Erm.. The Number 7 shirt..

Dve

Surely, the shirt would have been used to explain Sancho's struggles...
(he was meant to carry it, if you have forgotten).

peridigm

My guess is Ole promised it to Sancho. I think it will go to Antony at start of next season.

Scholsey2004

My guess is Ole promised it to Sancho. I think it will go to Antony at start of next season.
Antony played as no. 11 at Ajax so he'd probably rather wait for that one. We know Sancho wanted the 7 though, like Fernandes wanted the 8.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Antony played as no. 11 at Ajax so he'd probably rather wait for that one. We know Sancho wanted the 7 though, like Fernandes wanted the 8.
Bit weird that we could end up having a number 11 as right wing and 7 on left wing when them numbers are normally associated with the opposite wings.

Scholsey2004

Bit weird that we could end up having a number 11 as right wing and 7 on left wing when them numbers are normally associated with the opposite wings.
Yeah but wingers are inverted now though so theres a certain logic to it.

Irwin99

Cavani scored 17 goals wearing it in 20/21 and Ronaldo scored 24 last season. Hardly bad numbers.
I had to look that up as I thought he got 9 or 10 goals but you're right. His first season was pretty good.

hobbers

So long as it's not given to Sancho. Give it to Antony or Garnacho or just retire it.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Any player who wants it must earn it by being the best performing player in 3 seasons straight. And that shirt will come with a double in salary, no matter how much you are earning already. :keano:
By those criteria, De Gea would be wearing the shirt right now.

DJ_21

Don’t rush in just handing it out. It might not even be given to a player we already have. I reckon if Ronaldo goes then we’re going to sign a big name superstar next season.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Don’t rush in just handing it out. It might not even be given to a player we already have. I reckon if Ronaldo goes then we’re going to sign a big name superstar next season.
Very typical of us to swoop in and "rescue" Eden Hazard from Real Madrid. :lol:

DJ_21

:lol:
Very typical of us to swoop in and "rescue" Eden Hazard from Real Madrid. :lol:
Hope not :lol: I’m thinking more of an mbappe type. I can actually see that happening if we was really interested in him and he fancied a move to the prem… could finally settle the debate Mbappe vs Haaland in the best league in the world.

Chief123

The curse on the number 7 shirt is so strong that even Ronaldo himself turns out to be a disaster.

I'd prefer to keep it vacant for a few years now and only give it to a player who's earned it with a Player of the Year season or two for us under his belt at least. Not given right away to some big new signing, or Sancho / Garnacho when they don't deserve it yet.
Ironically Ronaldo was our player of the season last season before the disaster struck!

Zippycup

Becoming a bit of a "poisoned chalice" isn't it?

Surely the next time we assign it, we have to get it correct. Putting it on established stars hasn't worked.

I'd love to see us give it to Mason Greenwood personally. Youth product too. Beckham and Ronaldo got it when still wet behind the ears, and it worked okay.
Even the suggestion of wearing it now turns the player into a cu^t

OrcaFat

Antony could handle it, I think, and RW is traditional for no7.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Antony or Garnacho, but I think it’ll be a couple of years before anyone gets it

Sir Erik ten Hag

Antony or Garnacho, but I think it’ll be a couple of years before anyone gets it
No rush. Use it as a tactic to motivate our players instead:
Any player who wants it must earn it by being the best performing player in 3 seasons straight. And that shirt will come with a double in salary, no matter how much you are earning already. :keano:

OrcaFat

Does ETH give much of a shit about who wears no7? It would be a bit unlike him if he did.

Do players even care that much these days? Some do, I suppose.

It would be great to bring in an amazing striker “worthy” of no7 but at that point I wouldn’t care what number he actually wore.

Dve

This shirt is cursed ever since Ronaldo wore it the first time. Now even he can't wear it without it blowing up in his face. Retire this thing and be done with it.
So, you suggest that Ronaldo made that interview because of his shirt?

MyBloodIsRed

Sancho has a lot to do in a United shirt to justify it. Same for Garnacho... he looks the part but needs time.

Garnacho wore the 11 in youth so maybe keep Antony 21, Garnacho 11, Sancho 7?