g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

ETH does not have to win the Europa League this season

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The odds of us winning the EL are low.
This trophy is incredibly difficult to win.
I realise that we won the Carabao Cup (or whatever they call it these days), but that's an easy win, when compared with the EL.

IMO, we need progression and need to consistently do well in the EPL. If we can do that, we'll eventually challenge and win big trophies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Interesting and I see where you’re coming from. Would you say the same if we were contesting for the Champion’s league?
I don’t think I would tbh, I’ve never had the same feeling about champions league as I’ve had about bettering domestic opponents

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It's a spurious point though, in that how many people really consoled themselves that the 7-0 defeat to Liverpool was only a 2.91xG loss? It reeks of people becoming fixated with statistics to the point they ignore actual events.
Don’t need statistics to tell us we were absolutely hammered