Euro 2020 Fantasy Football

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Got Benzema and Mbappe.

Captained Mbappe

(Just for balance after the "I captained Benzema" deluge)
feck France. Mbappe my player ruins everything. At least one assist, but should have done so much more.

I am doomed. Minimum 7 players out with 2 to go. I guess I probably take 2-4 hits to sort things out.

A wildcard would have been nice.
:lol:

I'm in a real mess too. No goalkeepers, no chips, no hope :wenger:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Well it is just to take hits. I am used from fantasy PL with injuries and things.

In fantasy CL I never needed more than 1 hit due to having few injuries etc.
I'm in exact same position. We gambled. It didn't pay off.

Taking a few hits will drop you down ranks massively. The difference in PTS isn't much

Paul_Scholes18

I'm in exact same position. We gambled. It didn't pay off.

Taking a few hits will drop you down ranks massively. The difference in PTS isn't much
Yeah for sure it will drop, but we have little choice I guess.

2-3 hits minimum I think.

I think I do not regret fully my strategy.

Depay,Wijnaldum, Dumfries did feel like logical picks.

France I guess getting Varane was a bit stupid over Meunier/Maguire/Shaw, but I picked him thinking France had highest chance to go far.

Schneiderman

Yeah for sure it will drop, but we have little choice I guess.

2-3 hits minimum I think.

I think I do not regret fully my strategy.

Depay,Wijnaldum, Dumfries did feel like logical picks.

France I guess getting Varane was a bit stupid over Meunier/Maguire/Shaw, but I picked him thinking France had highest chance to go far.
We don't need our wildcard, the last 16 will be easy to predict :(

Strategy was sound tbf, if it paid off it'd give us the best chance of winning. Roll on the proper game indeed.

Paul_Scholes18

We don't need our wildcard, the last 16 will be easy to predict :(

Strategy was sound tbf, if it paid off it'd give us the best chance of winning. Roll on the proper game indeed.
I have a plan though for this scenario, but I think I needed France to qualify to win our league.

The guy first had wildcard so it is a -12 point swing potentially that my 3 French players go out.

Schneiderman

I have a plan though for this scenario, but I think I needed France to qualify to win our league.

The guy first had wildcard so it is a -12 point swing potentially that my 3 French players go out.
Guy top of our league has it in the bag now. The closest with the wildcard too is in 9th. No pressure @canny95 whoever you are..

Canuckred64

9 players left plus 3 transfers, gives me 12 players for the quarters. But one of them is De Bruyne who looked like he may not make the next game. Might have to take at least one four point hit.

Paul_Scholes18

Guy top of our league has it in the bag now. The closest with the wildcard too is in 9th. No pressure @canny95 whoever you are..
Yeah it is well played to him doing so well keeping the wildcard. I think he got lucky having both Torres doing well from the bench in the group stage.

Ronaldo really helping him out a lot.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That defeat took me from 10 players (fine with tfrs allowed) to 7 and only able to put out 10 players.

Like my assistant (@Sandikan ) said, roll on the proper fantasy football.
A guy above mehad the Swiss double goalscorer. Having captained the Danish defender for 24 points. And had Benzema too.

Came nowhere in the league game. Certainly suits some players.

Paul_Scholes18

Looks like Gosens might be ill. Have already brought him on, but it do not matter since it was for Varanes 0 pointer anyway.

I really needed Gosens since I am looking at -12 or -16 for next round.

It is always annoying though with injuries/illness when you have a good feeling about players, but there is people with Perisic, Gosens and KDB out there so yeah could be worse.

canny954

Nice one. After losing my old account attached to my uni email I've been lurking for a fair few years now..

Guess now is better than never to come out the woodwork.

Schneiderman

Nice one. After losing my old account attached to my uni email I've been lurking for a fair few years now..

Haha, brilliant. You'll be a legitimate winner now you've posted so it's all good!

Fair play for going against popular opinion here and saving the wildcard. Your GW3 team managed to smash my wildcard team.

Paul_Scholes18

Good luck mate. You are doing extremly well with a wildcard left.

I guess you set up your team to save it potentially?

I kind of set up my team to use it with mostly punts for week 1. Then Eriksen, Wijndal and Cancelo out pretty much forced my hand.

Funny enough though I had Depay, Lukaku and Ronaldo from the start like you so my attack would have been good without changing it. Midfield would have been poor though.

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Yarmo and Forsberg securing my highest GW score so far. Cold comfort with half of my squad on their way home :lol:

Schneiderman

Obviously I'm like the only one with Danielsson and he gets sent off. He certainly showed no mercy there :wenger:

Paul_Scholes18

What a nightmare this has been. 9 players out. I thought I played it as safe as I could without going with one player from each side too much or 2vs2.

Paul_Scholes18

Obviously I'm like the only one with Danielsson and he gets sent off. He certainly showed no mercy there :wenger:
wow unlucky mate. As a Swede I am so annoyed. We had so many chances early second half. Then Ukraine got into it and we did wait with subs.
Then finally made the subs and we get a red card just after that move.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gonna be carnage checking my team when I log in.
Think I have about 4 players max!

Will have to make 3 striker changes, maybe take a -4 for a high ceiling mid and try and scrape into the next round.

Not that I'm getting near to top in my work league and was miles down in the cafe one

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Good news first:

68pts in round of 16 and up to 2k OR out of 3.75million teams. :) :) :)

Now the bad news:

8 players knocked out, no wildcard and doubts over Beradi and KDB starting next match.

canny954

Good luck mate. You are doing extremly well with a wildcard left.

I guess you set up your team to save it potentially?

I kind of set up my team to use it with mostly punts for week 1. Then Eriksen, Wijndal and Cancelo out pretty much forced my hand.

Funny enough though I had Depay, Lukaku and Ronaldo from the start like you so my attack would have been good without changing it. Midfield would have been poor though.
Cheers!

I focused primarily on captain choices, ensuring there was a decent option for most of not all days.

Got pretty lucky MD3 with the Spanish lads coming on & getting some points. The only reason I'd have WC'd would be to change the defence, didn't think the chip was worth just for that, plus, I was at work so wasn't sat at home overthinking it, that played a major part!

Made sure to pick players from a variety of price points, making it easier to switch if necessary, see Lukaku+Insigne>>Belotti+KDB. Opted for KDB after his performance MD2, keeping Ronnie over Lukaku as a captain backup if Belotti+KDB didn't score as well as predicted.

Schneiderman

wow unlucky mate. As a Swede I am so annoyed. We had so many chances early second half. Then Ukraine got into it and we did wait with subs.
Then finally made the subs and we get a red card just after that move.
Ah commiserations mate. I thought you were the better team in normal time, should have had it won in the first 75 mins before you ran out of steam. Then the red card decided it in the end.

I have 8 players eliminated plus KDB. Even Garcia and Berardi might not start :lol:

sillwuka

20k overall. 8th in the Redcafe league and soon to be alot lower.

No wildcard, used my 3 free transfers and -4 hit to salvage a 10 player team..

Pickford
Maehle Di Lorenzo Spinazzola
Berardi Damsgaard Sterling
Kane Morata Seferovic

The Viper

So which are the essentials pick. Here are my essential picks I think or at least players everyone should consider.

Berardi (cheap and attacking for a team with huge chances to qualify and that could go all the way. He is playing at 8 million level for 6 million.)
Spinazzola (best defensive pick for attacking returns in the strongest defensive side)
Depay (star and pen taker for a Dutch side that should be one of the biggest favorites to reach semi final given the draw)
Dumfries (attacking wingback with 2 goals already. He is high risk, but massive rewards potentially)
Maehle (attacking wingback for 4.5 with a good fixture. Wales not bad, but he is still worth a punt)
Forsberg (main star for sweden against a weak Ukraine. Also on pens and fairly cheap still)
Sarabia (1 goal and 2 assists. Surely he will be nailed after that? Only 6.5 so good value for money)
Ronaldo ( 5 goals already in group of death. You would be crazy to rule him out. I stupidly ignored him on limitless and did suffer )

Risky Punts pick to gain rank.

Kulusevski ( 2 assists from the bench and everyone in Sweden wants him to start. I think he will personally)
Grealish (star man last game and all of England wants him to start I think. If he do he can be the difference against Germany)
Goretzka (cheap and often gets goals from midfields. Might be back now from him injury and could improve Germany)
Hazard (naturally people will buy KDB and Lukaku, but Hazard could have pens and he could be the star.
Pogba ( played very well, but not got any returns. Surely he will get one assist soon? Edit he got the assist, but could have had more)
Jota (people will buy Ronaldo, but Jota could be the way to go for cheaper in midfield)
Modric (might be finding form again. Few expects him to do well against Spain, but he might step up. )
Bale (maybe not a big punt, but he could be the difference for Wales again.)
Ramsey (more risky than Bale, but could have scored more goals so far)
This was of great help. Any further tips for the next round fantasy league master? :)

Neo_Mufc

I completed cocked up this fantasy. I have 2 accounts and messed my redcafe one up. I hate my life.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I took a risk and took -12 points. At this stage if you don't risk it then it's pointless anyway trying to catch up.

Paul_Scholes18

Who's Swedish in this thread? (sure someone was)
me :(. It hurt. I am second in our league, but not anymore with 9 players out.

Now I am going all in on England and Spain haha with my -16. The funny thing with England is it will be fun if they win it, but also fun if they fail vs Ukraine. The meltdown vs Southgate etc is a bit funny.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
me :(. It hurt. I am second in our league, but not anymore with 9 players out.

Now I am going all in on England and Spain haha with my -16. The funny thing with England is it will be fun if they win it, but also fun if they fail vs Ukraine. The meltdown vs Southgate etc is a bit funny.
I actually wasn't asking due to the football results :)

I was just after advice on how easy it is (or not) for someone in the UK to open a Swedish bank account.

(Basically, I was abusing this thread but given my FF team is awful and Wales out, I thought... heyho)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Took a-4 to have 9 players.
Morata captain, winger Torres in there too.

Obviously Morata who the coach said he would field "Morata and 10 others", goes off stupidly early tactically. Marvelous.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Only took a minus 4. 12 players still in so I have 1 sub.

Morata and Sarabia in my team though which isn't ideal.

Kane captain tomorrow locked in now.

0161_UNITED

I
Only took a minus 4. 12 players still in so I have 1 sub.

Morata and Sarabia in my team though which isn't ideal.

Kane captain tomorrow locked in now.
The hits I took are looking better now. I didn’t trust these, and Morata, P. Torres and Sarabia delivered a grand total of 4 points. If I can get 3 returns or cleanies from here on, it was worth taking the hit.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
No Insigne. No Lukaku. Double Italy clean sheet gone. :(

Yeah I'm having a mare which I imagine many others are too who used their wildcard in group stage.

Paul_Scholes18

3 Spain attackers gave me 4 points. Took -8 to bring in two of them.

On the bright side I have Morata with 2 points next maybe so almost paying for his hit.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Spinny going off injured is just typical of the way things are going in this game.