Ethan Wheatley

Borninthe80ts

Although I think he will play under 21 football next season I also believe a loan would do him the world of good and test him. With the right support/challenges around him it could allow him to gain some maturity and experience. In lie and football. Maybe a deal similar to Mather where he can come and go.

saik

Brilliant goals today. Said this in other thread but I liked him since I first saw him. Has come on leaps and bounds since then.

Probably better for his development if we can find a loan for him next season. I don't actually know if playing for the the u21s is any good for development.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Brilliant goals today. Said this in other thread but I liked him since I first saw him. Has come on leaps and bounds since then.

Probably better for his development if we can find a loan for him next season. I don't actually know if playing for the the u21s is any good for development.
I agree.

He's someone that could surprise people in the coming years due to his physical and athletic characteristics. I think he's a very interesting young centre forward and it'll be interesting to see how he develops in the coming seasons.

I think Wheatley has potential for sure due to his physical and athletic gifts, and with a bit more development he could surprise a few people imo.

Bertie Wooster

I've definitely been a lot more impressed with him this season.

I remember seeing him in pre-season NI friendlies or tournaments (Milk Cup) two or three years ago for, probably, the U16's (I know Jack Moorhouse impressed me). And he looked a promising all round striker that was coming through and I was looking forward to seeing him with the U18's.

But he's been mostly quite disappointing prior to this season. So it's good that he's now looking something like the level I was expecting. Hopefully he'll kick on with the U21's next season and then look to get a lower league loan at some point (and hopefully do better than the likes of McNeill and Hugill).

Rasmus_9

I've definitely been a lot more impressed with him this season.

I remember seeing him in pre-season NI friendlies or tournaments (Milk Cup) two or three years ago for, probably, the U16's (I know Jack Moorhouse impressed me). And he looked a promising all round striker that was coming through and I was looking forward to seeing him with the U18's.

But he's been mostly quite disappointing prior to this season. So it's good that he's now looking something like the level I was expecting. Hopefully he'll kick on with the U21's next season and then look to get a lower league loan at some point (and hopefully do better than the likes of McNeill and Hugill).
I think a lot of his struggles have been due to the ridiculous rate he’s been growing over the past couple of years. He must now be well over 6 foot- and I’d guess around 6’4”

I think this area of a youth prospects development is often overlooked but can cause many problems with balance, co-ordination and even injuries! Looks like he’s reached his full height now so really expecting him to kick on

Borninthe80ts

He finally looks comfortable and confident at this level and it shows, especially that third goal.

As others have said for his development I can see a loan in the second half of next season if he does well at under 21 level.

I really liked the snap in his shots and finishes of late. Highlights his improved composure.

Red Royal

Can't say I have seen much of his gametime inheritance than a few highlight reels; but that hatrick for the 21s seems very promising. With the right coaching and mentality I hope he could be a future understudy for Hojlund. Seems to have good link up play as well as ability to finish. A long road ahead though.

Collina

Can't say I have seen much of his gametime inheritance than a few highlight reels; but that hatrick for the 21s seems very promising. With the right coaching and mentality I hope he could be a future understudy for Hojlund. Seems to have good link up play as well as ability to finish. A long road ahead though.
U18s, but yes, he has definitely improved a lot!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Might be on bench today

Red Royal

Might be on bench today

That would be amazing for the lad. Highly doubtful we can get into a comfortable position to throw him on for a few minutes... but being there will be awesome

Although don't know who this source is.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
That would be amazing for the lad. Highly doubtful we can get into a comfortable position to throw him on for a few minutes... but being there will be awesome

Although don't know who this source is.
Think it’s our academy player Ashton Missin’s dad.

saik

He's come a long way this season. Let's hope he continues to improve.

He is the profile of striker that ETH likes too, so I'm not surprised to see him get called up ahead of McNeil, who has not been impressive at all.

GueRed

Bench appearance hopefully gives him an incentive to keep working hard

saik

What a season Wheatley has had for the u-18s. From people doubting him at the start to making his senior debut by the end of the season. Way to go lad!!

criticalanalysis

Looks like he's got a good frame and moves well. If he develops even more physically, it would be very nice to have this type of profile off the bench in the future.

How is he aerially?

Oranges038

Straight in, leaves the boot in. Nice.

Always great to see a young lad make his debut, hopefully it's the first of many.

KjaAnd

Congrats to the young man! At times, I've been somewhat skeptical of his attitude for the U18's but I really liked the aggressiveness he showed tonight. Looking forward to him getting more minutes in the coming games.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Tried so hard to look focused and serious coming on but when EtH lightly bantered with him the grin burst out.

AneRu

Liked the work ethic, hopefully we get to see more of him on the ball in the coming matches.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Spoke so well in his post match interview. Seems pretty comfortable with talking to the media.

Last edited: