Erm.. The Number 7 shirt..

Castia

Can it be changed at this point? I mean Cavani's number of choice is probably 21 anyway's

DoomSlayer

I know that, but Cavani is the registered #7 and I don’t think he would give it up.
He doesn't have a choice. This is Cristiano Ronaldo coming back to Manchester United, it will probably be a contractual obligation for him to wear the number 7 shirt.

flappyjay

I know that, but Cavani is the registered #7 and I don’t think he would give it up.
PSG treated him poorly when they got Mbappe and Neymar. I hope we have enough class to not do the same. The 7 should only go to Ronaldo if Cavani himself offers it. On another note I feel bad for parents that already bought their kids jerseys.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Season already started. Don't think we can change numbers that have already been registered, unless Cavani were to leave the club.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It would be a bit of a kick in the teeth for Cavani, Sancho and Varane

Esquire

Has Ronaldo worn any other number coming up? I think we wore 7 at Sporting too?

el3mel

The numbers will stay as they're. Ronaldo will have to do with any other available number. Cavani will either leave in Jan or next summer so Ronaldo will get 7 next season anyway.

SirAF

Ageist
The numbers will stay as they're. Ronaldo will have to do with any other available number. Cavani will either leave in Jan or next summer so Ronaldo will get 7 next season anyway.
No chance. They will give him 7.

RedDevil@84

Give him his #28 from Sporting days. SAF never gave him a chance to wear it at United

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Seems to be the rule yeah :

K Stand Knut

Ronaldo wanted 28 when he signed, IIRC.

Fergie told him he was going to be 7 and that was the end of that.

He isn’t getting 7 this time though

fps

Given that Cavani would give more to the team at CF, and we’re clashing over the Uruguay matches, I’d hope we’d do everything we can to keep him happy.

luke511

Sell Martial, Cavani becomes 9, Ronaldo gets his 7, everybody wins

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Either #77 or #28.
Don’t think the PL let players take ‘silly’ numbers like that unless they’re youth players who come through as their first senior number — Renato Sanches took 85 at Swansea (his number at Benfica) and the PL made him change it

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
This is circus mode now anyway, so go all out - give the man his number, of course.

Cavani won't give a feck anyway - he's not the type.

doomy20

So does any one of you actually know the rules? You really can’t change registered numbers? I am sure this has happened before as the window always goes beyond season openers.

I mean it has a big impact, you sure won’t sell #28 shorts easy when all know he will get the 7 in winter or latest next summer