Europa League 2012-13

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Playoff Round.

Liverpool vs Hearts, second time in a row that Hearts have drawn English opposition at this stage.

A Schmorgesborg are evidently going on as well. Newcastle have a greek team, Motherwell have Levante. Molde have dutch team Heerenveen. Athletic Club have a finnish team.

Final at Amsterdam Arena

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Liverpool are cnuts, two ridiculously easy draws, CONSPIRACY?

Levo

Band of Brothers
Prelim rounds aren't they? You'd have to be pretty unlucky to be selected against another of the 'big' teams.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I love the Europa League, it's a lot of fun for a neutral fan.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Liverpool are cnuts, two ridiculously easy draws, CONSPIRACY?
They have been seeded, you can hardly get anyone much harder than Hearts and Gomel in these two rounds.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I love the Europa League, it's a lot of fun for a neutral fan.
It's a shame you're not in the competition this year. You could have gone all the way a few years ago when PSV knocked you out on penalties.

Laphroaig

Solskjær vs Van Basten as we speak. 0-0 after 20 minutes, Molde have been marginally better I suppose.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Newcastle fielding a weakened team and are currently 1-0 down.

Laphroaig

Yeah, and if Molde get there I hope Rosenborg do too, so they too will have to cope with the extra games. (And Godset will be rubbing their hands at that though.)

HT 1-0, Molde comfortably the better side.

beergod

The Europa League would be an amazing competition if teams from the big countries actually wanted to win it instead of neglecting it to try and reach the Champions League. Too bad the TV viewers don't agree with me and get the competition a better TV deal, but that is a chicken and egg scenario.

Skorenzy

BBC said:
BBC Scotland's Keir Murray reports: "We're hearing that Levante, playing their first European match, will present flowers to Motherwell before kick-off as a tribute to Phil O'Donnell, the late captain of the Steelmen who collapsed during a game in 2007.

"The Spaniards learned about O'Donnell's tragic death while researching their Europa League opponents."

Nice gesture. There's still some honour and sportsmanship in football yet... although it's likely to be offset by tonight's Clásico. :D

Drifter

American
Yep agree with that Hearts taking advantage of a weakened side.

Skorenzy

Both commentators on ITV showing their ignorance on the offside rule :lol:

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Why does Peter Drury constantly have his cock out over everything Sterling does? That pass was begging to be punished by the Hearts player. Stupid to even try it. Borini continues doing what Liverpool are best at, missing easy chances.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Duncan sent off for one booking for FC Midtjylland in their match against Young Boys. Referees, fecking hell.