Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

Barcelona has to be the front runners, Munich may bid.
PSG to play with Mbappe
No way Barcelona is even in the race, they're fecked financially and even if they could fund the money needed to pull it they're in such sporting crisis that I don't see Haaland wanting to go there.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I honestly don't want Haaland if Raiola is his agent. I don't want any Raiola players, don't care who the feck it is. There's always an alternative out there that will be better for the club than a player who has Raiola.

NoLogo

No way Barcelona is even in the race, they're fecked financially and even if they could fund the money needed to pull it they're in such sporting crisis that I don't see Haaland wanting to go there.
Yeah Barca has no chance. I think it's between City and Real tbh. Real wants to build a new Galactico team with him and Mbappé and City need a quality striker. I could also see Bayern, Chelsea and us have an outsider chance but that's about it.

wolvored

I honestly don't want Haaland if Raiola is his agent. I don't want any Raiola players, don't care who the feck it is. There's always an alternative out there that will be better for the club than a player who has Raiola.
Agree. Its not the player its the thought this greedy cnut would want £40-£50 mill for himself for feck all, then in 2 years start saying player needs to go to a bigger club, hes being held back etc etc.

SAFMUTD

Yeah Barca has no chance. I think it's between City and Real tbh. Real wants to build a new Galactico team with him and Mbappé and City need a quality striker. I could also see Bayern, Chelsea and us have an outsider chance but that's about it.
Agree with you, I'd only add PSG and Liverpool.

I'd say its City and Madrid as big favourites followed by Bayern and PSG, then Liverpool and Chelsea, then us.

Statue of Limitations

I'd say its City and Madrid as big favourites followed by Bayern and PSG, then Liverpool and Chelsea, then us.
I'd say Madrid are out in front on their own.

I'd have us and City as equally likely after that.

Then the rest, and not Pool, they would not pay him what he is worth, they won't even pay Salah!

ShoePolish

If we get him, we'll have to pay over the odds, give the fat lizard another huge payout, and after half of his contract will be fullfilled, stories about new challenge will start coming up, and he'll end somewhere else sooner or later. Raiola seems to fancy this sort of pattern.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Bayern's director/executive stated they are not in for Haaland as Lewandowski is the best striker in the world. They want him to retire there.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I wouldn't rule out Barcelona yet.
We will have to see how the season ends and if they can sell players.

Haaland will go to a team to be the leader, in Madrid with Mbappe and Benzema that is impossible

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't know where this player wants to go to. I am not inside his head, but I will tell something.

The connection between Norway and the Premier League is undeniable. Think about that before telling us who is leading the race for his signing.

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
If united don't make top 4 he isn't coming here for sure. If mbappe goes to Madrid to bring the french national team chemistry I see him going to Barcelona if they can come up with the money.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I don't know where this player wants to go to. I am not inside his head, but I will tell something.

The connection between Norway and the Premier League is undeniable. Think about that before telling us who is leading the race for his signing.
Man City

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Won’t buy him. His agent and his dad would ask for 50m+ agent fee on top of transfer fee, then in few years time his agent would keep making noise to unsettle the squad and he will be leaving for bigger club for sure.

Doesn’t worth all the circus.

Last edited:

RedCurry

When was the last time a player who was represented by Raiola actually proved to be a key player winning trophies with a club? I feel that when a player chooses an agent like him, it speaks volumes about the player’s mentality. Haaland is far from being a guaranteed success in PL. I hope we stay far away from him and let him become some other club’s circus.

If I understand anything about Pep and Klopp, they will possibly see his agent as a massive red flag and ultimately stay well clear, making Real Madrid as the only club in the running for him and that too when he becomes a free agent eventually.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The sooner our links to this bastard dies of the better as can't stand the knob

Its not like we need him anyway the last 6 ucl winners didn't have a single riola client in their starting line up (could be more as i can't recall barca 2015 had it or not)

Magz

If I understand anything about Pep and Klopp, they will possibly see his agent as a massive red flag and ultimately stay well clear, making Real Madrid as the only club in the running for him and that too when he becomes a free agent eventually.
They're probably a bit more level headed. Of course they'd want Haaland.

Magz

Haaland has chosen development over money in both his past transfers. He could've went to Juventus for 8 times the money when he went to Salzburg, and I'm sure United would've payed him more when he went to Dortmund. The guy wants to be the best in the world.

Last edited:

Bwuk

If United are winning trophies and competing in Europe, Haaland wouldn’t want to leave.

yamo123x

One thing for sure he wont come to us...City, Real and Bayern are the 3 most likely......i think he will end up at City

RUCK4444

C'mon Ralf make us push the boat out for Erling.

Haaland and a top level DM to accompany the new style of play and coaching (on top of what we have already) would make us challenge on all fronts. One can dream.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Ronaldo will leave us at the end of next season for sure, I would imagine there's some possiblity he'll do so at the end of this season, depending on performances and options. Martial is leaving asap. Cavani might go too. We'll be incredibly light on strikers.

I would rather we start De Gea up front than bring in Haaland. F*ck Raiola and his circus. The dressing room impact, the media impact and the sheer annoyance of it all would turn me even further away from what football has become.

The fact Haaland would choose Raiola despite knowing what he is says to me all you need to know. Look at the types of players with him as an agent, and look at what they're about: themselves. Not the team.

Rolaholic

If United are winning trophies and competing in Europe, Haaland wouldn’t want to leave.
Yup and that goes for most ambitious players.

The fear of losing top players or missing out on them wouldn't be justified if we're looking a proper outfit capable of competing for silverware.

Signing someone like Haaland would be a legitimate coup for whoever gets him, he'll be putting up prime Lewandowski goal numbers for the next decade

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
Raiola wants to win the lottery here.
Haaland and Raiola know they will fight Mbappe for the next individual titles.
The two will never be on the same team.

If Barcelona weren't bankrupt it would be the obvious fate.

But the logic clearly points to Manchester City.
The club with the best coach, a strong project and money to lose sight of, citizens also need Haaland and can be thankful for having lost Kane.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
This is going to build such a big head of steam for something that's gonna end up with him signing for Real or City...

ColoRed

deep in the west where the sun gets dusty
Supports
Cologne / Manchester
To be honest, I don't know if we should buy Haaland. In Dortmund, the critical voices are getting louder regarding his commitment on the pitch and his behaviour towards his teammates.

I also don't think that his physical game will be as successful in the PL as it is in Austria or Germany.

Rolaholic

To be honest, I don't know if we should buy Haaland. In Dortmund, the critical voices are getting louder regarding his commitment on the pitch and his behaviour towards his teammates.

I also don't think that his physical game will be as successful in the PL as it is in Austria or Germany.
Where have you seen this? Feels like anytime the club or teammates comment on him it's full of praise.

Questioning his commitment would also be strange when he's averaged a goal contribution for for every hour since he joined them and they're so much worse when he's not playing.

Even when he's injured he's right back to banging in goals immediately upon return. Would be interested in seeing where these critical voices are coming from given that no forward in the world besides Lewandowski has been as prolific as him since getting there.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I do enjoy how everyone is doing the same 'no way he comes to us' that they were doing with Sancho at this point last year.

ColoRed

deep in the west where the sun gets dusty
Supports
Cologne / Manchester
Where have you seen this? Feels like anytime the club or teammates comment on him it's full of praise.

Questioning his commitment would also be strange when he's averaged a goal contribution for for every hour since he joined them and they're so much worse when he's not playing.

Even when he's injured he's right back to banging in goals immediately upon return. Would be interested in seeing where these critical voices are coming from given that no forward in the world besides Lewandowski has been as prolific as him since getting there.
I read more often in the Schwatzgelb forum, where they've been talking about his body language and his movement up front in general lately. I think Dortmund will be sad to see him go, but maybe they will be better off if they get a striker who is good for the team as a whole.

It's also possible that Haaland is simply tired of Dortmund and its mediocrity and therefore turns on his team-mates. It will be interesting to see how Haaland does in a stronger team with stronger characters.

Rojow

This is pure bullshit. Haaland won't come here and Ragnick has no power to negotiate something like this. He's only an intern manager for a few months.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I do enjoy how everyone is doing the same 'no way he comes to us' that they were doing with Sancho at this point last year.
There was no competition for Sancho and we didn't have Ronaldo playing in his position. This isn't happening.

choccy77

Newcastle it is then.

troylocker

I read more often in the Schwatzgelb forum, where they've been talking about his body language and his movement up front in general lately. I think Dortmund will be sad to see him go, but maybe they will be better off if they get a striker who is good for the team as a whole.

It's also possible that Haaland is simply tired of Dortmund and its mediocrity and therefore turns on his team-mates. It will be interesting to see how Haaland does in a stronger team with stronger characters.
Haaland had a horrible match on Saturday, and I agree his body language was a bit negative, but Dortmund is definitely a lot better with him than without him:

With Haaland in the Bundeliga and CL this season:
14 games, 9W-1D-4L, 38-25 goal diff. 2,71 goals per 90 scored and 1,78 goals per 90 conceded. 2 points/game - He has scored or assisted 66% of Dortmunds goals while on the pitch in the CL and Bundesliga this season.
Without him:
9 games, 5W-0D-4L, 13-12 goal diff. 1,44 goals per 90 scored and 1,33 goal per 90 conceded. 1,67 points/game (Met 4 of the bottom 5 teams and 2 midtable teams (8th and 10th) in the Bundeliga in this period)

Basically 2 different teams.

dinostar77

Not for one second do I think he would come to us, but does he really want to share the limelight with Mbappe at Madrid? Or does he want the team to be built around him somewhere else?

We saw how good Werner has been outside of Bundesliga, what if Haaland does the same? A very very expensive white elephant....

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not for one second do I think he would come to us, but does he really want to share the limelight with Mbappe at Madrid? Or does he want the team to be built around him somewhere else?

We saw how good Werner has been outside of Bundesliga, what if Haaland does the same? A very very expensive white elephant....
Werner was hit and miss even in the BL. He needed 5 chances to score but his pace and movement got him plenty of chances.

Just comparing them is not even close.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
do not believe the dismissal of Solskjær would hamper their chances of signing Erling Haaland. Sources say Solskjær's relationship with Haaland was not as warm following the collapse of his prospective move to United in December 2019
Funny U-turn, after the Ole connection was pushed as a hard plus all the time, now they're shifting the narrative to "They never got along that well anyway" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.