Euro 2016 : Players and teams that have not impressed you.

sallycinnamin

Well for me the lack of clinical, pure strikers. Lewandowski, Muller no goals, Kane and Long didn't score at all or Ibrahimovic. As for teams Spain, England, Austria were a few peoples outside tip and Russia- Ukraine didn't show up at all. I am sure there are plenty of other players/ teams that have left people perplexed and disappointed.

If this thread or one like it has been done apologies in advance.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Joao Moutinho and Andre Gomes for Portugal.

Konoplyanka and Yarmelenko for Ukraine.

Embolo and Shaqiri (round of 16 aside) for Switzerland.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Embolo was quite the disappointment, given his hype.

England fecked up even worse than I expected.

France with all their very narrow and last minute wins against mediocre to weak opposition were also a bit disappointing.

Austria were a big disappointment, their team isn't great but I would've expected them to at least make it out of the group stages.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Pogba and France so far haven't blown me away. Having said that you can easily see them going on to win the thing.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
David Silva seems like he has some clause that says he has to play every match no matter what.
Pogba was expected to be one of the main stars but hasn't done much.
Giroud should be top scorer with the players he has behind him creating loads of chances.
Kane and Janko didn't perform at all.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I was expecting big things from the two ukranian lads Konoplyanka and Yarmelenko.
And up until the round 16 tie Belgium just won a few of their players been a let down.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
David Silva seems like he has some clause that says he has to play every match no matter what.
Pogba was expected to be one of the main stars but hasn't done much.
Giroud should be top scorer with the players he has behind him creating loads of chances.

All three have had decent tournaments I think. Silva did ok in the group stages, Pogba links up play well with his teammates and Giroud has been good - he was excellent in the Ireland game, gave his team a target to use for knock downs and create chances.

Reactions: Rooney in Paris

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Alaba was really bad which is only to a certain extent his own fault. Koller keeps playing him as midfielder where he is just not good enough.

England looked quite ok in the Group stage but they were a collective disaster against Iceland.

Perrick Dubois

Hamsik almost scored one of the goals of the tournament but in my opinion he has been a bit underwhelming. Slovakia don't really have much to support him with.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Hamsik almost scored one of the goals of the tournament but in my opinion he has been a bit underwhelming. Slovakia don't really have much to support him with.
What about the goal of the tournament he did score? Or one of the assists of the tournament off his weaker foot?

Strikers have mostly been poor. Russia were dreadful, reminiscent of Ireland in 2012. Austria were disappointing given the strength of their qualifying campaign, but according to that Austrian on here that was no surprise following their recent patchy form. Most of the big teams have been lucky enough to use the group stages to find their feet.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Russia was awful but I expected it, the same with England. Ukraine has done worse than I anticipated and I was sure that Austria will qualify.

Ronaldo, Lewa, Muller

Panther

I expected Muller to do a lot better and Lewandowski, both were touted to be top scorer yet haven't scored any at all (correct me if I'm wrong).
Portugal haven't impressed me, they didn't win a game in the groups and have been outplayed in most of their games.
England haven't either obviously but I'd blame Kane, Sterling, Alli, Rooney etc before the manager, these are £40+ million players who are expected to perform better yet have been awful.

RocK3T

(Manchester) 'Pele called me the greatest football
Surely Ronaldo has been one of the worst relative to what he's capable of? Ability wise we know he falls into the elite but his performances have been poor and all round game severely lacking. Lewandowski has made a cnut of me at my old work though. I told my colleagues that he's my outside bet for top scorer!

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Portugal are the cockroach of the tournament. Someone please kill it.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Portugal. How they've scraped through is annoying and frustrating.

prarek

Too many to name. Lots of top players have disappointed.

Giggs86

I think the proper question would be what team and players DID impress you? The majority of teams so far under performed big time. Biggest shout will go to England, Spain, Portugal, Croatia. More was expected of France, I think they will crumble once they face a real tough opponent. The only teams that can hold their heads high are Iceland, Italy, Wales, Ireland and Belgium to some extent.

Perrick Dubois

What about the goal of the tournament he did score? Or one of the assists of the tournament off his weaker foot?
Almost scored. I was at the first game, he danced through about 6 welsh players and had a shot cleared off the line. Funnily enough, easily the best piece of defending of the tournament.

edit: Oh right, excuse me I completely brain farted there. Yes you are right, perhaps I am being harsh.

Silverman

Twitter was very critical of Joao Mario after Portugals win over Poland.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
It would be far simpler to name that players that have not disappointed, much less actually impressed.

rollingstoned1

Thread should have Been who's impressed you at the tournament so far which would've been a lot more concise. Payet has been one who had shone and Wales have impressed with their team spirit but this tournament has been more conspicuous for its lack of quality a lot of matches reminding me of lvg last year.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Portugal are the cockroach of the tournament. Someone please kill it.
:lol:

I see them making it to the final, and then it's anyone's game. God forbid Ronaldo to have a shit tournament and score the winner, from a penalty, in the final! The amount of ab shots well be getting with Ronny posing around topless! :nervous:

On topic:
Team: a whole host of them. England, Belgium, Spain the main ones. France haven't been impressive either, but they had he individual brilliance to get them the results.

Players: too many to mention. Almost all the big names, barring Bale, Griezzman (been better after the first couple).

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wales, I'm not impressed with them getting to the semis.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Euro 2016 has been disappointing in its entirety.

I truly regret every match I watched of this tournament. Basically wasting 90 minutes of my life watching the god awful brand of football and so called entertainment that has been served up these last few weeks.