Europa League 2018/19 | The Noble Wulf Edition

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Villarreal vs Valencia. I remember they played against each other some time in Europa league.

ARS

Happy enough with that draw from a Gooner perspective, either we crash out & focus on the “top 4 trophy” or we go through with the confidence of knocking out a strong team.

Possibliity of meeting Santi in the semis & Giroud in the final!

Quarter-final to final draw

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Quarter final draw
Arsenal v Napoli *been reversed from Napoli v Arsenal
Villarreal v Valencia
Benfica v Eintracht Frankfurt
Slavia Praha v Chelsea

Semi final draw
Arsenal/Napoli v Villarreal/Valencia
Benfica/Eintracht Frankfurt v Slavia Praha/Chelsea

Final draw
Benfica/Eintracht Frankfurt/Slavia Praha/Chelsea v Arsenal/Napoli/Villarreal/Valencia

Sylar

Darren Bent wanted Arsenal and Chelsea to avoid Sevilla.

Without realising they were knocked out yesterday haha

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Arsenal are out. The reversal fecked them over because they can't leverage their home advantage anymore. Ancelotti will be licking his chops at getting an away goal and then seeing out the game at home since Arsenal are horrible away from home.

deadrevelz

Am I right in thinking that if two English teams who finish in the top 4, win the CL + EL, that means whoever comes 4th in the league misses out on CL qualification for next season? :eek:
So if City or Liverpool win the CL, and Chelsea or Arsenal come 3rd and win the EL, and United come 4th... we're fecked!

Sylar

Am I right in thinking that if two English teams who finish in the top 4, win the CL + EL, that means whoever comes 4th in the league misses out on CL qualification for next season? :eek:
So if City or Liverpool win the CL, and Chelsea or Arsenal come 3rd and win the EL, and United come 4th... we're fecked!
I think were fcked if a non top 4 team wins the CL. So if Spurs finish 5th, us 4th but they win CL then yea.
otherwise Europa has no bearing.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
I think the CL winner needs to finish outside the top 4 for that to happen.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
5 teams will play

deadrevelz

I think were fcked if a non top 4 team wins the CL. So if Spurs finish 5th, us 4th but they win CL then yea.
otherwise Europa has no bearing.
Ah ok, so I got that mixed up. Don't see Spurs winning the CL so nothing to worry about...

cyberman

Maybe it's a stick to beat United but our draw wasn't easier than Atleticos last year or Chelseas this season.
Anyway, Chelsea would be mad to focus on the league after this. El all the way for them.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Good to have the second leg at home. Can't take it as an easy tie though.

Didn't want to play Arsenal over two legs, so that is good. They are far better at the Emirates than away / neutral. Would still be a tough final 50/50 game if we both make it.

Hopefully Sarri can get us to the final and redeem the league do final cup shambles.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Why is our tie reversed again? We had our tie reversed against Rennes so shouldn't it be Chelsea's turn to have it reversed this time?

Siorac

Why is our tie reversed again? We had our tie reversed against Rennes so shouldn't it be Chelsea's turn to have it reversed this time?
Because you finished below them in the Premier League last season.

deadrevelz

Probably best if both Arsenal and Chelsea get to the final, though as long as they get to the semis that's good enough for me.

Needham

Arsenal Chelsea final hopefully. Strongly disapprove of hooliganism but in this case happy to sit at home and watch the scores come in.

I'd bet my imaginary house on Jović scoring against his parent club.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
for who? Us? Couldn't have picked an easier one! I am absolutely confident of getting to the final after seeing that draw. Away first v Prague aswell.
Don't underestimate SP. They put in an incredibly spirited performance to knock out Sevilla yesterday, and Sevilla have run this tournament for years :D Of course you're favourites, but still, they have proven capable of an upset.