some posters living in a dream world.
Clearly you have not read my other posts on the subject.

United do have the ability to sign him, especially if they sold Martial & some deadwood of the books.

Fact is this season no one else can afford him.

Next season at least 10 clubs will be after him, limiting our chances.

That is all the reasoning needed. Who else striker wise is out there remotely as good?

UncleBob

Clearly you have jot read my other posts on the subject.

United do have the ability to sign him, especially if they sold Martial & some deadwood of the books.

That is all the reasoning needed. Who else striker wise is out there remotely as good?
They aren't daft, they're well aware of the situation that Haaland is in and how they can exploit it to the maximum, it's not really part of their plan to turn this into a one club bidding contest. They can use the interest to strengthen their hand during negotiations, terms for leaving the club, wages, fees, contract renewal bonuses etc. There's been no signals, whatsoever, from Raiola or anyone else that Haaland is interested in leaving Dortmund this summer, which is decent indication. I reckon, as i've said before, that from both Dortmund and Haaland&Cos perspective he's not for sale, all parties are happy to continue.

Depending on what happens with Mbappe and PSG, Real Madrid or PSG might be interested. Real Madrid is a bigger worry than PSG, but it also depends on the overall situation of the league. Barcelona can't even register their free transfers at the moment...Neither of these clubs are fond of Raiola and i doubt he's all that fond of them either. Juventus, but maybe Italy isn't the most interesting league for him, then there's England, where you expect perhaps everyone apart from Chelsea, due to signing Lukaku, to contact Raiola. Either Haaland wants to join us or he doesn't,

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
While Halaand is a great goal scorer, the problem is that all of Madrid's front 3 (excluding Vazquez), want to cut in and take up striker positions. Would Halaand be able to play extended periods of a game on the wing, when its not "his turn"?
Just like what Bayern just said, u would be full amateur if you don't try to sign a player who scores a goal per game.

Mbappe seems has horrible attitude issue and I will pick Haaland any day over Mbappe. For tactic it is easy, just hire Klopp and he will know how to get the best out of Haaland. The liverpool cycle is almost finished.

lysglimt

Scout
I have question for you.

Haaland is clearly a Worldie. But imagine a scenario that Greenwood has a 20 goal season. We've known him to be a super talent but let's say Cavani has injuries and Greenwood plays more as the 9 and he shows his prowess. This includes heading, which he's been average at so far.

Would you go still go for Haaland? or would you use that money for a high potential midfielder like Teilemens etc. ?
No top-club can afford NOT to go for Haaland for £65-70 million. Greenwood for all his talent will never score as many goals as him.

Le Red

That's genuinely one of the most insane things I've ever heard. Have you ever watched him play? Mbappe is a lethal finisher.
Yes I have. He's wasteful and his finishing technique is normal. Can't compare with Lewandowsky, Kane, Haaland and others.

By the way, as far as I remember, the last couple of times PSG lost the UCL and France got out of the Euro Mbappe missed some good chances. I'm not saying he's crap, but he's no elite lethal finisher. His major strengths lie elsewhere.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Yes I have. He's wasteful and his finishing technique is normal. Can't compare with Lewandowsky, Kane, Haaland and others.

By the way, as far as I remember, the last couple of times PSG lost the UCL and France got out of the Euro Mbappe missed some good chances. I'm not saying he's crap, but he's no elite lethal finisher. His major strengths lie elsewhere.
From what i have watched so far he is still far away to be compare to Henry, but his ego is already 10 times bigger.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
How much could the potential package cost to sign Haaland?
  • £65M release clause
  • £20M agents fees to Raiola
  • £10M to his father as a sweetener (?)
  • £300K a week in wages
  • Possible demand to have a release clause included in his contract
Surely if we did sign Haaland then we wouldn't be signing many other players

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

£65M release clause
£20M agents fees to Raiola
£10M to his father as a sweetener (?)
£300K a week in wages
Possible demand to have a release clause included in his contract

I reckon he will end up on 500k plus wages.

Wilt

• £65M release clause
  • £300K a week in wages
Add another £20m signing on fee

redrobed

I’ve been saying for months that this guy has the potential to be great.

Loon

:lol:
The man one day to be revealed to be an Ash-like robot on Sky's Transfer Show said Norweigan Plemon's fee would likely be double the £65m.

dinostar77

No top-club can afford NOT to go for Haaland for £65-70 million. Greenwood for all his talent will never score as many goals as him.
Thats a speculative statement. We have no idea of what sort of striker Greenwood will become. He could become a 25-30 goals a season striker. He could match the output of Haaland. I'm dubious about goal scoring in Germany seeing how Werner banged in so many but cant hit a barn door for Chelsea.

lysglimt

Scout
Thats a speculative statement. We have no idea of what sort of striker Greenwood will become. He could become a 25-30 goals a season striker. He could match the output of Haaland. I'm dubious about goal scoring in Germany seeing how Werner banged in so many but cant hit a barn door for Chelsea.
Timo Werner has never been anywhere near Haaland in terms of goals. He left Germany at 24 with 109 goals in 262 matches, or 95 goals in 159 matches for Leipzig. Haaland has 89 goals in 87 matches for Salzburg and Dortmund at the age of 20. Greenwoods stats are good - and he is a brilliant footballer, but I don't expect Greenwood to score goals when he is playing. I expect Haaland to score - and he usually does. And unlike Greenwood who isn't very physical or tall - Haaland has no weaknesses. Greenwood can be bullied - Haaland can't. In many respects Greenwood is a better footballer - but Haaland is a goal machine - Greenwood isn't.

Alemar

• £65M release clause
  • £300K a week in wages
Why do we need to pay 20m agent fee to Raiola if it’s simply an activation of release clause?

There is no negotiation with the selling club to handle - it’s all about agreeing terms with the player himself

Loon

:lol:
Why do we need to pay 20m agent fee to Raiola if it’s simply an activation of release clause?

There is no negotiation with the selling club to handle - it’s all about agreeing terms with the player himself
I think it's more complicated than that, at least according to Sky this evening. It's possible the agent fee is part of the terms with the player?

mav_9me

Thats probably a factor in how he chooses his next club. You want Haaland, you better be ready to pay Haaland, his father and Raiola. That's my impression.

Red00012

Pogba goes to PSG next season Raoila nets £ 10 million

Haaland goes to Utd next season Raoila gets £30 million

dinostar77

Transfer Window Podcast: Haaland preference is to join Real Madrid next summer. Perez is planning to usher in a new era of galacticos with Mbappe and Haaland. Perez wants Mbappe ideally this summer and Haaland next summer.

Really hope this doesnt happen. Cant stand Madrid.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Transfer Window Podcast: Haaland preference is to join Real Madrid next summer. Perez is planning to usher in a new era of galacticos with Mbappe and Haaland. Perez wants Mbappe ideally this summer and Haaland next summer.

I heard months ago that he’s waiting for Real Madrid.
He is not coming to Manchester United. That boat has unfortunately sailed.

Coops73

Can’t stand transfer window podcast.

nainaisson

Was it Ian McGarry or Duncan Castles who said this? Ian McGarry is 0% reliable and Duncan Castles is only maybe 25% reliable, if I'm being generous.

Mihai

Clearly you have not read my other posts on the subject.

The bold part is identical to what people were saying about Sancho last summer.

dinostar77

Its not ideal that Madrid could build a core of a team on the cheap. Pay Haaland release clause fee. Get Mbappe, Pogba, Camavinga on free.

dinostar77

Was it Ian McGarry or Duncan Castles who said this? Ian McGarry is 0% reliable and Duncan Castles is only maybe 25% reliable, if I'm being generous.
Everyone has their own opinion on football journalists. I like both McGarry and Castles and have listened to them for years and they have got alot right. No one is going to get it right 100% of the time. There are multiple people involved with their own agendas in every club. They have their own reasons for sharing information. Its a fluid, constantly changing picture that football journalists get a shot of and by the time they report it to joe blogs the situation may have changed.

Tbf, recently Castles called the donnarumma to PSG move 6 weeks or so before anyone else. Anyway im not here to defend them. I like them. You and others dont thats perfectly fine.

Infra-red

Yes I think that's probably right. The time to get him was when he left Salzburg. The existing relationship with Solskjaer and our financial advantage weren't enough to get him ahead of Dortmund - we'll have little to no chance now that his suitors are Madrid, Bayern, City, PSG etc.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We're in a good position now with Chelsea getting Lukaku.

If City get Kane then we have a real shot at getting Haaland next year. If City wait for Haaland then we might get Kane. I'm perfectly fine with both of those scenarios.

Pep's Suit

It's clear he turned down Chelsea so probably knows his next club and that can only mean Real.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If Haaland moves to Real Madrid next then I would reckon that he is waiting for Man City to get a new manager and for him to move there as his one and only EPL team.

United have the sound of being an exciting team again and a few players away from having a near complete squad- if he doesn't want to join that in the next two years then I don't think he ever really will.

Mihai

Yeah but No one was really interested in Sancho but us.

Haaland whole different story TBF
We don't know what is going to happen next year the same way we didn't know what would happen with Sancho after the transfer window last summer.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We're in a good position now with Chelsea getting Lukaku.

If City get Kane then we have a real shot at getting Haaland next year. If City wait for Haaland then we might get Kane. I'm perfectly fine with both of those scenarios.
Kane at 29 is like one foot in the coffin already ffs

dinostar77

We don't know what is going to happen next year the same way we didn't know what would happen with Sancho after the transfer window last summer.
We don't know what is going to happen next year but we do know some stuff. We know that Chelsea did agree personal terms with Riaola for Haaland but that Dortmund refused to budge from their £175mil evaluation and hence Chelsea went to Lukaku instead.

What was discovered during these negotiations is that Chelsea wasn't one of Haalands first choice destinations and that his preference is to go to Real Madrid. Whether that move happens or Haaland changes his mind or Madrid do we dont know.

RkkMan

Y'all better start praying City get Kane :)

Last edited:

Abraxas

I can't think of a player I have been more keen to get in recent years. He solves that striker issue that is so apparent instantly, in pretty much every conceivable area. Seems perfectly suited to the league, more or less a dead cert of a player.

It's a shame that even if we moved heaven and earth to get him it would be bittersweet, as you just know the idiot of an agent would be working his own angles throughout the course of Haaland's contract with us. It would be another continual battle, no matter how well Haaland does. We'd have a couple of great seasons and then it would begin.

Mihai

We don't know what is going to happen next year but we do know some stuff. We know that Chelsea did agree personal terms with Riaola for Haaland but that Dortmund refused to budge from their £175mil evaluation and hence Chelsea went to Lukaku instead.

What was discovered during these negotiations is that Chelsea wasn't one of Haalands first choice destinations and that his preference is to go to Real Madrid. Whether that move happens or Haaland changes his mind or Madrid do we dont know.
Chelsea are buying Lukaku, as for Madrid, remains to be seen what happens with Mbappe and what financial situation they are in next season. What are the other 7 clubs?

DutchCruijff

Depends on how well United does this season. If we have a deep UCL run and challenge for the title - at the minimum - right till the very end, then we're favourites.

Another season struggling and it won't happen, he'll be off to Madrid.

I do feel that he is the sort that wants to come to the PL, the most prestigious and competitive league, league with the most exposure, he'd want to collect medals before going off elsewhere. Norwegians aren't as attracted to Madrid/La Liga as other folk as far as I'm aware, I've seen a few folk on here note that too.

Not to mention Raiola would want to get a fat paycheck before moving him onto another club.

Then there's the Ole + Sancho factor. The fact that there's been little movement on United's behalf of looking for a #9 this summer makes me think the same, first thing that comes to mind is that United are preparing for Haaland next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.